Barking Dogs in Thailand: Might VALIUM Be The Answer?

21 minutes ago, proton said:

How dogs ever managed to get the mans best friend description is a mystery, these barking, slobbering pests are more like the worst enemy. We had 14 yapping around us at one time while the owners were out at work, luckily most have died, moved away or been dumped somewhere. Something wrong with people who have to parade them around the shops in pushchairs, saw one in a central restaurant sat on a seat yesterday, might have been one of those  emotional support dogs, a lot of owners do seem in need of emotional support.

Noel Coward:

Slobbering Dogs

Barking Englishmen....

Maybe?

Or, the other way round?

You could try this. It may help if the yappers owners are close by. Get a loud bluetooth speaker and point it the direction of the problem. 2; open a youtube vdo of barking dogs and play it as loud as possible. Give the problem neighbors a taste of what's it like to hear bark, bark, bark all day, all night. 

This did help for me with my problem neighbors. They came by our place to see what was making all the racket. They got the message, loud and clear. Now when their poop and fur factories bark and bark and bark, they put them inside the house. Not perfect, but much better now. Good luck. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, dcalaska said:

You could try this. It may help if the yappers owners are close by. Get a loud bluetooth speaker and point it the direction of the problem. 2; open a youtube vdo of barking dogs and play it as loud as possible. Give the problem neighbors a taste of what's it like to hear bark, bark, bark all day, all night. 

This did help for me with my problem neighbors. They came by our place to see what was making all the racket. They got the message, loud and clear. Now when their poop and fur factories bark and bark and bark, they put them inside the house. Not perfect, but much better now. Good luck. 

I STRONGLY advise AGAINST doing this.

This type of thing can provoke aggression and lead to disharmony in the village.

(But, still, if it worked for you...then....problem solved.  Congratulations!)

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 7:09 AM, proton said:

How dogs ever managed to get the mans best friend description is a mystery, these barking, slobbering pests are more like the worst enemy. We had 14 yapping around us at one time while the owners were out at work, luckily most have died, moved away or been dumped somewhere. Something wrong with people who have to parade them around the shops in pushchairs, saw one in a central restaurant sat on a seat yesterday, might have been one of those  emotional support dogs, a lot of owners do seem in need of emotional support.

They are better creatures than humans.    Loyal ,  Loyal ,loyal.   The humans are at fault in these barking situations .I did not use to be a dog person ,I scoffed at dog people .Now I have seen the light.  It disgusts/angers  me how they are treated in Thailand

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:

They are better creatures than humans.    Loyal ,  Loyal ,loyal.   The humans are at fault in these barking situations .I did not use to be a dog person ,I scoffed at dog people .Now I have seen the light.  It disgusts/angers  me how they are treated in Thailand

Not so much in CM. Or at CMU. 

I love dogs. I have six at our place near to Rayong, along with six cats and various other animals. When I am there I walk the dogs through nearby rubber plantations at 5 o'clock in the morning. At the house they make a lot of noise whenever strangers appear at the main gates,  and usually have a howling session around midnight. Doesn't bother me at all. I am very disturbed by the animal hatred frequently expressed in posts here. Animals are far and away nicer than humans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

I love dogs. I have six at our place near to Rayong, along with six cats and various other animals. When I am there I walk the dogs through nearby rubber plantations at 5 o'clock in the morning. At the house they make a lot of noise whenever strangers appear at the main gates,  and usually have a howling session around midnight. Doesn't bother me at all. I am very disturbed by the animal hatred frequently expressed in posts here. Animals are far and away nicer than humans.

True Dat

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Not so much in CM. Or at CMU. 

Thats right, because they are rounded up and sent to one of your neighbouring countries where they become a hearty meal for the locals.  

Wish they did that where I live

• Like 1

the majority of times it is the fault of the owners, normally leaving the dogs alone.

so you cant really blame the dog, but that does not solve the problem.

i have 2 next door to me, go mental everytime anyone drives by.  its just relentless.

sorry, sorry, is all the owner says, never does eff all about it.

luckily, we are moving to a new village with security and strict rules about noise pollution.

im also investing in double glazing.........

if that does not work.........i will solve the problem......i have a remedy........but not for this post.

52 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

the majority of times it is the fault of the owners, normally leaving the dogs alone.

so you cant really blame the dog, but that does not solve the problem.

i have 2 next door to me, go mental everytime anyone drives by.  its just relentless.

sorry, sorry, is all the owner says, never does eff all about it.

luckily, we are moving to a new village with security and strict rules about noise pollution.

im also investing in double glazing.........

if that does not work.........i will solve the problem......i have a remedy........but not for this post.

I have nothing against turning a barking dog into edible tidbits of meat in a stew.

Or, I have seen FastFood Dog Meat shops in GuangDong.

Usually, the problems of barking dogs and those nasty roosters crowing comes from the same household.

They love the noise.

Basically, they are barnyard people who have created a barnyard from their residential home.

Crazy!

Plenty of these people everywhere, America, the Deep South, the Appalachian halfwits, etc.

Edited by GammaGlobulin