Thai Immigration Boosts Tourist Confidence with Festive Welcome

webfact

They dont exactly look like friendly & inviting people and by personal experience that often give foreigners surly looks which is the opposite of what they should be doing. When will their superiors realise this or is that too much to expect?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

"Look at the camera please Sir.......thank you."

"Fingers on the print scanner please Sir.....now the other hand......thank you"

"Look into the spray nozzle Sir while we give you a burst of alcohol.....thank you."

"Yes, all religions, no exceptions"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

providing souvenir sprays containing alcohol for international tourists arriving during the extended holidays to create a memorable and vibrant experience

To an ol' man like me this is nearly incomprehensible. But I guess it must be good or they wouldn't be doing it.

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

To an ol' man like me this is nearly incomprehensible. But I guess it must be good or they wouldn't be doing it.

Hm,...what's good in there eyes isn't necessary good in other's eyes !

• Agree 1

Did they get the tourists to fill out a confidential survey to see if they felt more confident seeing an army of the boys in brown waiting for them on arrival? More than likely most were shocked and concerned how much it was going to cost them

First time I flew alone I asked for help from the airport staff.  The girl screamed GO! and turned away and continued chatting with her friends.  It wasn't even busy.

Few years later the cop on the immigration desk threw my passport at me and just pointed behind me.  I did something wrong on the form.

Suvarnabhumi is one of the worst airports I have passed though in terms of service.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Got treated appallingly on Monday night at Phuket airport, i didnt realise was one day over 30day stay so pay 500bht and then Jetstar cancels flight back to Sydney Australia as say plane broke down so everyone to be put up in accommodation for night so go to leave and immigration say no way you cant leave airport so forced to try and sleep on floor or chair , no shower no blanket nothing till able to fly back nearly 24 hours later, so much for spending 90,000 bht on hotel and over 100,000bht on food, drink ,etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwaussie said:

Got treated appallingly on Monday night at Phuket airport, i didnt realise was one day over 30day stay so pay 500bht and then Jetstar cancels flight back to Sydney Australia as say plane broke down so everyone to be put up in accommodation for night so go to leave and immigration say no way you cant leave airport so forced to try and sleep on floor or chair , no shower no blanket nothing till able to fly back nearly 24 hours later, so much for spending 90,000 bht on hotel and over 100,000bht on food, drink ,etc.

Presumably you will be fully compensated by Jetstar?  Not really Immigration's fault.