Brutal Pit Bull Attack Shocks Community; Victim Succumbs to Injuries

webfact

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Maybe because it does not get as many clicks but plenty of stories on this forum of soi dog attacks and just as many idiots advocating killing alll

Nice try to deflect, but no cigar for you.

We are not talking about people getting bitten by soi or other dogs, we are talking about people getting killed by dogs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Nah just a funny 'ol mut with a fox like tail, who must always for some reason have something in his mouth, normally a dead leaf, or anything made of plastic, sometimes he brings me toys from the kids up the road :cheesy: one time a Spiderman mask, he is the funniest dog I have ever known, he will run and retrieve anything bring it to you, but will never let go :giggle:, you can pretend to chase him and he'll just run around the trees, will always trot in front of the car if I go out till the end of our small soi. just had his nuts removed, they had to dart him first, no way would he ever go on a lead or get up in a car. Would post a pic but his off with his mate up the road playing. 

Thanks for the specific answer - the question was a bit tongue in cheek!

I can't imagine a Pit Bull fittingt the description of your dog's antics!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Woof999 said:

The only relocation these 2 dogs needs is to a shallow grave.

You will of course have the halfwit owners that believe their dog would never do that.......maybe not to him her but to a stranger the risk is too much to let anyone own them as pets.

The choices in my opinion are cage them like you would a tiger or make soup out of them..They are not pets they are killers as are a few other breeds but that's for another day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And as for the soi dogs, the real solution is massive, nationwide culling. These are mangy creatures, leading desperate lives.

WTF. And your the guy who wrote this year you think its good that Thailand is now a narco capital of the world with weed being sold on street corners across thailand. I remember you writing this. 

I think your opinions, in general, are uneducated rhetoric at the best of times. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

WTF. And your the guy who wrote this year you think its good that Thailand is now a narco capital of the world with weed being sold on street corners across thailand. I remember you writing this. 

I think your opinions, in general, are uneducated rhetoric at the best of times. 

I think it comes from possibly being brought up in a country where all dogs have to be  kept under control by their owners at all times, and have the necessary vaccinations against rabies etc. Any strays are rounded up and taken to the nearest animal sanctuary where if they are not claimed in a certain length of time , the dog is put up for adoption, and if not adopted in a certain length of time, euthanised. Consequently, no rabies, relatively few dog attacks and NO SOI DOGS!!! Oh, and by the way, Pit Bulls are illegal!!!

Edited by sambum
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

Then get the World Animal Protection organisation to take in and take care at their own expense every single stray dog world wide at their own expense to feed, look after and care for every stray dog.

What will they do, for example, with the hundreds or thousands of tons of dog <deleted> every day, without spoiling the land and water supplies around them?

Did you even brother looking at their website?

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, sambum said:

From my earlier post:- "Giant, aged 2, the Pit Bull breed or Ban Dog that savaged its owner to death last week has been taken to his funeral in Pattaya.

He took part in a ceremony called "khor khama" in which he apologized to the corpse." 

Apparently, the dog was sharing the owner's bed when it suddenly attacked and killed him, so obviously it wasn't being badly mistreated. So your statement doesn't wash with me, I'm afraid:- "In certain situations, this dog, when cared for properly and trained, is your very best friend. Your wife, your children, and all of your property are safe with this properly cared for, loved, and adequately trained dog....."

It doesn't matter how well cared for and well trained these dogs are it all boils down to the fact that they are UNPREDICTABLE and can quickly turn on even their own "families" for no apparent reason. This trait is in the genes of each and every one of them, so every one of them is essentially capable of fatally attacking people and other animals. Such an animal should never be allowed to be a "pet".

Agree, and they should never be left alone around children (although owners do and post pictures of look how cute my pittie is lying with my toddler). Irresponsible nutcases should not be allowed to be parents. Even a "normal" dog should not be left alone around small children - any dog can attack for any reason, but at least a sausage dog isn't going to do too much harm.

I have always had (small) dogs, but they were never ever left alone with my kids when they were babies.

Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 01.14.02.png

just about a month or so ago, police saved two pitt bull puppies(ugly as hell),,,, so now they have grown and already killed some one..

control of soi dogs ..I see, another project never to materialize..

who need these dogs??>>people who have no self esteem and want to prove something to everyone...?? 

chemical castration and in few years no more pitt bulls..   

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Jing Joe said:

yup.     Do some research and be surprised as I was. Cats are very sensitive. A regular large black feral cat visitor here didnt return. Way over-dosed it with  500mg.  But note:- dogs bodyweight is relative.  Pit Bulls? do the sums and "kill or get killed."

Quote> "

What happens if a dog has 1 paracetamol?  (500mg)
A dose as small as 150mg of paracetamol per kg of body weight is considered lethal in dogs. However, any dose larger than 75mg per kg of body weight is considered toxic to dogs and will likely cause serious illness, including damage to your pooch's liver and kidneys.

IBUBRUFEN?  Can be deadly too. Research it.

I hope you get poisoned to death. I'm sure it's acceptable for me to post that because here you are making multiple posts promoting illegal and painful animal poisoning in an urban setting where people's pets will be susceptible. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

All dogs can be made aggressive by their treatment,but pit bulls have a very powerful jaws compared to most other dog breeds so do so much more damage. BLAME the OWNER FOR NOT RIGHT education and TREATMENT. There are many pit bulls in NZ and rarely hear of trouble with them. Although when you do hear about them it is bad and it due to their education and big and powerful jaws.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

This and other aggressive breeds of dogs should be banned. Tine for things to change, and the police to go shot off all the killing machines. Owned or not owned, they shall all have a shot i the head.

Agree, these dogs if not all dogs should be on a lead/leash when not behind a closed gate. But you never know what the owner does to them or how the owner treats them. My dog is as passive as you can get, never barks or gets aggressive towards anyone, except ONE guy on a motorbike and she barks at him like she hates him. So something has happened between them in the past, and dogs never forget. Terrible way for the man to die and the dogs should now be destroyed and the owner charged with manslaughter.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sambum said:

Thanks for the specific answer - the question was a bit tongue in cheek!

I can't imagine a Pit Bull fittingt the description of your dog's antics!

I realized that, he seems to be related to a very rare, if not extinct "singing dog'' going by a google search. Anyway here He is with the preverbal dead leaf, waiting for his breakfast.

IMG_20231223_082440.jpg.8bbb59bcd4ab7b501695ebc3ab19ed6a.jpg                                   tIMG_20231223_082426.jpg.30a9c1bcbb2cdce6f0e4c3eac961a488.jpgIMG_20231223_082850.jpg.ebaeb34224ed4d00b28c50fdf58f823c.jpg

And here is a photo of the "singing dog"

singing-dogs.jpg.8fd3f6cd0e1a9fd52307067f54b7ce81.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, sambum said:

Thanks Joe! One of the reasons for posting the pic of the Pit Bull at the funeral was to illustrate just how crazy things can be in this country - how on earth can you justify taking a dog to a temple to "say sorry" to its owner that it has killed? With this mentality in mind, and the Buddhist "all life is sacred" mantra, I fear that this problem will persist until someone in Government has the balls to agree with many other countries and ban them outright - and also ENFORCE all dog owners to have their dogs licensed, and if the owners can not be traced, or deny ownership of the dog, that animal (through no fault of its own I might add) is essentially homeless, a stray, or as they call them here "soi dogs". These dogs, that are also a nuisance and sometimes a danger to people should be rounded up, put up for adoption, and failing any offers of a home, euthanised. This may sound callous or inhumane, but IMHO the end result would justify the means.

Unfortunately - once again, IMHO, this is not going to happen as it would cost money to implement such a scheme, and this country is more intent on securing tourist dollars than looking after the welfare of people. 

Totally agree with your opinions and others similar to yours . You hit the nail on the head when stating                                  "  Buddhist "all life is sacred" mantra, " and for that reason , things will stay the same unless there is Thai government intervention and a new law , to protect people from soi dogs , is invoked . Why do people want to own any aggressive breed of dog ?, to look tough ? and as for the owners who say good owners who train their dogs do not get problems , well they are living in cuckoo land . It is in a dogs D.N.A. to attack / fight , some breeds to a lesser extent . Never the less , what cannot be done is to remove the potential natural ability that the dog can attack and even kill not only strangers but its owner too . As for dog owners who leave their young children with family pet dogs , unsupervised by a responsible adult , they should be reprimanded and banned from keeping dogs . It is bad parenting and neglect .

Anyway , what happened to the Thai dog catcher with his pickup cage rammed with mange soi dogs ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Agree, and they should never be left alone around children (although owners do and post pictures of look how cute my pittie is lying with my toddler). Irresponsible nutcases should not be allowed to be parents. Even a "normal" dog should not be left alone around small children - any dog can attack for any reason, but at least a sausage dog isn't going to do too much harm.

I have always had (small) dogs, but they were never ever left alone with my kids when they were babies.

Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 01.14.02.png

That dog looks very content maybe just ate the twin.

• Haha 1

Interesting...There are some similaraties between that singing dog (picture posted by brianthainess) and the Australian Mountain dingo which  along with the Desert Dingo that probably originally migrated from Asia.  I've seen many dogs resembling the latter in Thailand and both have singing/howling attributes.

Interesting...There are some similaraties between that singing dog (picture posted by brianthainess) and the Australian Mountain dingo which  along with the Desert Dingo probably originally migrated from Asia.     I've seen many dogs incredibly resembling the latter in Thailand and both have singing/howling attributes and possibly are as described in the Aussie book:- "Dingoes Dont Bark".

For what its worth, "josephbloggs" picture of a P.B. sleeping in a hammock, that beautiful girls life is in danger just like so many children world wide who have been attacked/killed, either owned by or at random.

The whole story is a no brainer, and as for pathetically taking a dog to farewell its dead owner/victim, sambum and superal summed that up well.  As per the story about deadly Blue Ring Octopus being sold cooked in L.O.S. then where are the health inpectors? seems there is conjecture if Pit Bulls are or not allowed in L.O.S. then where are the animal inspectors and dog catchers?  Again one has to ask:- "How many more lives will it take" and Retayl said "There is no reason for these dogs to exist" and all the arguements and bitterness in these last 6 pages wont solve a thing.