Human trafficking ring busted: Underage girls lured to sell virginity to Chinese investors for 200,000 baht

webfact

image.jpeg

An investigation led by the Crime Suppression Division (CSD) led to the arrest of seven individuals allegedly involved in a human trafficking ring today.

The accused were reportedly enticing underage girls from Mae Hong Son province to sell their virginity to Chinese investors in Bangkok for a fee of 200,000 baht (US$ 5,733). If the girls were found to be non-virgins, the fee was halved.

The main suspects were two women identified as 22 year old Busarin and 19 year old Kwanjira. They were charged with conspiring for trafficking and procuring persons through coercion or deceit, even with the victim’s consent.

Police Major General Saruti Kweangsopha, the CSD chief, revealed that the suspects targeted only those girls who had never had sexual intercourse before. The victims were lured into a trip to Bangkok, where they were forced into prostitution at various luxurious hotels.

“The victims were not allowed to use condoms during the intercourse,” added Pol Maj Gen Saruti. He further mentioned that the traffickers would retain half of the payment made by the clients. If a victim wasn’t a virgin, indicated by the absence of bleeding after intercourse, only half the fee was paid, reported KhaoSod.

by Nattapong Westwood 

Picture courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The accused were reportedly enticing underage girls from Mae Hong Son province to sell their virginity to Chinese investors in Bangkok for a fee of 200,000 baht (US$ 5,733). If the girls were found to be non-virgins, the fee was halved.

Amazing Thailand.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, proton said:

No mention of how old they were, 100k for a shag is good if legal aged

Which part of underaged don't you understand?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The accused were reportedly enticing underage girls from Mae Hong Son province to sell their virginity to Chinese investors

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Which age?

It seems some people think 17 year old girls are underage, other think anybody below 20 is underage.

And then there is of course "real" underage, below the age of consent in Thailand which, as far as I know, is 15.

Personally, I think nobody of any age should be forced into prostitution and anybody who does that should be severely punished.

But if a teenage girl wants to have sex, and she thinks about starting with a boy from her village for free, or collecting a 6-digit amount, I can understand that many girls will be ready to sell their service.

Teenage years start at 13 of course.  It is not simply about being forced into prostitution - underage girls may on occasion be enticed by the dollars but do not have the maturity and sense to make such decisions, thus the laws to take action against predators and their go betweens, regardless of what might appear to be consent from the person. Stating the obvious but sometimes it appears some posters, not saying you, see it otherwise. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Disgusting.

Does anyone think this is more part of Eastern culture than Western?

Yes. 100% yes. What I am surprised with this article is the 200,000baht price tag when it is or was quite common for families to sell their daughter for as little as 20,000baht. Still in Thailand it is common for massage, bars etc to lend money to families or girls so they are trapped. Very common. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The accused were reportedly enticing underage girls from Mae Hong Son province to sell their virginity to Chinese investors in Bangkok for a fee of 200,000 baht (US$ 5,733).

“The victims were not allowed to use condoms during the intercourse,”

As I came to Thailand in the late 1990s -- at the height of Aids fear -- similar trafficking rings where quite common: besides the obvious pedophilia and the power play, having a virgin was seen as the only sure protection in certain Bangkok HiSo circles with the necessary affluency. I know of some people who were quite proud to be able to afford such regularly; incidentally all Thai-Chinese, but I am sure it was much wider spread.

The condom remark really reminds of those times.

As nowadays nobody seems to have any fear of HIV infection any more (seeing how condom use has really declined since then), it is surprising for me, that this is still going on.

Edited by jts-khorat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1