Female ranger survives rape attempt but faces resignation pressure

webfact

image.jpeg

A female Thai ranger faced resignation pressure from her superior after she filed a complaint against a soldier who attempted to rape her with the Royal Thai Army (RTA).

The female ranger, 28 year old Chonlada Charoenram, reached out to the social media influencer, Kannarat “Gun” Pongpaiboonwet, after being forced to resign even though she was the victim. She tried to end her life after the pressure to resign, but her boyfriend saved her life.

Chonlada explained that she was a ranger for nearly seven years in the Deep South provinces. However, she suffered from depression and moved to stay with her boyfriend, who was also a soldier, at his welfare house in the central province of Phitsanuloak during the treatment process.

The incident occurred after she had stayed there for five months. Her boyfriend was at work when his friend, a sergeant major first class, broke into the welfare house.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ กองทัพบก Royal Thai Army

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Sad 12

I don't say that it isn't true but people with 'depression' are often highly manipulative and vindictive, basically very angry at everyone. We have only heard her side of the story. It may be that he was kind to her and when she responded and tried to initiate something he was obliged to reject her. Again don't jump up and down with your panties in the air I am just playing devil's advocate

• Confused 1
  • Sad 10
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"I don't say that it isn't true but people with 'depression' are often highly manipulative and vindictive,..."

Where did you get that gem from? Please share some prove or specific support for your statement.

As a Registered Nurse with experience of such behaviour

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RobU said:

I don't say that it isn't true but people with 'depression' are often highly manipulative and vindictive, basically very angry at everyone. We have only heard her side of the story. It may be that he was kind to her and when she responded and tried to initiate something he was obliged to reject her. Again don't jump up and down with your panties in the air I am just playing devil's advocate

Would you like to share any examples, or evidence, you have for people with depression (with or withou inverted commas) being "often highly manipulative and vindictive, basically angry with everyone"? 

Edited by Drumbuie
Typo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Drumbuie said:

Would you like to share any examples, or evidence, you have for people with depression (with or withou inverted commas) being "often highly manipulative and vindictive, basically angry with everyone"? 

Nope

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

As ever the beribboned louts who have bribed their way to the top of the army show their immunity to any form of negative event. The whole top rank in this squad should be sacked not just the creep who assaulted the lady. Until the armed forces are rid of the incompetents who rule like gods institutions like the RTA, RTN and RTP will continue to behave like they are untouchable. The government needs to step in immediately but as we know there are too many old military types in power.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

against a soldier who attempted to rape her with the Royal Thai Army (RTA).

6 hours ago, webfact said:

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ กองทัพบก Royal Thai Army

another quality report by this ludicrous petch character...

so... a female ranger was almost raped by a soldier who was using the thai army. thats gotta hurt

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

"I don't say that it isn't true but people with 'depression' are often highly manipulative and vindictive,..."

Where did you get that gem from? Please share some prove or specific support for your statement.

Do you not realize WHY she was depressed? It was becoz of her lose of faith in the RTA AFTER being asked to resign. Guess How I know that.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

From the link:

Chonlada went on to say that she filed a complaint against the suspect at the police station and reported it to her superior but the matter went nowhere. The authorities said it was a personal matter and not relevant to the organisation.

Chonlada decided to report the matter directly to the RTA via an application on December 12. Unexpectedly, three days after filing the complaint, her supervisor asked her to sign a letter of resignation, saying she had destroyed the organisation’s image.

Sickening.. sack the supervisor, arrest and charge the attempted rapist.

What the hell is wrong with Thailand.

Yet again you have Failed to read the full story as you so often do, why is that? you want to be the first to reply, end up looking stupid.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Do you not realize WHY she was depressed? It was becoz of her lose of faith in the RTA AFTER being asked to resign. Guess How I know that.

You are wrong she moved to live with her boyfriend before the incident and the interview

"Chonlada explained that she was a ranger for nearly seven years in the Deep South provinces. However, she suffered from depression and moved to stay with her boyfriend, who was also a soldier"

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Yet again you have Failed to read the full story as you so often do, why is that? you want to be the first to reply, end up looking stupid.

If you don't like my posts use the "ignore" option you'll find it in the settings section.

6 hours ago, RobU said:

According to the site below, that is a feature of depression in men, rather than women.

For instance, while depression in women may predictably appear as low mood or fatigue, depression in men can manifest as aggression, manipulation, impulsive risk-taking, avoidance, and substance use.

Recognizing signs of depression in men

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

According to the site below, that is a feature of depression in men, rather than women.

Recognizing signs of depression in men

Agreed but often you find 'passive aggression' in women rather than overt aggression .  i.e. you are critical of me/my work, I don't like it, I am depressed, you are horrid, you are a bully, I will make a complaint.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1