PM Urged To Dissolve National Strategies Committee As Living Legacy Of Junta

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Srettha has recently commented that the 20-Year National Strategies had been prepared by the old generations with intent to compel the young and future generations to strictly follow over the next couple of decades and that they should be substantially amended to better suit tomorrow’s domestic and global circumstances.

And give the youth freedom... never.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Um, I think he's moving in the right direction but you don't get there in one big step.

Bangkok wasn't built in a day.

Albeit the 2014 Interim Constitution Charter created by the NCPO junta was practically created in a day. So any thing is possible.

Edited by Srikcir
Auto correct
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Um, I think he's moving in the right direction but you don't get there in one big step.

Being the suspicious cynic that I am, such proposals are flowery dressing for image purposes, less action that's taken for the good of the commons. 

Srettha is much akin to his predecessors - part and parcel of the club. 

Don't expect any corrective action, in this instance, to be changed or installed for the good of the country/people. 

That's not what they're in place for....

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, but let us not take too long about it, a repeat of 2006 is always on the cards if the institutions are still present and powerful....

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well yes, but part of the final term assessment at the Thai Army Staff College is to write an Interim Constitution Charter, so all Generals have one in their portfolio.

The assessment also includes a live brainstorming session to come up with suitably Orwellian anacronyms for your proposed Junta.

Junta names always seem to contain the word "Peace" ... brought about by military force. 

23 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And give the youth freedom... never.

There was a song in the 1960s by the Who which aptly describes Thailand at the present.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=my+generation+lyrics&sca_esv=594529445&sxsrf=AM9HkKmOGHIuL11db_eL33229cs4YA2X2g%3A1703912537916&ei=WaSPZYW9N4SaseMPy9-XiAU&oq=my+generation&gs_lp=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&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

This is my generation
This is my generation, baby
Why don't you all f-fade away (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Don't try to dig what we all s-s-s-say (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to 'cause a big s-s-sensation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
My generation
And don't try to d-dig what we all s-s-say (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to 'cause a b-big s-s-sensation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
This is my generation
My my my generation
People try to put us d-down (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Just because we g-g-get around (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (talkin' 'bout my generation)

This, in my opinion, is the most relevant line.

Why don't you all f-fade away

Talking about the current generation of "leadership". 

Young people of all generations, mine was the 1960s, want change.

The problem is that most of them have different ideas about what changes they want, and sadly there are very few among them who know how to make the changes.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

There was a song in the 1960s by the Who which aptly describes Thailand at the present.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=my+generation+lyrics&sca_esv=594529445&sxsrf=AM9HkKmOGHIuL11db_eL33229cs4YA2X2g%3A1703912537916&ei=WaSPZYW9N4SaseMPy9-XiAU&oq=my+generation&gs_lp=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&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

This is my generation
Don't try to dig what we all s-s-s-say (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to 'cause a big s-s-sensation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
My generation
And don't try to d-dig what we all s-s-say (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to 'cause a b-big s-s-sensation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
This is my generation
My my my generation
People try to put us d-down (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Just because we g-g-get around (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (talkin' 'bout my generation)

This, in my opinion, is the most relevant line.

Why don't you all f-fade away

Talking about the current generation of "leadership". 

Young people of all generations, mine was the 1960s, want change.

The problem is that most of them have different ideas about what changes they want, and sadly there are very few among them who know how to make the changes.

For reasons too complicated to go into I was quite badly injured in the army at the end of the 80s. I could have taken a discharge on medical grounds, but I wanted to stay in. The army, realising that full recovery would take a couple of years sent me to University to study as a mature student. They really weren't bothered about what I studied, as long I was able to live in a barracks where I could do lots of physiotherapy. I chose to do media studies. I opted to major in "Radio", realising early on that I had the face for radio.

One of the first practical assignments (the academic part of the course was anthropology) was to edit a copy of that song, cutting out all the stutters! That was in the days of reel to reel tape, marked with a chinograph pencil, cut with a single edged razor blade, and joined at the edits with editing tape. You had to not be able to tell where the edits where. It was a nightmare, took hours and hours!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Junta names always seem to contain the word "Peace" ... brought about by military force. 

I think it's the same reason a lot of dictatorships have Democratic in their name. Maybe also, a bit like the Prada Gucci ect names on fake goods. The name is there but there's little substance behind it.

On 12/29/2023 at 6:29 AM, webfact said:

Srettha has recently commented that the 20-Year National Strategies had been prepared by the old generations with intent to compel the young and future generations to strictly follow over the next couple of decades and that they should be substantially amended to better suit tomorrow’s domestic and global circumstances.

Good luck with the senate agreeing to that.

46 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

I'll believe it when I see it

If you have comprehensive understanding of the Constitution being the supreme law of the country, you will agree that the appointed senators will have to go when their 5 years tenure expire in May.