What's the law regarding me beating the #$&% out of a foreigner if he spat on me?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ezzra said:

For a few minutes of gratification you might have to endure months of problems and monitory

costs, and maybe a mark against you in the Immigration

I'm thinking the same. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

hardly a proportionate response, and an interesting insight to an individual's mindset.

while working in china i was sitting on a park bench when a local guy walking past spat at me, thankfully he missed, but while revulsed it never entered my head to get into a fight with him or beat him up.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

hardly a proportionate response, and an interesting insight to an individual's mindset.

while working in china i was sitting on a park bench when a local guy walking past spat at me, thankfully he missed, but while revulsed it never entered my head to get into a fight with him or beat him up.

And the fact the OP is asking tells me he would not retaliate either.

Red mist does not consider repercussions.

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, ezzra said:

For a few minutes of gratification you might have to endure months of problems and monitory

costs, and maybe a mark against you in the Immigration, Think about it...

I dunno.

He could also endure years of feeling like pssy and a victim for doin' nothing. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've been viewing videos of police getting spat on, the police then losing it and beating the #$&% of of the person, I reckon I'd do the same.

Recently I read a thread on AN forum regarding a foreigner spitting on a guy in Makro.

Would I get in trouble if I returned the assault by punching him several times?

The world is a very different place these days, I put it down to poor parenting and removing corporal punishment from schools. 

Seems there are more 30ish year olds today that are delinquents, never grown up.

I know for sure, if I never had a smack or a shoe thrown at me from my parents or canned at school I would be in prison today.

I reckon spitting on a person is one of the lowest things a person can do. 

If you have to ask, you are not the person to do so.

Police prefer mediation but depending on the damage from several hundred THB fine and pay medical cost to jailtime when really serious damage.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I dunno.

This is the problem with some, the seething feeling to enact revenge.

Fortunately there are laws and the poluce to deal with the offender and the revenger when it gets out of control.

Edited by freeworld

We had a Belgium guy on the hash who used to go around spitting at anyone he did not like, don't know if anyone ever took good care of him or not.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I dunno.

It's all about self control and knowing what is good for you in the long run, despite the feeling of inadequacy

of not being the macho man here...

• Like 1

I remember people in the front row of any show with Barry Humphries doing Sir Les Patterson having rain coats and umbrellas. Perhaps the OP should do the same, if he is so concerned.

It's a highly hypothetical scenario.

I would regard it as an assault, especially in these days of HIV. IMO the best course of action would be a complaint to police.

Having said that, I would be very tempted to respond with a quick kick in the balls.

Edited by Lacessit

12 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

We had a Belgium guy on the hash who used to go around spitting at anyone he did not like, don't know if anyone ever took good care of him or not.

Bet it wasn't the PHHH. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, mikebike said:

If you choose to spit on me, you will feel knuckles. Not saying I'm a fighter, or would inflict any punishment whatsoever, I just would not be able to stop myself. I find being spit on incredibly enraging. 

I agree, it would trigger something inside of me. 

I hope I never get spat on. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, freeworld said:

One should calm down and negotiate/talk with the offender

I hope I don't offend anyone but in my opinion anyone that would spit on another person has mental health issues. 

I haven't got the skill set to negotiate with a madman 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

We had a Belgium guy on the hash who used to go around spitting at anyone he did not like

Bloody disgusting. 

Sadly, mental health issues are too common now. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I hope I don't offend anyone but in my opinion anyone that spit on another person has mental health issues. 

I agree spitting on someone is quite offensive but there are alternatives to deal with it.

Not spitting but one time in CW when I was making a 90 day report they have that market in the big open area. I was perusing one of the stalls and suddenly someone was pushing and prodding me with their hands and fingers. I was immediately angry but when looked up saw he was a person with disadvantages. I smiled,  he smiled back and then I walked off without incident.