Mentally ill novice forced to quit monkhood after masturbating in bus and police station

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The novice talked to the police in tears saying he felt desperate because no one loved him, adding that masturbation was his only pleasure in life.

I understand his plight, but there is a time and a place.

Masturbation is mentally ill?? Or why is it possible that a mental ill person can be a monk?? Monks should give their life to meditation and prayers and mentally ill doesn't fit the requirements to be a monk IMO

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

There is a time and a place for all things...maybe...

Mental illness is no joke.

Obviously, some people have their wires crossed.

And, it's sad to see.

(Personally, I would not want to see it, however.)

Well, AFAIC, this guy, being a monk, is just fine, masturbating is healthy, as far as one washes his/her hands, before and after. When I was 10 they didn't tell me and I got a UTI.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Well, AFAIC, this guy, being a monk, is just fine, masturbating is healthy, as far as one washes his/her hands, before and after. When I was 10 they didn't tell me and I got a UTI.

Were you able to cure it, eventually?

Or, was it one of those drug-resistant strains of bacteria?

Also, PLEASE keep in mind that you should always wash your hands thoroughly after handling chickens, chicken gizzards, and chicken parts in the kitchen, or out on the farm.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Were you able to cure it, eventually?

What? The UTI was a very simple case, dad laughing all the way to the doctor. The masturbation ceased almost completely a few years later once I got my hands under a few miniskirts.  Weren't we real men? No diluted sexual identity then.

5 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Sounds like he passed the entry requirements.

A young hot blooded male, becomes a monk, denying him all natural access to women and his sexuality. Completely abnormal. Most monks I see are decrepit old buggers 60/70 +

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

A young hot blooded male, becomes a monk, denying him all natural access to women and his sexuality. Completely abnormal. Most monks I see are decrepit old buggers 60/70 +

Hmmmhhh  being a decrepit old 71 old bugger, I still worship regularly the Nana Plaza virgins. There is no age...

22 minutes ago, McTavish said:

Typical Thaiger trash news. 

AN should rise above copying from social media clickbait.

I agree with you concerning that site, and also the guy who started the nonsense.

Just my opinion, and I mean no harm, but only to elucidate others concerning what I think I know to be true.

See the monks smoking in broad daylight outside the temples in Talad Plu.  And that area is now a tourist hotspot so that is the first thing we see.  Absolutely disgusting.  Seen it on more than one occasion.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

I gave up 25 years ago looking for  virgins in Thailand.:smile:

and let me guess.... you've been in Thailand 25 years... gave up on the first night?

18 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Masturbation is mentally ill?? Or why is it possible that a mental ill person can be a monk?? Monks should give their life to meditation and prayers and mentally ill doesn't fit the requirements to be a monk IMO

It's obviously fine but not on a bus in front of other people! Then it becomes mentally ill behavior.

• Thumbs Up 1

Today, I began wondering if the Novice's affliction might have been caused by excessive chanting.

In fact, chanting or listening to chanting, excessively, and too loudly, can have very negative consequences, in my personal opinion only, maybe.

Therefore, I can see what might have happened.

Somehow, his passion for repetitious and excessive chanting became channeled into a different repetitious and boring behavior.

This seems quite logical if you know about Behavioral Psychology.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 4:34 PM, Ben Zioner said:

Masturbation may be entirely healthy but when somebody can't help doing it on a bus in front of adults and kids that's a sure sign they have a screw loose and need some form of mental treatment.

9 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

sure sign they have a screw loose and need some form of mental treatment.

Read my post, where a said he was a monk. No need to state the obvious again.