Thailand moves to ban recreational cannabis use, 18 months after historic decriminalization

webfact

4 minutes ago, leeedwards said:

What a very sad man you must be, finding others' misfortunes so amusing. I'm not one for superstitious or religious hocus pocus,but let's hope your life doesn't go down the pan for all to find amusing. Seriously,  what is wrong with some people. We're above the other mammals because of our empathy and sympathy,  yet clearly some or not.

Who was you talking to ?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The relaxed laws saw a lucrative cannabis industry catering to locals and foreigners alike boom across the Southeast Asian nation, but a new conservative coalition government came to power late last year vowing to tighten the rules and only allow medical use.

Huh?

It's basically the same bloody government that relaxed the laws last year that want to tighten them this year.

Sheesh...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

echoing Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin’s pledge in September that his new government will “rectify” laws on cannabis within the next six months.

Plenty of time to stock up then.

Just now, NanLaew said:

Huh?

It's basically the same bloody government that relaxed the laws last year that want to tighten them this year.

Sheesh...

sheesh it was another government

sheesh

maybe you smoked too much in order to know it

sheesh

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, stoner said:

BP updated on this yesterday. the headline in the BP says....draft bill on cannabis not finished says cholnan. what was forwarded was the health ministries views on the subject. 

then he goes on to state it is his firm belief that cannabis should be used strictly as medical. HIS VIEWS is the key phrase here. 

a khao san road business rep went on to say that it possibly generates 20 to 30 mb alone for khao san road per month. multiply that throughout the countries tourist areas and you have a large sum of money.

VERY large. 

Yeah I’ve been buying it for years and every single one of my shop sources who know because these changes always seem to go into effect suddenly before announced say that basically nothing is going to change fundamentally as is now except for age restrictions and potentially health certificate requirement worst case scenario. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Mind you, prostitution is illegal too!

They might as well leave it ( the cannabis business ) alone. Two out of the three shops/kiosks which I  noticed had opened in the " nightlife" area of Chiang Rai have closed down. The farang enthusiasts will no doubt continue to get it from their previous suppliers, and the local potheads will continue to pop up to the mountain villages to get their supplies.

And you will continue your Alcoholism 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, adrin said:

sheesh it was another government

sheesh

maybe you smoked too much in order to know it

sheesh

Smoke this...

Anutin Charnvirakul of the pro-marijuana Bumjaithai Party. Health Minister in the last government and now Interior Minister in this photocopy of a government.

And get back to me.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, peter48 said:

Interestingly, America in many progressive cities are handling it. Compared to many other serious drugs its a lot better I guess. Compared to the pub culture in rough less prosperous areas  like UK of heavy weekend  drinking & need for much security & extra  policing it seems this soft drug presents far less problems if any. 

My mate in the UK advises that cocaine is the overwhelming recreational drug of choice for the weekend escapists. And he's living in a "rough" end of the northwest too.

BP updated on this yesterday. the headline in the BP says....draft bill on cannabis not finished says cholnan. what was forwarded was the health ministries views on the subject. 

then he goes on to state it is his firm belief that cannabis should be used strictly as medical. HIS VIEWS is the key phrase here. 

a khao san road business rep went on to say that it possibly generates 20 to 30 mb alone for khao san road per month. multiply that throughout the countries tourist areas and you have a large sum of money.

VERY large. 

Think of the pocket money to be made administering the new laws at the street level, this could make for less time policing the traffic.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

friend said last night it is only thai citizens who can smoke it anywhere

I got chewed out by a homeless hippie chick in San Francisco walking down the street carrying a blanket when I sparked one up in honor of Jack Kerouac near the bookstore where the pre-hippy beat generation started..

"We don't do that here." 

And it was true.  You didn't see much public smoking in San Francisco.  Mostly in the park, at concerts at the beach and I would imagine vaping in nightclubs is probably common.

People just don't like the smell of the "dank".

Weed went from smelling like burning grass pile in the 60'-70s to Dead Skunk in the 80s then to Funk in the 90s with OG Kush.

Now the weed scene is chasing flavors like cake, ice cream, blueberry muffin with Instantagram worthy buds.

If you want to smoke the best these days ask for Cookies, Runtz, Sherbert or Gelato.  All of those taste like various forms of gases and terpy desserts.

Y'all can keep that moldy brick weed, thank you very much.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Sad old dinosaurs can baulk all they want; weed made legal was a boon for Thailand, a real move forward. This illegal gov reneging on that puts it firmly back into old tyrant dinosaur territory. 

"Illegal government" is easily the most important issue!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Was that because it was easier to bend over ?

Thats right, makes me more flexible.

Obviously you are a natural at 'bending over' and dont need the assistance.

• Haha 1

depends on the person right. for example. i have a hard time with the lk metro soi bukhao area of pattaya. it stinks like piss beer and spunk all over the place. 

rather revolting but i bite my tongue as i walk into a stinky weed shop. 

Anyone else think “stoner” might have a vested interest here? 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1