What do your neighbors do?

2 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

The one on the right side is a smack head.  So he mostly docile.  He sits around in the side alley.  He then sits in the road over the drain and smokes.  Around about 5pm I water the garden and he comes out, walks in the road and stares directly at me for around twenty minutes.  He occasionally has creaming fits at his wife.  I never see the other side.

Creaming fit..... Lucky guy! 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, simon43 said:

On one side are a family who raise chickens and ducks

On t'other side is a family who raise chickens and ducks

The chickens and ducks spend their leisure time in my garden in the middle!

Happily, I have no problems with these birds - the roosters are an alarm clock for me. I'd rather have noisy birds than noisy neighbours :)

Where are you nowadays?

46 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Where are you nowadays?

Luang Prabang, north Laos (because the military chaps wouldn't let me back into Myanmar last year after a weekend trip to Bangkok!)

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

On one side are a family who raise chickens and ducks

On t'other side is a family who raise chickens and ducks

The chickens and ducks spend their leisure time in my garden in the middle!

Happily, I have no problems with these birds - the roosters are an alarm clock for me. I'd rather have noisy birds than noisy neighbours :)

You like being woken up at 2 am? Let me guess - you have BPH.

• Sad 2

Eleven houses all built 2016-18, none have changed hands all in original ownership. Ours was #9, completed April 2018.

Three are 'absentee' owners from Bangkok, who use their houses as holiday homes, investment maybe, they're a mystery to us.

We're one of just two on the left side, ours a corner section adjoining a vacant block which is our jungle, left it wild, trees and a pond, squirrels, water birds and rumour of a water monitor I've never seen.

Furthest house has three kids under 12 otherwise ours the only younger ones; a single school teacher, a couple who work at the tessaban, others retired. 

Quiet, no through traffic, sited 300m back from the road. Two cats, two dogs one of whom has the ability to bark. 

We'd lived in the area since 2011 at two locations, had a good vision of where, and how, we wanted to live, smallish house that will be easy to lock and leave when we want to travel though at present that's ok with daughters old enough.

All good neighbours, respectful, and friendly. Previous place (rented) was just as good, last house of seven in a short no-exit we tried to buy but not for sale. 2013 we'd bought and developed a section about 8km away but regretted the location and re-sold as bare land, too remote and on the wrong side of Sukhumvit Rd 

These things take time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Only one neighbour at my condo.

Female. Works a corporate job (I think). Flushes the toilet 4/5 times when she goes, and she goes a lot.

Yes, I hear her going to the toilet in my Land & Houses condo.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Isaan, we are community of about 15 houses. Nobody is employed here, they are all farmers. They basically wake up at 4am and are constantly riding somewhere, chasing water buffalos, feeding cows and farming till 7pm, when they go to sleep. Very friendly people and ready to talk or help at any time. Especially grandpa next door who constantly gives us corn, isaan sweets and telling us to go take fruits out of his trees.

Only one who stands out is this old guy with Alzheimer, who since 8am walks in circles around our houses, passing our house in 5 minutes intervals till 8pm. You can he see that he is totally out of it, he doesn't recognize where he is, he doesn't talk and you can see in his eyes that there's nobody inside. But if you change something slightly, like order pile of sand or put a box infront of the house he will stop and stares at it for couple of minutes completely confused. And then he goes back to walking circles. He is very quiet so he sometimes gives you a good scare, like you're fixing motorcycle on the road and you can feel like somebody is breathing next to your ear. You look back and he is bend over you watching you work. What is even more scary, sometimes he does his walks at 2am. And run into him quietly in the darkness with his empty eyes is horror movie material.

Poor guy, one of those things you can get when older

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

To the left I have a very quiet man living with his mum. I'm not sure what he does but his brother owns a 7-eleven. In front we have a loan shark who is nice (we have no problems and occasionally have a drink together, give each other food etc). Behind we have a family of locusts. They just like to take over any space possible, make a complete mess, smell, and noise, and we often have to call the police as they try to 'own' the end of the street. They have 2 pick up trucks, a Jazz, an mg-ZS, and old corolla and about 4 bikes. All in a small house at the end of a soi. Three different families with two or three generations of each living in a 3 bed house. They sell grilled chicken and pork balls. There's very few people I wish bad things to, but I'm waiting for these to get wiped out in an accident. Naturally, the men are generally drunk, so it's only a matter of time. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 6:02 PM, Lacessit said:

You like being woken up at 2 am? Let me guess - you have BPH.

The roosters are very considerate and don't start crowing until 5.30am :) Prior to that hour I try not to wake them when my BPH has me 'going...'