Pot industry pushes back against draft law that would put an end to Thailand’s cannabis revolution

webfact

1 minute ago, stoner said:

quite generalizing. it's a little more complicated than that. i am sure you are well aware. 

No, it really is that simple.

And that is before we look at the problems it generates in the judiciary.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Denim said:

Same as alcohol abuse then. So they really need to allow only alcohol free beer and wine etc. Pretty urgently I would say from my personal observations of alcohol abuse.

Think of the number of people and businesses that would be out of work if that were the case. I would not have been out and about chucking money around for the first 15 years in Thailand! That said, in old age, I might welcome a few places that did not serve alcohol, yet had the 'other' entertainment. Currently I cannot trust myself.... it would be 'just the one'... and on to Nirvana!

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Denim said:

Same as alcohol abuse then. So they really need to allow only alcohol free beer and wine etc. Pretty urgently I would say from my personal observations of alcohol abuse.

That's the "enough to deal with" included in my first post on this thread, adding to it is the wrong direction

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Denim said:

Disagree entirely.  They are both drugs that effect the behavior of the taker. One is widely accepted and is behind a lot of mayhem and deaths the other is frowned on and is not known for causing aggressive behavior.

You can't cherry pick with drugs and just ok the ones you like and are familier with. If there is going to be an argument that cannabis is undesireable for whatever reason then those same reasons should be applied to all drugs without bias.

Personnaly , if there is one aspect of the cannabis legalization that I find tiresome it is the ' in your face ' advertising.  If it is illegal to have alcohol or cigarette advertising the same should apply to cannabis. That would mean no more shops with daft fronts that have become a bit of an eyesore in tourist areas.

Without debating the benefits of each, I won't disagree with you, but this thread is about cannabis and not alcohol.

Whataboutism is not relevant here.

• Confused 5
  • Haha 2

The charade of medical use. Bloody medical establishment want to rule the world and have their cut in everything. Cannabis has always been about getting high. Same in the US. If all you want to legalise is CBD then you're not legalising anything. And if you want to criminalise "non-medical use" then you're (re)criminalising cannabis, period.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gknrd said:

And 2030, to increase the tourist numbers  current Thai government has legalized opium. Spurring and increase of tourists in the "Golden Triangle"  TAT says a win win for Thailand.

No, not opium that's old fashioned but Cocaine!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1