Trump wins Iowa caucuses, cementing frontrunner status in 2024 race

webfact

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I like that description. Seems eminently suitable.

Have any of the GOP candidates been pointing out that the VP is likely to be president at some stage in the 4 year term, and that she completely failed on the southern border. If she can't sort that, how can she be expected to sort the world?

I disagree whole conservatively!

She was a success at the border. The open borders proponents got all they wished for, beyond their wildest dreams imop .She was the appointed border czar. She did exactly nothing!

https://nypost.com/2022/05/23/vp-kamala-harris-has-abandoned-border-czar-role/

2 hours ago, stoner said:

the poster made a claim that people are leaving and changing their mind ? you asked for proof to back the claim up. the poster did.

now you are going on about time and election ? good deflection.

Thanks for noticing. Much appreciated.

Whats your response to last nights

election results, got one?

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

Thanks for noticing. Much appreciated.

Whats your response to last nights

election results, got one?

my personal opinion.

trump is no more fit for office than biden. i care not for the tit for tat about who is better or who is worse. comments to follow. if i was an american voter i would be embarrassed that either of those choices was put forth to me as a citizen. 

the world we live in now is vastly different than the world most of these dinosaurs live in. i know that will offend some. so it has me rather put off by all of them. generally taxes go up services are cut and i am told life is getting better all the time. with so many bigger issues facing all of us in today's world i frown at the divide all of this has caused on society. people are so polar against each other now. sides are generalized. slang and degrading divides rule the day now. was going to start a thread and call it the bi polar society. everything now is so absolute. 

politics is a game rich people play to keep everyone else busy and distracted. united we fall divided we stand :)

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, stoner said:

my personal opinion.

trump is no more fit for office than biden. i care not for the tit for tat about who is better or who is worse. comments to follow. if i was an american voter i would be embarrassed that either of those choices was put forth to me as a citizen. 

the world we live in now is vastly different than the world most of these dinosaurs live in. i know that will offend some. so it has me rather put off by all of them. generally taxes go up services are cut and i am told life is getting better all the time. with so many bigger issues facing all of us in today's world i frown at the divide all of this has caused on society. people are so polar against each other now. sides are generalized. slang and degrading divides rule the day now. was going to start a thread and call it the bi polar society. everything now is so absolute. 

politics is a game rich people play to keep everyone else busy and distracted. united we fall divided we stand :)

All of which was created by Trump. 
You equate both side as equally responsible when all of it came about with Trump. Never has America or indeed the world been so divided. 
Yes the downtrodden will always come off second best but the polarisation of America now is wholeheartedly down to Trump. 
He may have optimised the difference but that in itself is why sane politics have to prevail. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

We've got to accept, whether we like it or not, Trump is going to win that election in November, later this year. He is.

It's impossible to know at this point.

The hard core republican base isn't the nation.

Of that base, he got about 50 percent.

Biden who admitedly has weaknesses (mostly his age) definitely has more than 50 percent of the hard core democratic base.

That's all that PRIMARIES are about. Nothing like general elections at all. 

It's true most democrats want a younger candidate but no candidate of substance has challenged Biden and when push comes to shove the base will be with him in the general and so will many independents.

Independents are the key and so of course is turnout of ALL factions.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Makes you wonder where Trump stands regarding Israel and the Palestinians. 

No doubt unconditional support for Israel, and considerably less support for the Palestinian cause. And I think that pretty much applies across the board to any nation that's populated with people of color. 

That is just who Trump is. 

9 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually I was thinking of DeSantis, Haley, and Ramaswamy. 

Biden was a nobody as a Senator.  A rusty weather vane who took no chances and was very careful to never make any hard decisions. As a younger man, he was glib and friendly, which took him a long way in the 80s and 90s as he served longer and longer.  He did nothing in the private sector but instead bellied up to the government trough as fast as he could after stumbling out of Law School. Getting picked as VP was supposed to be his "gold watch", after which he was ticketed to fade away into obscurity. Tragically, it didn't work out that way.

Wrong. Just one of his many accomplishments as a senator. 

As Judiciary Committee chairman, Biden was a leading advocate for massive tough-on-crime legislation such as the 1994 federal crime bill that stiffened sentences, widened application of the death penalty, added police officers to the streets, and provided funding for new prisons. Crime in America had tripled between 1960 and 1990, inflamed by a crack-cocaine epidemic in the 1980s. Working with police groups, Biden wrote the Senate version of the bill, which he used to proudly call the Biden Crime Bill.

During 36 years in the Senate, Biden served in leading roles on both the Judiciary Committee and the Foreign Relations Committee. He was chairman or ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee for 17 years. He chaired the confirmation hearings of five justices, the most contentious being the hearings over the nominations of Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Emdog said:

I'm going to USA in a couple of months: anyone have suggestions as to where I might move all my money to that might weather the least damage if Trump becomes president.

They say "people get the governments they deserve"... but Trump? I think we've done a bit less genocide than the Nazis (at least in the last 50 years)... so how do we wind up with the most execrable wanna be human (maybe...)

another plonker who suffers from trump derangement syndrome....

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

All of which was created by Trump. 
You equate both side as equally responsible when all of it came about with Trump. Never has America or indeed the world been so divided. 
Yes the downtrodden will always come off second best but the polarisation of America now is wholeheartedly down to Trump. 
He may have optimised the difference but that in itself is why sane politics have to prevail. 

Exactly the kind of comment I expected. Keep blaming trump for all that is wrong. Good grief how strange. Tds will never die. 

Edited by stoner
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Fair enough! Im a citizen ,I like the USA Flag and the guy who’s always 

hugging it thats running for POTUS again. Call me nostalgic & sentimental.

Something that perplexes me perhaps you can explain.you are aware of trump insulting pows ie John McCain a carrier qualified pilot getting his ass beat every day in the Hanoi Hilton as poor Donnie nurseing his bone spurs ridding daddy’s limo to the disco as he runs his mouth.oh and did you know senator McCains dad run the Catius Air Force during the early Guadalcanal campaign he finished the war running a carrier task force he died 2 weeks after wars end due to overwork.fred trump Donnie’s daddy made his money bilking the government by building housing for the factory workers.so perhaps you can explain how you could wax nostalgic and sentimental about such people it’s really puzzling to me and lots of others that have spent 5 minutes looking into the history of both families.sorry but I just don’t (get it)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CharlieKo said:

Lets forget about the Russia Russia hoax the Democrats perpetrated!

There was no Russia hoax.

What makes you think there was? How many felony convictions would convince you there was cooperation with the Russians?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, stoner said:

Exactly the kind of comment I expected. Keep blaming trump for all that is wrong. Good grief how strange. Tds will never die. 

I don't blame Trump for very everything wrong. There are just 91 crimes he committed.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

We've got to accept, whether we like it or not, Trump is going to win that election in November, later this year. He is.

Has Trump ever won more than 50% of the vote in a general election? What's going to change in 2024?

5 hours ago, quake said:

Nice one, Sir Donald.

His flying back to power soon.

supper trump.JPG

The cult needs de-programming.

Maybe you like your boys with giant bubble butts, but that fantasy image you posted is as far from reality as can be.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Nothing new either. According to him, he already won the 2020 election! 😁

2 hours ago, honcho said:

another plonker who suffers from trump derangement syndrome....

Another Birth Lottery loser who thinks trump can make his life something other than abject mediocrity and failure.

His cult consists of Incels, fascists, racists misogynists, poorly educated, QAnon, and the average, garden variety loser.

Some of us tend to forget that there is a left of the mean on the IQ Bell Curve, because we've been lucky enough to live our lives among people with brains, successful people, etc.

trump's trick is he gives losers false hope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Has Trump ever won more than 50% of the vote in a general election? What's going to change in 2024?

I predict trump will be dead by November.

He is going to lose a majority of his assets when Judge Engoron assesses his fraud penalty and be laid bare as the corrupt loser he is. He is likely to lose the Georgia case, which carries a mandatory 5 year sentence that even the governor of Georgia cannot issue a pardon. If the FL judge is recused and the stolen documents case comes to trial, trump is looking at a long sentence in Leavenworth.  Jan 6 is frosting on the cake.

Combined with his miserable diet and his woefully out of shape body---plus a genetic predisposition toward Alzheimers and mental illness (his mother was committed several times in an asylum)---I think his mind and body will give out by November.

Of course his goobers will claim "Deep State" did it.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Another Birth Lottery loser who thinks trump can make his life something other than abject mediocrity and failure.

His cult consists of Incels, fascists, racists misogynists, poorly educated, QAnon, and the average, garden variety loser.

Some of us tend to forget that there is a left of the mean on the IQ Bell Curve, because we've been lucky enough to live our lives among people with brains, successful people, etc.

trump's trick is he gives losers false hope.

4 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

He is going to lose a majority of his assets when Judge Engoron assesses his fraud penalty and be laid bare as the corrupt loser he is. He is likely to lose the Georgia case, which carries a mandatory 5 year sentence that even the governor of Georgia cannot issue a pardon. If the FL judge is recused and the stolen documents case comes to trial, trump is looking at a long sentence in Leavenworth.  Jan 6 is frosting on the cake.

Combined with his miserable diet and his woefully out of shape body---plus a genetic predisposition toward Alzheimers and mental illness (his mother was committed several times in an asylum)---I think his mind and body will give out by November.

giphy1.gif.79f36e5b866bdc1c3eeed8924dd9dd96.gif

Edited by lexxy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I can't comment on Trump's health, but it is possible that he will be a convicted felon by November.  Even so, his base won't care.

• Agree 1