Misunderstanding over actual size of lithium deposits found in Thailand

webfact

47 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Now winter has set-in thousands of EV's are breaking down due to cold winter temperatures.

Lots of electrical issues, cars that won't even start, and mileages that are well below predictions due to batteries fading out in the low temps.

This is interesting.

Please can you post your link.

As far as I am aware, lithium batteries are not bothered by lower temperatures and are well behaved down to +10°C.

Below that temperature they will become sluggish and will not perform so powerfully.

However they do warm up in use. So much So in fact that efforts to stop them getting too hot have to be included in the design of packs.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, BritScot said:

I have a heat pump and believe me they are rubbish and i hate it but love my house.  If you live in a country with tempretures less than 7° forget it. I'm paying £120 a week for electric during winter and when below 1° the tempreture can't get above 19° in my house (I know this because i have a smart meter and a thamometer next to my chair). My house is only 11 years old so we'll insulated.  Plus, last year I had no heating for 3 months due to unskilled engineers and lack of parts available (it was a cold Christmas) lucky I have alternative heating like oil radiators,  paraffin heater and calor gas.  I live in Scotland.  Run a mile from heatpumps.....

Thanks for this very useful feedback. I've been dithering on whether to go for an oil boiler or the heat pump.

Its got to be new oil boiler

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eisfeld said:

So the real amount is about 0.3% of the amount of the deposits that Bolivia is producing from and not even enough to cover the need for EV batteries for cars in Thailand itself. Again a "misunderstanding", why do these happen so frequently?

😃😃💰💰😃😃

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, eisfeld said:

So the real amount is about 0.3% of the amount of the deposits that Bolivia is producing from and not even enough to cover the need for EV batteries for cars in Thailand itself. Again a "misunderstanding", why do these happen so frequently?

Thailand the land of Misunderstanding :whistling: