Kamala Harris Takes Center Stage as Advocate for Abortion Rights Ahead of 2024 Elections

Social Media

On 1/24/2024 at 1:10 AM, placeholder said:

And when I think of how many fathers have died during childbirth and from complications of pregnancy, it just makes me so mad that they don't get the final say.

If a father has no say about their kids, child support should be a thing of the past.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/25/2024 at 5:09 AM, thaicurious said:

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/03/1109015302/abortion-prosecuting-pregnancy-loss

"Losing a pregnancy could land you in jail in post-Roe America ...

Chelsea Becker spent 16 months in a California jail awaiting a murder trial after her pregnancy ended in a stillbirth ...

Prosecuting pregnancy loss has been a quiet, but upward trend across the nation...

Twenty percent of pregnancies in the U.S. end in a loss, according to Kliman, who has worked as an expert witness with NAPW on several cases. He says over 90% of these losses are caused by genetic abnormalities, which are often undiagnosed..." (bolding mine)

and of those 20% how many end up in prosecutions? Not many, I bet.

Luckily, American people don't have to live in states run by nutters, and they have freedom to move to a different state.

On 1/24/2024 at 11:46 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO if Americans put as much effort into preventing pregnancy as they do into abortion, likely there would be little need for abortions at all.

Is that a rationale to make abortion illegal?

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and of those 20% how many end up in prosecutions? Not many, I bet.

Luckily, American people don't have to live in states run by nutters, and they have freedom to move to a different state.

Really? A single mom with three kids living rural in Louisiana can just up and move interstate if she gets pregnant?

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Really? A single mom with three kids living rural in Louisiana can just up and move interstate if she gets pregnant?

I thought they were regarded as white trash. Why do libs care?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kamala Harris, AKA Giggles :  classic example when Affirmative Action overrides qualifications and ability.

The first “Black, Indian, Indian background woman” ever appointed V.P.  Joe Biden.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Is it just coincidence that that photo only shows the "president" part of the sign, or wishful thinking? :-)

Just when you think it can’t get worse than Joe Biden as President.  I stand corrected.  It could be much worse if she has to assume the office.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Perhaps a single mom with three kids should have invested in contraception before lying back and thinking of the USA, OR, if she couldn't afford contraception just said NO.

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

Just when you think it can’t get worse than Joe Biden as President.  I stand corrected.  It could be much worse if she has to assume the office.

I've been saying that since Biden imagined he was a good choice for the next president.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If Biden wins she will be the next POTUS. No doubt. No way Biden can go on that long. 

I just hope she keeps funding Israel's military defense against Palestinian terrorists with as much of American taxpayers cash as Biden has. Keep spending Joe!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

If Biden wins she will be the next POTUS. No doubt. No way Biden can go on that long. 

I just hope she keeps funding Israel's military defense against Palestinian terrorists with as much of American taxpayers cash as Biden has. Keep spending Joe!

There is plenty of doubt.

Also Trump though a tad bit younger than Biden is much less healthy than Biden.

I'd say more likely than not, Biden would make it through his first term.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've been saying that since Biden imagined he was a good choice for the next president.

That's a really long time considering Biden had been running for president for most of his adult life.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps a single mom with three kids should have invested in contraception before lying back and thinking of the USA, OR, if she couldn't afford contraception just said NO.

The empathy is bursting off the screen. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There is plenty of doubt.

Also Trump though a tad bit younger than Biden is much less healthy than Biden.

I'd say more likely than not, Biden would make it through his first term.

Trump is far more healthy. Biden can barely walk.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2024 at 9:03 AM, sirineou said:

So you only want goverment to meddle in the issues you are interested in, in all others they need to stay away from? 

I am not going to argues abortion rights with you, the subject has been done to death , 

No one is for abortion!! We are for choice with in pre-described limits. 

What limits?

2 hours ago, uttradit said:

And you believe that BS because you've seen a TV personality stage a 30 second clip of his orange self breakdancing?

spacer.png

Wow, look at those moves! Check out that range of motion. That dazzling footwork! And that was three years ago when he was a spry 75 year old.

Wow, look at that plant go!

spacer.png

Here's your little problem with your made up made for TV statement. The absolute fact is that Biden kept himself way healthier (eating properly to maintain a good weight, exercising--not just BS golf) than Trump did their entire lives and that is scientifically known to give a person what is medically called a "reserve capacity" of health going into one's elder years. That doesn't mean Biden (or Trump) won't have other problems, but it does mean that the odds of maintaining good health from here on out are way worse for Trump.

Anecdotally, my brother's motto was always "I'll eat anything that's lived". While I lived as a vegetarian who swam a mile a day for most of my life, biked 20 miles road, 10 miles trail a few times a week, walked about 5 miles a day, gym, etc. So today in my 60s, though I have arthritis that was always beyond my control so I've the joints of a 90 year old and am losing range of motion, I've also got a zero coronary calcium score and the arteries of a 40 year old. My brother? not so much, clogged arteries, stents, heart attack, strokes, already in dementia. Yikes!

But you go ahead and keep thinking this was living more healthy

spacer.png

YIKES!

Edited by thaicurious
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/birth-control-ban-alliance-defending-freedom-rcna119675

The right’s war on birth control is already starting

A new conservative incrementalism wants to erode access to birth control and lay the groundwork for a future ban.

...a conservative Christian litigation group with a string of Supreme Court wins and a $104 million dollar budget in 2022. Alan Sears, a long-term leader of the group, told the New Yorker of his hopes that one day, Americans would “say the birth control pill is a mistake.”

6 hours ago, uttradit said:

It's not a question of Biden "making it through" another 4 years, but if he'd be mentally capable of leading the country. From his current appearances I doubt it.

If Biden wins for sure IMO we will see president Harris. Then we are all screwed.

I don't think I've seen any poster on here support Harris as a potential POTUS. Seems she is universally disliked.

4 hours ago, thaicurious said:

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/birth-control-ban-alliance-defending-freedom-rcna119675

The right’s war on birth control is already starting

A new conservative incrementalism wants to erode access to birth control and lay the groundwork for a future ban.

...a conservative Christian litigation group with a string of Supreme Court wins and a $104 million dollar budget in 2022. Alan Sears, a long-term leader of the group, told the New Yorker of his hopes that one day, Americans would “say the birth control pill is a mistake.”

Nutters wet dreams are highly unlikely to amend the constitution.

Of course I have underestimated humanity's proclivity for shooting itself in the foot before, so I won't say never.

6 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

What limits?

I don't want to get into a debate as to what is reasonable . The subject has been debated to death. 

Reasonable is a subjective term , so let's keep faith out of this, since faith by definition requires the suspension of reason. And let's keep politics out of it (is it possible?) since I hope we can all agree , politicians serve only one master, and regardless of what they might say  and it is neither you or the good of the country. 

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

if Biden wins for sure IMO we will see president Harris. Then we are all screwed.

First of all what is it that makes you sure bident dont have four years to live,  

and second, why would we be screwed is Harris becomes president? 

9 minutes ago, sirineou said:

First of all what is it that makes you sure bident dont have four years to live,  

and second, why would we be screwed is Harris becomes president? 

Have you watched Biden any time recently? Doesn't seem like it or you are wearing the wrong glasses. I never said he'd die. Don't have to die to resign.

How can anyone think Harris would make a good POTUS? She was a complete and utter failure when she was given the southern border- proof- it's worse now than before she was put in charge of it.

If she can't fix that then she is probably useless at everything. She got nowhere in the primaries so even Dems don't want her.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Have you watched Biden any time recently?

Have you been watching the guy you support?

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How can anyone think Harris would make a good POTUS?

Very easy,

She is a capable, smart, sophisticated , successful, and well educated lady,  

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She was a complete and utter failure when she was given the southern border- proof- it's worse now than before she was put in charge of it.

By what metrix?  But even if that's true, the same was true with your guy , and you have no trouble supporting him. 

will give you the best possible for your side source, there are others les conservative with a much more worst picture of trump's performance in the issue, but I like you so. 

According to the very conservative Cato institute, :

"Although Trump succeeded in cutting legal immigration more than he initially planned, he oversaw the collapse of interior immigration enforcement. In 2020, the removal of illegal immigrants from the interior of the United States was the lowest as an absolute number and as a share of the illegal immigration population since ICE was created in 2003  "

CUTTING LEGAL IMMIGRATION ! !!!  .The world is having a serious problem with population growth, cause demographic and economic difficulties . Do you know why the US does not have this problem? 

LEGAL IMMIGRATION!!!

So your stable genius .:cheesy:.......you fill in the rest i cant stop laughing. . 

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If she can't fix that then she is probably useless at everything

does that also apply to your "Stable genius ?

13 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Have you been watching the guy you support?

Very easy,

She is a capable, smart, sophisticated , successful, and well educated lady,  

By what metrix?  But even if that's true, the same was true with your guy , and you have no trouble supporting him. 

will give you the best possible for your side source, there are others les conservative with a much more worst picture of trump's performance in the issue, but I like you so. 

According to the very conservative Cato institute, :

"Although Trump succeeded in cutting legal immigration more than he initially planned, he oversaw the collapse of interior immigration enforcement. In 2020, the removal of illegal immigrants from the interior of the United States was the lowest as an absolute number and as a share of the illegal immigration population since ICE was created in 2003  "

CUTTING LEGAL IMMIGRATION ! !!!  .The world is having a serious problem with population growth, cause demographic and economic difficulties . Do you know why the US does not have this problem? 

LEGAL IMMIGRATION!!!

So your stable genius .:cheesy:.......you fill in the rest i cant stop laughing. . 

does that also apply to your "Stable genius ?

So you like Harris, all credibility lost.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's not a question of Biden "making it through" another 4 years, but if he'd be mentally capable of leading the country. From his current appearances I doubt it.

If Biden wins for sure IMO we will see president Harris. Then we are all screwed.

I don't think I've seen any poster on here support Harris as a potential POTUS. Seems she is universally disliked.

Biden now slurs some words. His dementia is very bad. Yes he would likely resign 2 years in. Amazing any sane person wants to vote for him.

6 minutes ago, uttradit said:

So you like Harris, all credibility lost.

Sorry to disappoint you sir,

I guess I have to now go and commit ritual suicide. 

Edited by sirineou
typo