Federal Jury Orders Donald Trump to Pay $83.3 Million in Defamation Case

Social Media

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If it's so little to y, why does Trump routinely make a habit of stiffing people he owes far lower sums? Why did he misappropriate funds from a charity to pay for stuff that cosot what should be piddling amounts to him?

He did most of that when he was a brain washed democrap... 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump isn't declaring bankruptcy due to breaking a law. He is going down because he doesn't have enough money to pay his debts.

And now you’re his accountant?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Hint: Where there is smoke, there is fire. Her lawyers will start seizing assets if he does not pay up.

Can a bankrupt run for President?

Hint:  lawyers don’t have the authority to seize assets.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Bankruptcy: completely legal.

That may be, but if by doing so you stiff (tens of) thousands of small contractors out of millions of dollars, it becomes morally quite iffy in my books. Just because something is legal doesn’t mean it’s morally okay. Billionaires hire the best accountants to hide their money so they pay hardly any or even no taxes at all. Perfectly legal, but morally/ethically completely reprehensible.

Who would I recommend as his lawyer? How would I know, I’m no expert. But Trump now hires the kind of lawyers who forget to check the ‘jury trial’ box (after which he kept whining that he was denied a jury trial), or who get bench-slapped by a judge 14 times in a single day because she doesn’t have a clue how to conduct herself in a courtroom (https://www.businessinsider.com/e-jean-carroll-judge-bench-slaps-trump-attorney-alina-habba-2024-1). So I’m quite sure there are much better lawyers out there.

And as for which lawyer was stiffed: maybe you should ask Rudi Giuliani. This also makes for some interesting reading, by the way, regarding the way Trump ‘does business’:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

The majority of your post has nothing to do with this thread.

Morally iffy?  Pot calling the kettle black.

80 yo on last ditch effort to get rich quick using OPM and can’t remember details of the alleged rape.

“Perfectly legal, but morally/ethically completely reprehensible “.  Excellent description of this kangaroo court!

Edited by stats
unsourced claim and derogatory reference removed
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

"Trump is only a rapist because a jury said so" is not a really good defense.

But they followed the law, as the judge admitted, whereas he couldn't just make up law, as he had wished. So it's better than "that judge said so." Moreover, Carroll herself says she wasn't raped.

"My word is not the victim word. I have not – I have not been raped," she continued. "I have – something has not been done to me. I fought. That’s the thing."

--https://news.yahoo.com/e-jean-carrolls-claims-against-160441895.html

So, good 'nuff to blow up that lie.

• Confused 4
  • Agree 1

On 1/27/2024 at 8:07 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

My coffee tastes unusually good this morning.

While I agree anything that puts the brakes on trump-related madness is a good thing, I suspect you would enjoy absolutely anything you can season with virtue signalling and smugness. 

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The word you are looking for is Schadenfreude.

Especially delicious observing a man (I use the term in its loosest sense) getting some payback, given his history of who delighting in humiliating those afflicted by physical disability, refusing to see wounded warriors take part in military marches, denigrating prisoners of wars and generally delighting in cruelty to others.

I’m really looking forward to the next court ruling at the end of this month.

Stay tuned.

Schadenfreude is not the word I was looking for.

I was thinking more along the lines of selbstgefällig. 

edit to add, your post here is about as clear an example of virtue signaling as there could possibly be, and i actually agree with the idea that Trump needs to be held accountable for many, many transgressions.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1