Tucker Carlson Goes to Moscow?

Social Media

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Not being negative and being an over-the-top fan are different. You made the claim, please feel free to back it up. 

China is by far the bigger concern to the US, yet paranoia over Russia sucks the air out of the room. The only reason I can think of is the interference of domestic politics in the US. 

Endorsing only positive stuff and nothing negative about a prominent figure like Putin obviously qualifies Carlson as an over-the-top fan. What kind of evidence would even satisfy the criterion you seek to impose. In fact, your request is ridiculous.

And thanks for another attempt at deflection. And no, I'm not going to get into a discussion comparing the threat from China vs. the threat from Russia. 

Edited by placeholder
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, retarius said:

No I don't hate Tucker. I do read newspapers I do not like, for example Huffpost. They give great insights into the minds of today's 'progressive' people (I can't say left wing because Marx never commented on the rights of transgender people or supported identity politics). I will tell you my sources of publications I ready regularly.....Cradle, All Jazeera, Haaretz, CNN, BBC, Guardian, Independent, Bangkok Post, RT, Sputnik, Ukrainska Pravda, Kiev Independent, ET, NHK, Japan News, US and Thai PBS, Information Clearing house, Global Times, The Hill, Daly Mail, Off Guardian, Grayzone, Palestinian News, X, ZH....and some others. Obviously there is an an anti-establishment bias and I don't read every article, I scan the headlines and pick what I am interested in. My key issues are wars, oppression and politics. 

Thank you for the time to give a clear answer. I see a somewhat scientific and analytical sampling of global media sources. 

Notably you have no source of information from Russia. RT and Sputnik are propaganda organs of Putin's regime. Most countries have army, navy, and air force. Russia has army, navy, air force, and propaganda. It's weaponized and integral with their covert operations, and has been so from long ago.

You need hear Russians to circumvent the propaganda. A top expert on Putin and his oligarchy is a Russian born woman named Julia Ioffe ("Yoh-fee"). She is keenly analytical. She is  not anti-Putin and explains things in ways comprehensible to Western minds. She has many good interviews on Youtube.  Here and here are good staring points for Putin and Ukraine. 

Edited by rabas
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Not being negative and being an over-the-top fan are different. You made the claim, please feel free to back it up. 

China is by far the bigger concern to the US, yet paranoia over Russia sucks the air out of the room. The only reason I can think of is the interference of domestic politics in the US. 

Not the same. China is Americas greatest competitor by far. Putin's Russia is America's and the world's greatest strategic threat. 

Listen to the first 3 minutes. Julia Ioffe on Putin and America.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, rabas said:

Not the same. China is Americas greatest competitor by far. Putin's Russia is America's and the world's greatest strategic threat. 

Listen to the first 3 minutes. Julia Ioffe on Putin and America.

Curious how you differentiate the two- competitor and threat.  To me, China has more ability to project power, as well as a far larger economic base. Russia is land-bound and limited. To me, that makes China the bigger threat.

In Canada now, we are hearing of CHINESE interference in our elections, and meddling with dissidents and others.  Perhaps that is colouring my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

In Canada now, we are hearing of CHINESE interference in our elections, and meddling with dissidents and others.  Perhaps that is colouring my opinion.

Don't watch the Carlson encounter with Brett Weinstein about the Darien gap.  You may lose some sleep.  It's way out there...

1 hour ago, impulse said:

American conservative journalist and political commentator Tucker Carlson has said that his conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin will be aired at 6 pm EST on Thursday. 

https://www.rt.com/russia/592042-tucker-putin-interview-date/

Edit:  “He parrots Vladimir Putin’s pack of lies about Ukraine,” former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told MSNBC.

So he's pissing off the right people.

That's typical maga.

Hatred of domestic partisan opponents much more than enemy states particularly Russia.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Curious how you differentiate the two- competitor and threat.  To me, China has more ability to project power, as well as a far larger economic base. Russia is land-bound and limited. To me, that makes China the bigger threat.

Maybe I'm focused on clear and present danger, one that can't be ignored. China certainly has the capacity to do a lot of damage longer term.  However, China and America have a functional relationship that neither can ignore. Putin's Russia is truly rogue. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Plenty of interviews & speeches with Putin, just not on MSM, or making the evening news in USA & other countries where the media is controlled.   Fear of disrupting the bias one sided spin of evil RU & Putin.

People need to search for info, not wait to be spoon fed by media (MSM) conglomerates.   But that would take intelligence :coffee1:

A speech is not an interview, as the content is controlled. And an interview by a non-complicit interviewer who ask critical questions is not the same as with someone like Carlson.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Meghan Kelly interviewed him. So it’s not even unprecedented.

This doesn’t seem that difficult people: if you don’t like it, don’t tune in… but what you can’t do is decide for others what they should and should not see. Also, if Putin is such a vile piece of crap, why not just let his own words sink him? I don’t get it. Nothing you say makes sense. The solution to our problems is more talking, not choosing who you sensor based on your own ideology. As to your question: I don’t care who interviews who. Anyone can interview anyone they want. And to see it any other way seems quite ignorant to me.m

That was in 2018. The situation is different after the Ukraine war, which raises more challenging questions. You know like " why do you bomb civilians?" ( I doubt Carlson asked this one).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

Pot  Kettle  Black.

It's hard for me to work up any sympathy for a woman that referred to millions of American voters as "deplorables".  But I despised Hillary long before that.  As happy as I was that Obama got elected, I was even happier that Hillary wasn't his VP.  Because I wanted him to survive his term.

To be clear, I wasn't happy at all that Obama got re-elected after breaking most of his campaign promises lies.

Conspiracy theory garbage.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/5/2024 at 2:01 PM, Jingthing said:

It's clear you haven't been following the news. If you think it's my role to update you on basic current events, sorry, that's your responsibility if you wish to have intelligent discussions on these issues.

That means....er no, I have no evidence, your honor.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:32 AM, impulse said:

Yeah.  I'm going to go with my standard, "Lack of curiosity is not a virtue". 

Seems the globalists would prefer blind, deaf and dumb compliance.

Edit:  Here's where I expect he'll post the interview (if it happens).  There are several great long format interviews in the various sections.  Some solid, some way out there.  I just hope the Putin interview doesn't go behind a paywall.

https://tuckercarlson.com/the-tucker-carlson-encounter/

Is that the same Carlson described in this quote from a Trump appointed judge?

"Now comes the claim that you can't expect to literally believe the words that come out of Carlson's mouth. And that assertion is not coming from Carlson's critics. It's being made by a federal judge in the Southern District of New York and by Fox News's own lawyers in defending Carlson against accusations of slander. It worked, by the way.

Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

That means....er no, I have no evidence, your honor.

That means this isn't a court of law, it's a forum, and nobody has an obligation to suffer fools who don't know basic information and/or know it and deny it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

If China would invade another country, it wouldn't "suck the air"?

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, rabas said:

Maybe I'm focused on clear and present danger, one that can't be ignored. China certainly has the capacity to do a lot of damage longer term.  However, China and America have a functional relationship that neither can ignore. Putin's Russia is truly rogue. 

I most agree with you on that.  Putin is a cornered carnivore whereas Xi has more room to maneuver with less serious consequences.

On 2/7/2024 at 8:10 AM, Lacessit said:

The only position where it would be possible to talk to Putin is after he is kicked out of Ukraine. Giving him anything would be as effective as when Chamberlain talked with Hitler.

Anyone who does not understand that lesson from history IMO is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

As your bland comparison needs a bit of relish to liven it up.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, nauseus said:

As your bland comparison needs a bit of relish to liven it up.

Chamberlain's appeasement of Adolf Hitler that caused WW2 too bland for you? 

Try enough thermonuclear weapons to extinguish life.  If you really like it spicy, check out Putin's doomsday weapons, which he is developing, and testing...

Russia's 'Doomsday Weapon' That Can Wipe Out Coastal Infra, Render Country Uninhabitable To Be Operationalized By 2024. reference

Edited by rabas
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, impulse said:

American conservative journalist and political commentator Tucker Carlson has said that his conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin will be aired at 6 pm EST on Thursday. 

https://www.rt.com/russia/592042-tucker-putin-interview-date/

Edit:  “He parrots Vladimir Putin’s pack of lies about Ukraine,” former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told MSNBC.

Yeah, because that's what really important - pissing off people.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

MSNBC & hillary ... that's embarrassing.

... but then again ... "What does it matter" ...  :cheesy:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1