Tucker Carlson Goes to Moscow?

Social Media

2 hours ago, Social Media said:

Topic Update: Tucker Carlson. Why I'm interviewing Vladimir Putin.

To make money, why else?

I am wondering what he will have to say about Trump's immunity claim just having been thrown out on its ear by the court of appeal.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Why is talking to someone considered supporting them.   Talking is how you avoid wars.

Barbara Walters talked to Castro, does that mean she supported him?  Frost to Nixon, and so on.  Trump to Kin Jong Un or any of the other world leaders (all of NATO) he disagreed with, does that mean he supports them, or Mexico's Nieto.

If Hitler was still alive, or if they found him in S. America, journalist would be lining up to talk to him.

Anyone stating someone supports someone simply by talking to them is part of the propaganda problem, and simply pushing divisiveness.

I'm talking to you, do that mean I support your silly statement ?

ok,   I hear ya '     but I read on the news that he does support Russia. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Barbara Walters talked to Castro, does that mean she supported him?  Frost to Nixon, and so on.  Trump to Kin Jong Un or any of the other world leaders (all of NATO) he disagreed with, does that mean he supports them, or Mexico's Nieto.

If Hitler was still alive, or if they found him in S. America, journalist would be lining up to talk to him.

There is a difference between a journalist talking to a world leader, and two world leaders doing the same.

I don't know about support. However, IMO Trump's actions during his presidency definitely encouraged both Kim and Putin. They probably could not believe their luck, dealing with a total amateur.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tucker Carlson Explains Why He Interviewed Vladimir Putin

“Two years into a world that’s reshaping the entire world, most Americans are not informed,” Carlson said. “They have no real idea what’s happening in this region, here in Russia or 600 miles away in Ukraine. But they should know, they’re paying for much of it in ways that they might not yet fully perceive.”

“We are not here because we love Vladimir Putin. We are here because we love the United States,” he said. “And we want it to remain prosperous and free.”

The full interview will be available for viewing on TuckerCarlson.com, and “X” CEO Elon Musk reportedly promised not to “suppress” the interview once it is posted on his platform. (Also stated that it won't be behind a paywall)

https://dailycaller.com/2024/02/06/tucker-carlson-putin-interview/

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Putin poisons opponents. He defenestrates oligarchs. He steals massive amounts of state funds. He orders the murder of thousands of Ukrainian civilians, and kidnaps Ukrainian children for re-education. He jails his citizens for dissenting.

How do I describe a post which calls Putin a gentleman? Moronic, imbecilic, idiotic, cretinous - there just aren't enough words to explain its egregious stupidity.

Isn't it great that over a billion netizens will be able to use their collective crowdpower to critique every facial tick and every word Putin says?

• Confused 2

Don't think Tucker will get the Putin interview. Really no upside for Putin even if this just a propaganda interview. The interview can't move any global opinion. Tucker has more to gain from this interview than Putin. Tucker will leave Russia tail behind legs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

From what I understand, reading the bias, slanted news (both sides0 and my own enlightening research of the RU/UA situation, I have to agree with most of Putin's decisions and handling of UA; Crimea, Donbas and other areas.

Not really going to debate those thoughts, as really don't like repeating everything else I posted on the subject.  

On Topic ... talking is always better than not talking.

I've watched Putin speaking a few times, and he always seemed rational and mad complete sense to me.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, rabas said:

What do you really know about Russia? Putin? How did you learn it? From where? Can you break down "Russia" in to its various constituent parts? 

That's not a challenge, it's a sincere question. I would like to know.

Don't bother.

It's a maga thing.

Nothing to do with rationality or knowledge but more to do with ideology.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Wake me up after the interview and then we can discuss what he actually said, not the innuendo we see here.

You could do that but you can bet the house it will be all lies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

The effect of his rhetoric may make some in the US want to distance themselves from Carlson. It may wake up a few recalcitrants who don't think they are traitors for supporting Russia.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The effect of his rhetoric may make some in the US want to distance themselves from Carlson. It may wake up a few recalcitrants who don't think they are traitors for supporting Russia.

You're more optimistic than me. Magas stay magas no matter what. It's a cult. It requires professional deprogramming to have any hope of shaking them from it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Was that typo in your last sentence a Freudian slip?

Based on your first sentence, every country in the world is now able to invade the sovereign territory of any other country.

well spotted ... :cheesy:

Note to self:  proofread you idiot.   

On invading ... something most countries have done, in the past, and more than a few in the 21st Century.   Putin would have a hard time matching the death, misery and displacement of citizens that the US/UK/NATO has caused in the last 23 yrs, invading sovereign countries for no reason ... IMHO

In that aspect, I guess you could say, he's simply following their lead.  What's good for them to is just fine for him to do.   At least in his mind, he's saving ex-Russians that want to be saved, and undoing the regime change of the UA place in power by foreign interests .. IMHO

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Pretty much guaranteed, if all you watch is the edited sections that CNN and MSDNC will no doubt be airing. 

Kudos to Musk and to Carlson for promising to show it uncensored.  But that means the majority won't sit through the entirety.  Not enough attention span.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, impulse said:

Pretty much guaranteed, if all you watch is the edited sections that CNN and MSDNC will no doubt be airing. 

Kudos to Musk and to Carlson for promising to show it uncensored.  But that means the majority won't sit through the entirety.  Not enough attention span.

Bull.

I'll watch it to know better what the maga traitors are buying.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rabas said:

What do you really know about Russia? Putin? How did you learn it? From where? Can you break down "Russia" in to its various constituent parts? 

That's not a challenge, it's a sincere question. I would like to know.

I learned about Russia from " Journey into Russia " by Sir Laurens van der Post, "The future is ours, Comrade" by Joseph Novak, and a history of the Second World War, by Martin Gilbert. I read as much material as I could get my hands on about the rise of the Bolsheviks, and Stalin's machinations to supplant Lenin. Russia has always fascinated me as a nation which should be the richest on the planet, yet only has a GDP a fraction of the US, Europe and China, which phenomenon can be laid squarely at the feet of its political system.

IIRC Churchill once described Russia as a mystery wrapped in an enigma. The books I cite helped me in understanding.

• Thanks 1

AFAIK, the US and Russia are not at war. So, simply put Tucker cannot be a traitor for interviewing Putin. 

Mike Wallace spoke to Ayatollah Khomeni in 1979 DURING the Iranian hostage crisis. Was HE a traitor for doing so?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1