Tucker Carlson Goes to Moscow?

Social Media

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

MSNBC & hillary ... that's embarrassing.

... but then again ... "What does it matter" ...  :cheesy:

The only thing that would have been more priceless is if it claimed "Hillary told Rachel Maddow"...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Calls now being made to ban/sanction Carlson from EU.   Let the punishment & censorship begin :cheesy:

I await the fake sexual assault accusations to follow soon, since the SOP for silencing any narrative against the deep state ... IMHO

It's not going to happen.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Calls now being made to ban/sanction Carlson from EU.   Let the punishment & censorship begin :cheesy:

I await the fake sexual assault accusations to follow soon, since the SOP for silencing any narrative against the deep state ... IMHO

There's always calls made for anything. You have to stay realistic, a ban like that will not carry much support and it won't happen.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, zhounan said:

The journalist with the biggest pool of viewers interview the most important political leader in the world.

This interview potentially is the best of the last 100 years.

Tokyo Rose is blushing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, impulse said:

In case anyone actually wants to see the interview:

https://tuckercarlson.com/the-vladimir-putin-interview/

No one on here wants to see the interview, they just want to parrot talking points from the biased western press. 

I haven't watched it yet, but have read reports that it wasn't really controversial. The BBC didn't say too much. And other commenter have said that Putin, as he often does, opened with a history lesson. I suppose the problem is that sometimes issues are complex with many factors that must be weighed, whereas the media reduced things to a binary choice of good or bad.....and some things cannot be adequately reduced to black or white like that. Sadly some issue in the world need to be thought about carefully, and not arrived at without any thought at all. All you get from this method is an ill-informed decision, but then that is what the media wants, too shape public opinion, not to tell you the truth so you can make up your own mind. 

Edited by retarius
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, retarius said:

haven't watched it yet, but have read reports that it wasn't really controversial.

I'm about 1:40:00 into it and so far, it's a snoozer for me.  A lot of historical background, going back a loooong way.  Quite a bit later on, into the recent events that led to 2014 and 2022, but I'm going to have to rely on others with more background to fact check his claims. 

I suspect the debates will go on for years.  I just hope the killing and the spending don't.

Edit:  BTW, a lot of insights into the changes in global trade and the effect on the USD & Euro, BRICS, and Euro economies brought on by the sanctions.  

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm about 1:40:00 into it and so far, it's a snoozer for me.  A lot of historical background, going back a loooong way.  Quite a bit later on, into the recent events that led to 2014 and 2022, but I'm going to have to rely on others with more background to fact check his claims. 

I suspect the debates will go on for years.  I just hope the killing and the spending don't.

I'm listening and so far it seems like Carlson is basically taking dictation. There is a transcript available, but you have to join Team Tucker to access it. That's $6 I'm not going to give him.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm listening and so far it seems like Carlson is basically taking dictation. There is a transcript available, but you have to join Team Tucker to access it. That's $6 I'm not going to give him.

I get the sense that some of the claims Putin's making about the events leading up to 2014 and 2022 (including "denazification") are significant and controversial and are going to be fact checked to death by all sides.

Just now, impulse said:

I get the sense that some of the claims Putin's making about the events leading up to 2014 and 2022 (including "denazification") are significant and controversial and are going to be fact checked to death by all sides.

So what exactly is Carlson's function here? 

• Agree 1

Just now, retarius said:

I get the sense that you haven't watch Tucker very much. His interview style is to let his guests speak without interrupting too much, is the guest gets to talk instead of listening to two hours of Tucker stealing the show. I hate it when interviewers cut their guests off as they do so often to appear clever or smart. It is what makes Tucker great imho, he's doesn't appear to be, despite his fame, a narcissist.

So, your basic point is to attribute unworthy motivations when journalists challenge the people they interview. Just another example of right wing mind reading.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, retarius said:

I get the sense that you haven't watch Tucker very much. His interview style is to let his guests speak without interrupting too much, is the guest gets to talk instead of listening to two hours of Tucker stealing the show. I hate it when interviewers cut their guests off as they do so often to appear clever or smart. It is what makes Tucker great imho, he's doesn't appear to be, despite his fame, a narcissist.

We don't need Tucker or anyone else to know all about Kremlin propaganda talking points. Just click and see. Tucker the useful idiot for Putin is simply helping them amplify their propaganda to a wide largely ignorant audience.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Putin, unlike like the memory afflicted and cognitively challenged Biden is nowhere  addled like Biden in the cognition dept. & more than likely knows where a LOT of bodies are buried in Ukraine and maybe so does Tucker  now and there is no doubt the deep state is likely VERY concerned about what Mr. Carlson gleans from the clever tactician in Putin. Putin maybe a "gangsta" but he ain't a stupid one.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, illisdean said:

Putin, unlike like the memory afflicted and cognitively challenged Biden is nowhere  addled like Biden in the cognition dept. & more than likely knows where a LOT of bodies are buried in Ukraine and maybe so does Tucker  now and there is no doubt the deep state is likely VERY concerned about what Mr. Carlson gleans from the clever tactician in Putin. Putin maybe a "gangsta" but he ain't a stupid one.

No one has contended that Putin is stupid. As for others who contend that Putin knows where bodies are buried without explaining why he hasn't revealed them, one might legitimately question the quality of their reasoning.

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

No one has contended that Putin is stupid. As for others who contend that Putin knows where bodies are buried without explaining why he hasn't revealed them, one might legitimately question the quality of their reasoning.

Of course not stupid. 

He is no historical scholar though but he views himself as a modern czar and as such has the power to define a historical narrative to support his ideology and actions.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:35 AM, Berkshire said:

Translation:  "It will provide the Russian president a platform to lie his a*s off to a wider Western audience." 

Big deal.   He wouldn't be the only, or the first, president, PM (or any other type of leader) to lie his arse off.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Berkshire said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Big deal.   He wouldn't be the only, or the first, president, PM (or any other type of leader) to lie his arse off.

Most other democratic leaders don't have their political opponents jailed/murdered or siphon funds from the state to the tune of $200 billion (allegedly). 

I didn't say that they did, I referenced lying, that's all, which is a trait demonstrated by most leaders but one old duffer in the west is doing his best to get his political opponent jailed right now.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1