Flight fright: Panic-stricken passenger causes turbulence at Chiang Mai Airport

webfact

image.jpeg

A foreign passenger reportedly experienced a panic attack while a plane was taking off from Chiang Mai International Airport last night and attempted to open the plane door, causing chaos and a delay at the airport. The situation was brought under control at around 11pm.

Facebook account Watcharapon Pethsurp posted about the incident at about 9.57pm yesterday, February 7. The post included a picture of the foreign man standing on the plane.

“The plane was about to take off but this passenger had a panic attack and tried to open the door. When will I arrive in Bangkok?”

The problem occurred on the TG121 Chiang Mai-Bangkok Thai Airways flight. The flight was originally scheduled to depart from Chiang Mai International Airport at 9.05pm and arrived at Suvarnabhumi International Airport about one hour later.

MGR reported that the foreign man left his seat, approached one of the flight attendants, and pushed her towards the plane door. He demanded that the flight attendant open the plane door, forcing the pilot to make an emergency stop on the runway.

by Petch Petpailin 

Photo via Facebook/ Watcharapon Pethsurp

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-02-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Unless this guy Wong is mentally impaired someway, he need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law!

Having said that:

"Section 17: taking control of an aircraft by using force or threatening to harm the aircraft. The penalty will be death punishment, life imprisonment, or imprisonment from 10 to 20 years."

I think the death penalty is taking it a bit too far?🙄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

I can only summise that the journo who wrote the heading of the article doesn't understand what turbulence is. Who hires these people?

I presume the jurno was alluding to the "turbulence" inside the aircraft, rather than outside.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A foreign passenger reportedly experienced a panic attack while a plane was taking off from Chiang Mai International Airport last night and attempted to open the plane door, causing chaos and a delay at the airport. The situation was brought under control at around 11pm.

Facebook account Watcharapon Pethsurp posted about the incident at about 9.57pm yesterday, February 7. The post included a picture of the foreign man standing on the plane.

“The plane was about to take off but this passenger had a panic attack and tried to open the door. When will I arrive in Bangkok?”

The problem occurred on the TG121 Chiang Mai-Bangkok Thai Airways flight. The flight was originally scheduled to depart from Chiang Mai International Airport at 9.05pm and arrived at Suvarnabhumi International Airport about one hour later.

MGR reported that the foreign man left his seat, approached one of the flight attendants, and pushed her towards the plane door. He demanded that the flight attendant open the plane door, forcing the pilot to make an emergency stop on the runway.

by Petch Petpailin 

Photo via Facebook/ Watcharapon Pethsurp

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-02-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Hope he has to wait for paying the bill. How did this moron come here before ?

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I have a suspicion that overindulgence in some form of mind-altering substance before the flight might have had something to do with this.

+1   I sure hope they breath and blood tested him.

I've heard of people on Ambien doing weird things on a flight, but I can't imagine taking a sleeping pill for a one hour flight.

Maybe the wacky 'backy?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Unless this guy Wong is mentally impaired someway, he need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law!

Having said that:

"Section 17: taking control of an aircraft by using force or threatening to harm the aircraft. The penalty will be death punishment, life imprisonment, or imprisonment from 10 to 20 years."

I think the death penalty is taking it a bit too far?🙄

I agree, send him to Bangkok on a bus