No EM Ankle Bracelet For ‘Untouchable’ Thaksin

webfact

3 hours ago, ross163103 said:

Was there ever any doubt he wouldn't have an ankle bracelet, be serious! I agree with bokningar; this is one of the many reasons Thailand can never move up on the world stage, hard to take them serious with blantant/rampant corruption going on!

name me a country where there is no corruption please. 

You assume Thailand wants to "move up on the world stage" and is being hindered from doing so. Thailand doesn't give a monkeys elbow about moving up on the world stage, so stop posting as if you're sime kind of fountain-of-knowledge and open your eyes.  

• Confused 1

Very much reminds me of the recent sliming of Joe Biden by that special prosecutor Hur.  Ugly and unnecessary.    Get off Thaksin's back, freed and pardoned,  and let's get on with making life better Thailand. 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

"after he has roughly served half of his one-year “sentence” "

5555 he served around 0.00001% of his sentence. Probably the lowest percentage ever served in Thailand before parole.It might even be a world record.Have the Shinawatras contacted the Guinness book of records.

I am sure he is also in   the running for the greatest a..ho.e ever.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The army is likely maneuvering now to extend their terms.

There might be a scenario wherein the army might try to recruit Thaksin as a populist political counter balance to Move Forward as a feigned progressive government. Just a question of rewards?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Why he should leave the country?

Thailand needs him! (His thinking)☺️

Thailand needs Pit's thinking.

Thailand voted for Pita's thinking

Thaksin prevented that by getting his party to connive with the generals for his own benefit.

Greedy geriatric billionaire dinosaurs are not the people to be listened to. Anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, time will tell one way or the other.  If he's out golfing this year the powers-that-be will spin it on overdrive.  Either way.  I remember when I first got to Thailand and there was an article about some poor plod who had been tossed into one form of Thai prison or other.  He was in really bad shape.  I won't get into specifics but it was inhuman.

So this concierge prison service is extended to all frail, sick, prisoner over 70? 
Of course.  Yep - everybody knows.  :thumbsup: 

Btw - I'm not picking on Thailand.  This two-tiered system is global:  one tier for the obscenely wealthy, another for the common-folk.

Edited by connda

17 hours ago, bokningar said:

A open display of how corruption works.

The whole world can see it.

And they wounder why foreign investments is going down (except Chines and Russian)

They are so arrogant, they think foreigners are stupid.

Living off a legacy where their rulers relied on pure luck and geography to avoid being colonised.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

name me a country where there is no corruption please. 

You assume Thailand wants to "move up on the world stage" and is being hindered from doing so. Thailand doesn't give a monkeys elbow about moving up on the world stage, so stop posting as if you're sime kind of fountain-of-knowledge and open your eyes.  

Point one is irrelevant.

I think you are wrong here. Thailand is very much concerned wrt image. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Before the military "ran him out of the country" he was all in with the military, especially with the Southern Provincial insurrection. Id say that it's more accurate that the Royalists-Elites (aka Deep State) ran him out as he discovered how to mobilize the electorate that threatens to turn the government into a more progressive state and give him greater power.

I believe you right about that.  :thumbsup: