Unruly British man goes berserk on Bangkok-London flight (video)

webfact

2 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

The captain should have returned the aircraft to Bangkok and the guy would have been arrested there.

I thought they did. In the video, the captain came on the intercom and announced the plane was turning around to land because of the incident. At least I thought that's what I heard.

• Confused 2

Just now, John Drake said:

I thought they did. In the video, the captain came on the intercom and announced the plane was turning around to land because of the incident. At least I thought that's what I heard.

You were on the plane?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

The captain should have returned the aircraft to Bangkok and the guy would have been arrested there.

So he could buy his way out with a few thousand Baht or a bottle of duty free whisky? 🤔

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, uttradit said:
1 minute ago, John Drake said:

You were on the plane?

He certainly wasn't reading the OP, wherever he was!

2 minutes ago, uttradit said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

These comment are about fighting on planes, not the stats for arrests in Thailand, so do Britons typically fight on planes or is it just this one?  Give me the top 3 or 4 nationalities please.

Damning statistics here

https://pattayaone.news/brits-behaving-badly/

Not damning, at all as, not once, did those statistics refer to fighting on international flights.   Why not find some relevant stats?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chongalulu said:

It's very expensive and disrupts hundreds of passengers. If he can be restrained and subdued continue to the destination. This sort of incident is rightly considered very serious by UK authorities and he can expect to do some time and be banned by a host of airlines. Scum.

Money would not be an issue with any other airline, where the overall safety of passengers and crew comes first.

This outburst falls into this category.

The plane should have returned, and he should have been hauled off, the passengers would have understood instead of a nerve wracking 11-hour journey wondering what he was going to do next.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not damning, at all as, not once, did those statistics refer to fighting on international flights.   Why not find some relevant stats?

Don't need too. Just badly behaved people in all situations and all countries.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stoner said:

low life british fool.

Being a low life or a fool is possible in any nationality.

You prove that with your stupid discriminatory post.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, proton said:
3 hours ago, John Drake said:

Before being allowed to board any commercial aircraft, all would be passengers should be required to submit a registered IQ identification card. No boarding for anyone with less than a 100 IQ. That will stop just about 95 percent of these type incidents.

As well as the Thai staff and passengers

...and some/most AN posters.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

Before being allowed to board any commercial aircraft, all would be passengers should be required to submit a registered IQ identification card. No boarding for anyone with less than a 100 IQ. That will stop just about 95 percent of these type incidents.

Probably right, but it might also create issues for airlines and the tourist industry staying in business too. The average IQ of the VAST majority of nations, as in probably around 150+ countries, is under 100, according to various companies that report such things. The UK, US, Germany, India, Russia, and many others come in under an average IQ of 100. Although, some companies report a few of those just squeezing in at 100 or above. But China, Japan, and South Korea, some of the top countries sending tourists to Thailand these days, are among the top 5 countries, as far as average IQ goes, so they will have a bit easier time. But even the highest average still isn't towering over 100, at all. Depending on the company reporting, it can range from around 106 to 108.
But, at least it could be a concrete step toward getting quality tourists!

Edited by Sig
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ravip said:

As per the recent news items, the Brits seems to be surpassing the number of Chinese & Indian quality tourists.

Another stupid predicable comment from a keyboard warrior. 

2 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps you should start your own thread, "This is my Life"...........🥴

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, uttradit said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Don't need too.

You do, "too" [sic], if you want your claim to have any credibility! 

The thing is that there are no "flight fight" stats that you can reference, that's why you "don't need too [sic]"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Being a low life or a fool is possible in any nationality.

You prove that with your stupid discriminatory post.

have i ? 

or do we see a pattern day after day. your comment proves your willful ignorance. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You do, "too" [sic], if you want your claim to have any credibility! 

The thing is that there are no "flight fight" stats that you can reference, that's why you "don't need too [sic]"

I don't care about your opinions. The statistics speak for themselves.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sig said:

Probably right, but it might also create issues for airlines and the tourist industry staying in business too. The average IQ of the VAST majority of nations, as in probably around 150+ countries, is under 100, according to various companies that report such things. The UK, US, Germany, India, Russia, and many others come in under an average IQ of 100. Although, some companies report a few of those just squeezing in at 100 or above. But China, Japan, and South Korea, some of the top countries sending tourists to Thailand these days, are among the top 5 countries, as far as average IQ goes, so they will have a bit easier time. But even the highest average still isn't towering over 100, at all. Depending on the company reporting, it can range from around 106 to 108.
But, at least it could be a concrete step toward getting quality tourists!

The average tourist is an idiot. That's well established. If you want to avoid idiots avoid the busiest locations for idiots.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Charlest1971 said:

Every flight, by law, should have at least two trained plain clothed security guards, on board, to resolve situations like this. Passengers like this should be tranquillised and restrained, for the safety other passengers.  

Flight costs would jump then

3 hours ago, garygooner said:

11+ hours to go with that guy still on the plane. Brilliant. (sedate him!) 

Train staff to user tasers on 

drunken fools like this. Hope he will be banned from flying for 10 years

• Like 2
  • Confused 1