Unruly British man goes berserk on Bangkok-London flight (video)

webfact

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That is what did actually happen .

He was handcuffed for the rest of the flight and then arrested when he arrived and was charged with GBH and endangering an aircraft 

Well that was good.

Generally in the US at least he would have been tie wrapped to the seat

But I am surprised why, if the story is correct that this happened minutes into the flight, the Capt. didn't either return to BKK or divert to an alternate

Either way the guy was an idiot, and I hope he didn't need a pee for the rest of the flight, because there would be some poor guy of the ground crew cleaning it up after landing.

One last thought. Did he board without wearing a shirt? You can't do that in any airport that I know!

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Well no, never needed to "smoke" anything for brain distortion, but, I have read a bit about those who do and the consequences.

In my country, you can get nicked for driving under the dope influence days after smoking a spliff.

Of course, you puffers will defend your habit as 'normal', that is up to you.........😉

haha, brain distortion & puffers, jesus, that make you sound so naïve., reminds me of an ex girlfriends mum when i was early 20's. haha
i would guess you dont have experience with any form of drug,  do you drink alcohol? thats far worse than most things i've done, but socially accepted. 
smoke weed, hash does not make people react like that dude, i would suggests alcohol, unless he's just a d**K in general.

p.s.  smoked weed in my teens early 20's, but was boring sitting on a sofa staring at the TV. 

5 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Flying is very stressful. It only takes a small irritant to send people off the rails. In a confined space you can be the subject of somone else's frustration.

What we have here is a man apparently going berserk and striking out at fellow passengers and cabin crew staff. Nobody knows what set him off, but it's probably related to the stresses of airline flight.

Can you please explain in detail why flying is stressful for a normal person? 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

haha, brain distortion & puffers, jesus, that make you sound so naïve., reminds me of an ex girlfriends mum when i was early 20's. haha
i would guess you dont have experience with any form of drug,  do you drink alcohol? thats far worse than most things i've done, but socially accepted. 
smoke weed, hash does not make people react like that dude, i would suggests alcohol, unless he's just a d**K in general.

p.s.  smoked weed in my teens early 20's, but was boring sitting on a sofa staring at the TV. 

Typical puffer response, carry on chap, excuses, good fun though...

Oh, as for d**K, the capital letter should be first, not last...See what your puffing does........🤣

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

Not many folk are ready for a limbo dance flying, no matter what 'you' think, I think most folk are 'inside' not 100% happy, even if you are..........😋

8 minutes ago, ravip said:

I can't be bothered as it's too obvious. I refer you to youtube regarding the stresses of flying international economy class long haul flights.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, retarius said:

When I was a young man, it was very common for thugs and bullies to go out on a Friday night to drink a gallon of beer and  have punch up. I managed to avoid the fisticuffs most of the time, but was once a victim of such a gang in an awful incident where the thuggish gang waited outside a late night drinking club for me and my mates. Fortunately I ended up with only a few bruises and a few stitches. The scars are not easily visible, one under the chin and another in my eyebrow. 

So what? This isn't about you. Need some attention? 

• Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

Typical puffer response, carry on chap, excuses, good fun though...

Oh, as for d**K, the capital letter should be first, not last...See what your puffing does........🤣

haha,  eyes are nearly closed from being so baked i missed the capitalisation. i  might go into town and get violent with someone at 711

42 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Don't they have them in the cockpit in case of hijacking? I think they have something in a locked case.

I'm not sure on the protocol for opening the cockpit door. I think it stays locked in most disruptive scenarios.

Cockpit door on most airlines is not to be opened during unscheduled events even if they are killing passengers right in front of the camera. 

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

haha,  eyes are nearly closed from being so baked i missed the capitalisation. i  might go into town and get violent with someone at 711

Would be another thread regarding a puffer, eh.............🤭

6 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I can't be bothered as it's too obvious. I refer you to youtube regarding the stresses of flying international economy class long haul flights.

I don't see any stress on flights apart from children under 5yo.

A grown man scared of flying should stay home.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Yme said:

Cockpit door on most airlines is not to be opened during unscheduled events even if they are killing passengers right in front of the camera. 

I saw some video's where a pilot was wrestling a guy down who asssulted a stewardess. Then they tied the guy to a chair. Maybe it was a secondary pilot who was not part of the cockpit crew?

50 minutes ago, uttradit said:

What they should do is have a special seat for morons. Tie them up then invent all passengers to punch them. Best punch as voted by the staff gets a free ticket.

agree ... then they might stop flying TG

"It is likely the Brits do not fool around with idiots like this guy, and will lock him up. Good result."

No sorry but people who commit manslaughter here in England get 5 years - out in 3. He will probably get 3 months jail sentence, reduced to 6 weeks for good behaviour.  He will then apply for legal aid to sue the government because he couldn't get Netflix on his TV in his cell due to poor reception and to sue Thai airlines for injuries to his hand when smashing up the toilet - and he'll win!!!!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RobU said:

If you watch the cabin staff they close the door and pull a manual handle to secure it but not 'lock' it. The doors open outwards, the pressure in the cabin is higher than the pressure outside hence it would blow open if the handle was moved There is nothing to stop an idiot from moving the handle and opening the door.

If you pay attention when you "watch the cabin staff they close the door and pull a manual handle to secure it but not 'lock' it", this procedure is accompanied by the general PA announcement for "cabin crew arm the doors and cross-check". Once that is done, everything is in place to prevent "an idiot from moving the handle and opening the door."

Why are we debating this anyway? The "idiot" in the OP was wrecking the dunny door, not the cabin door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Me too. Can't be bothered to wade thru YouTube. 

I think it's only just some "special" people are stressed. 

Edit

Seeking psychiatric help is the way to go - there by, this type of issues could be avoided.

Edited by ravip

1 hour ago, transam said:

Not many folk are ready for a limbo dance flying, no matter what 'you' think, I think most folk are 'inside' not 100% happy, even if you are..........😋

Once again, some people may not be happy even travelling by car - but they don't start assaulting people right around.

The saying "it's a thin line between sanity and insanity" holds true - if one can accept the fact and seek psychiatric help, life would be that much more pleasant  and safer.

7 hours ago, John Drake said:

Are you kidding? In the US, they need to institute an IQ requirement just to enter the airline terminals. Have you seen all the brawls that happen in US airports?

When you have low-cost(class) airlines, you are bound to attract low-class people to fly on them. Going back this April, and I made sure not to book any flights there on the "budget" airlines.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, garygooner said:

11+ hours to go with that guy still on the plane. Brilliant. (sedate him!) 

My husband who used to work in the airline business for many years told me that some airlines carry handcuffs or cable ties to restrain unruly passengers, and in one instance, straight jackets!  In this incident, a straight jacket would have been warranted.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

My husband who used to work in the airline business for many years told me that some airlines carry handcuffs or cable ties to restrain unruly passengers, and in one instance, straight jackets!  In this incident, a straight jacket would have been warranted.  

Duct tape works wonders, every plane I am sure has a roll or two 😉

Edited by lordgrinz
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, garygooner said:

11+ hours to go with that guy still on the plane. Brilliant. (sedate him!) 

Throw the bastard in the ocean. I would ask for my money back. The British should be fighting the migrant's invasion of their countries, instead they are fighting in a plane to see who*es.

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

I wonder why he flipped out inside the lavatory? Maybe no tissues or something 🤷🏻‍♂️.

The confrontations with other people were secondary.

Because there's no "best place" to be a total numpty.