Judge orders Trump and companies to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Social Media

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Also, what about all of Trumps family members and employees that have also earned a lot of money and paid a lot of taxes from his companies. And had he not been President, his net worth would likely be significantly higher than it is now, the left would still love him, and he would have none of his current legal issues. Even an ethic studies major would know that. yes? 

Trump made quite a lot of money during his Presidency. Every time he played golf, which was quite a lot, he played at one of his loss-making golf clubs.

His security detail had to be accommodated on said resorts. On average, the US taxpayer was billed $800,000 every time he teed up.

As a golfer myself, it might not be so offensive if he did not have such a sh!tty golf swing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Now, someone's claiming that Trump would have sold some of his stocks to pay for his lifestyle. As anyone just mildly conversant with how the rich finance their lifestyle know, they borrow money against their assets. The interest rates they pay on the loans are far, far lower than what they would pay in income taxes.

And what do you pay the loans back with? Why not just use a credit card and get the points teacher? 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have a sneaking suspicion Trump's assets are mortgaged to the hilt, and it's a house of cards ready to collapse at the first puff of wind.

$600 million in fines, interest and fees is more like a hurricane.

I've been in real estate for decades. It's boom and bust. One time you're drinking champagne, the next, cheap beer. There are lots of games played. Like the ones during the 2008 real estate bust.

20 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You guess everyone who disagrees with you is a leftist.  It's you go-to rebuttal when you've got nothing.

No, plenty of non-leftists disagree with me, you're just not one of them. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

8 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Points aren't interesting to those with money. Who cares. Not worth the hassle.

It was a joke; I forgot the left has no sense of humor.

But I think it might depend on how you define rich. How rich do you have to be to not care about getting cash back on your credit card?  

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No, plenty of non-leftists disagree with me, you're just not one of them. 

Posts the person who won't give his definition of "leftist", but uses the term with wild abandon.

Oh wait, maybe you did define it.  Is your definition of a leftist anyone who doesn't believe your post that "Anyone that helps Trump will be prosecuted the same way Trump was. "?

After all, you did follow up with "Sorry, every non-leftist knows they can't try to help Trump or they'll be next."

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It was a joke; I forgot the left has no sense of humor.

But I think it might depend on how you define rich. How rich do you have to be to not care about getting cash back on your credit card?  

Stop trolling. I'm not on the left. More aligned with Liz Cheney.

I'm not rich and points aren't worth chasing. Plus. I pay with cash.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Most leftists know he's not very smart, just like they know he's broke and he's a puppet for Putin and he's a racist antisemite. 

Had he just invested in an index fund, he would have lost half of it to the tax man, and it would not have allowed him the lavish lifestyle he enjoys. 

Don't know anything about stocks or mutual funds huh? No taxes paid until you sell, except for the dividends of course. 

Stop trolling. I'm not on the left. More aligned with Liz Cheney.

Liz Cheney is RINO that the left tries to hold up as a conservative. 

I'm not rich and points aren't worth chasing. Plus. I pay with cash.

Yeah, you and Fanny

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, gargamon said:

Don't know anything about stocks or mutual funds huh? No taxes paid until you sell, except for the dividends of course. 

Clearly not as smart as all of you guys. So, if all of your money is in an index fund, how do you get money to live on, without selling or taking the dividends? 

And if President Biden has his way, unrealized capital gains will be taxed. I bet you guys all love that. 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Clearly not as smart as all of you guys. So, if all of your money is in an index fund, how do you get money to live on, without selling or taking the dividends? 

And if President Biden has his way, unrealized capital gains will be taxed. I bet you guys all love that. 

Prove that or retract.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

No. Cheney is one of the few remaining REAL republicans.

Maga fascist Trump has taken over the republican party.

They aren't republicans. They're Maga fascists.

REAL Republican AKA leftist. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Prove that or retract.

Prove what? that I'm clearly not as smart as you guys or that is President Biden has his way, unrealized capital gains will be taxed or that you guys love that Biden wants to tax unrealized capital gains? 

Okay, I take it back that I am not as smart as you guys. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Prove what? that I'm clearly not as smart as you guys or that is President Biden has his way, unrealized capital gains will be taxed or that you guys love that Biden wants to tax unrealized capital gains? 

Okay, I take it back that I am not as smart as you guys. 

So you made that up, huh?

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So you made that up, huh?

Yes, I made up the part about you guys being smarter than me, and I guessed that you guys (being leftists) want more taxes. Wasn't it you that wanted to means test for social security?  

I did not make up the part about Biden wanting to tax unrealized capital gains, and posted a link that supported it earlier today in the thread, but here it is again:

Joe Biden's billionaire tax is dead on arrival (cnbc.com)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, I made up the part about you guys being smarter than me, and I guessed that you guys (being leftists) want more taxes. Wasn't it you that wanted to means test for social security?  

I did not make up the part about Biden wanting to tax unrealized capital gains, and posted a link that supported it earlier today in the thread, but here it is again:

Joe Biden's billionaire tax is dead on arrival (cnbc.com)

You intentionally failed to mention that proposal was for massively wealthy people ONLY.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Was that when you were a bookkeeper, a mental health professional, a chemist or now a shepherd? 

I never said i was a bookkeeper. I said I had the qualifications.

I've never said I was a mental health professional, that seems to be a figment of your imagination.

I certainly was an analytical chemist, before I became a researcher.

As for being a shepherd, I have marked lambs, mustered for shearing, drenched sheep, and put them through dip troughs. I left crutching and mulesing to the professionals.

Not as a farm worker, just helping a station owner when he was short-handed.

Happy now?

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1