What's your dream in Thailand?

I don't see many getting out there and getting after it. One of mine is going Hat Yai to Mae Hong Son via issan. As many back roads as possible. I suggested a big bike for me and small for Mrs. She doesn't like the idea. She would agree to a car.

People have lost their sense of adventure.

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Rather a confusing statement. So here is my Dream in Thailand.

To open up Asean Now, and only see sensible posts! None by the usual suspects.

What's confusing? I did 3000kms recently. Hardly saw anyone doing it. Only a few near Chiang Dao. What are people doing? 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

I'm not a Cruiser fan.🙂 But some do have a lower seat.

I have this one 

spacer.png

For off-road I have a "farmer's Wave. So not really a Dream but easy to pick up. 

Apart from a MV Agusta F3 675, I think my actual dream would be a CB92 Benly

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

I do lots, just did not realise that this topic was aimed at motor cycling as it is in the Community Pub forum, not Motor cycling.

As for 'waiting to die', surely riding 3000 km here in Thailand will get you there quicker than my wait.

Lots of nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Mods, please move this to the Motor Cycling forum. A very confusing Headline for Community Pub.

Topic is about chasing dreams. Could be visiting 1000 restaurants in Bangkok. Could be visiting every island and every beach.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

How the heck do you know WHAT I do? You simply insult me, and quite a few others. Does it feed your ego?

Because your responses are daft. You havent followed the topic. Not listed what your dream is. Hard to give you compliments if you are just whinging.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I'm not a Cruiser fan.🙂 But some do have a lower seat.

I have this one 

spacer.png

For off-road I have a "farmer's Wave. So not really a Dream but easy to pick up. 

Nice

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Mods, please move this to the Motor Cycling forum. A very confusing Headline for Community Pub.

It is only a motorcycling thread if that is what you wish it to be. So what is your dream? I responded as in Dream with a capital D.

• Like 1

Bought a bike, 300cc, had some fun with my new toy for a few months BUT my main problem was the heat ! Full face helmet and Thai sun for more than about 30 minutes or so and I was really uncomfortable.

Used for awhile longer and "scratched my itch" as I had always wanted a bike but now it sits under a cover and is looking for a new home as I just feel its time to stop before I'm stopped as we dont bounce well at 65+.

That decision was compounded by the sad loss of Kwasaki on this forum who died on his bike and the rear-ended smash Bitmantoo encountered through no fault of his own.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mike Lister said:

My dream in Thailand is that one day I'll be driving down the motorway and a police car will pull me over. The officer will walk up to my car and say, I'm sorry to have pulled you over sir but you perhaps didn't realise that you were exceeding the speed limit by 5 mph and that can be very dangerous. Please drive more carefully and have a nice day.

I would like to see a cop on a motorway, or anywhere else, for that matter.......................🤔

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

My dream in Thailand is that one day I'll be driving down the motorway and a police car will pull me over. The officer will walk up to my car and say, I'm sorry to have pulled you over sir but you perhaps didn't realise that you were exceeding the speed limit by 5 mph and that can be very dangerous. Please drive more carefully and have a nice day.

Believe or not  , almost 20 years in Thailand I have been pulled over twice,  combined cost me less that 1000 baht. I will take that over the States any time, 

1 hour ago, uttradit said:

She doesn't like the idea. She would agree to a car...People have lost their sense of adventure.

Car, as I have no desire to be on any scooter, any size, for more than an hour.  O&A in comfort is more important, though scooter wouldn't work well with a dog anyway, aside from all the other crap we take with us.

My dream ... no pollution;  land, air or sea

HEY ... I can dream can't I