What's your dream in Thailand?

3 hours ago, uttradit said:

One of mine is going Hat Yai to Mae Hong Son via issan.

You live Hat Yai, I understand why you want to go for a long ride. 

Years ago I'd fly to Hat Yai every other month, then drive over to Songkla, working offshore.

Hat Yai doesn't have much to offer. 

Why not ride down to Malaysia.

I worked for a few years on the double track project, Rawang to Thailand, it's beautiful country side and beautiful people. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

29 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Then why come to Thailand or if not in Thailand why comment?

my wife's house in Nonthaburi is surrounded by big trees and is pretty cool ..... but that doesn't mean I can't dream Scottie !!!!! 

2 hours ago, uttradit said:

Topic is about chasing dreams. Could be visiting 1000 restaurants in Bangkok. Could be visiting every island and every beach.

I like to enjoy my life without stress.

I ride motorcycle, but I don't think it's much fun to ride 100km or more. Because we have to concentrate all the time to be sure we survive that trip.

About restaurants: I know a couple which I like. If anybody recommends a new place, or invites me to that "new" place, then I am open to check it out. But I am also happy if I continue to go to the places which I know without any new places.

It seems some people have goals like visiting here and there and those stupid bucket lists, etc.

I like it the way I have it. Change is not really necessary. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I thought you wanted adventure ? , I have done those things ,but many years ago , riding a motorbike

around Thailand i would not call it an adventure , but it's dangerous

regards  Worgeordie 

If all your dreams are behind you then you have nothing to live for.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

you get closer to Cambodia, the views from Sukhumvit Road, it overlooks the ocean, those beautiful beaches,  narrowest part of Thailand. 

I've gone Bangkok to Koh Chang. Nice road. 

• Agree 1

Not a 'dream' but sleeping in every Thai province, which I manage to do at most of them.  Use to dream about hitting the PowerBall, but stopped playing,  

Living the Dream now, so just another O&A will do, and about as adventurous as I'm going to get.   All the adventure and or thrill seeking stuff was done days past.  Aside from a location or 2, which I'm too lazy to bother with, I think I checked off most of that 'bucket list'.

35 minutes ago, uttradit said:

If all your dreams are behind you then you have nothing to live for.

first of all, a lot of people on here are probably a more advanced age than you are. 

what you're advocating, that everyone should get a harley and live free or die and born to be wild, is reckless.

you can go do other things that dont involve putting your life at risk. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

first of all, a lot of people on here are probably a more advanced age than you are. 

what you're advocating, that everyone should get a harley and live free or die and born to be wild, is reckless.

Agree, and I did most of that stuff before I got here/TH.  Still took me a few years to 'mature' after I got here :coffee1: 

The kid slowed me down quite a bit, but that is a whole other adventure, and one of the longest & best.  Not allowed to kill yourself, when you're suppose to be a responsible person, and a whole other person depends on you.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 1

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest to follow that star
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To fight for the right without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell for a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true to this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest to follow that star
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To fight for the right without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell for a heavenly cause

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Just do something. 

• Sad 1

My dream is to only have posters on ASEAN who are rational, logical, respectful, and have verifiable facts to back up their opinions. Who can convey those opinions without causing eyestrain.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

what you're advocating, that everyone should get a harley and live free or die

We have to go to New Hampshire? It's cold there - I prefer to stay home... my home is designed to be more comfortable than a resort... 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, uttradit said:

I don't see many getting out there and getting after it. One of mine is going Hat Yai to Mae Hong Son via issan. As many back roads as possible. I suggested a big bike for me and small for Mrs. She doesn't like the idea. She would agree to a car.

People have lost their sense of adventure.

Honestly, I came on here thinking it was about more than a drive through the back country roads.

BTW your wife is sensible. Putting her on a small bike to do that is just nasty.

I had a dream of living in Thailand till I passed away while in bed with at least 3 lovely Thai maidens.

At least I am able to still dream about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, save the frogs said:

I am.

I am getting an Apple Vision Pro to ESCAPE Aseasnnow and the real world.

Why is the guy on the right side of the picture spending time looking at some stupid vdo when he could be having a good time for real? He must be a loser.

8 hours ago, save the frogs said:

I am.

I am getting an Apple Vision Pro to ESCAPE Aseasnnow and the real world.

Why is the guy on the right side of the picture spending time looking at some stupid vdo when he could be having a good time for real? He must be a loser.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

My dream is to only have posters on ASEAN who are rational, logical, respectful, and have verifiable facts to back up their opinions. Who can convey those opinions without causing eyestrain.

You are planning on leaving AN then?

:sorry: Just couldn't resist.

• Love It 1

9 hours ago, uttradit said:

Just do something. 

I did a lot of somethings in my life; certainly more than most. The only something I missed out on was going to war ( I was on my way to Vietnam and NZ ended it's participation there ), and in hindsight that was probably a good thing.

There does come a time when doing something is satisfied by having a long lie down, reading a good book, watching an enjoyable movie or looking at a lovely sunset though.

Thailand plans (if I can be fully @rsed:

Try every 5* restaurant in Bangkok (11 left to go)

Learn enough Thai language to talk to Thai people about their folk religion beliefs.

Get a useless advanced degree from Chunglakorn for networking purposes.

Go to Koh Lipe (the last hold out).

My dream would for annual extensions to be and the Thai Government to grow some balls and stop lying to everyone every year about the thick smoke that is being burnt here, stating that it is coming from neighbouring countries and apply heavy fines to sugarcane factories that keep accepting burnt sugarcane.

While they are at it, they can also fine and put farmers in prison who start those fires so that I can walk to the front gate at 6am to unlock it, as I do every morning, but without coughing and splattering. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, uttradit said:

So go for a month and sleep with other women? I could do that but that wouldn't be the right thing to do.

I didn't say anything about doing that. Again, you are making stuff up. Following your dreams of adventure is the right thing to do. 

19 hours ago, QuantumQuandry said:

Feels like OP is not satisfied with his life and projecting it on to everyone else.

True. To sum up the thread:

image.jpeg.0e6370511f559e3fa5dc1a09566cfe96.jpeg

Otherwise, you're simply waiting for death, LOL. It's one of those usual attempts by posters to justify their existence.

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

If you already drove around Thailand once (or more than once), stem to stern, why do you need to do it repeatedly? 

Does Roi Et change dramatically from visit to visit? Or were there just too many Roi Et attractions to take in in one go?

I can see going to Paris a few times, but being Nan-ophile is a baffler.

• Thumbs Up 1