Thaksin sparks online debates for being released on parole

webfact

27 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Works every time,.....!?!?,....and in most country's !

2 hours ago, connda said:

Captain Obvious is wondering.  If Thaksin had to be hospitalized for six months because he is in such serious condition, then why was he released to his home instead of being released to the care of another hospital specializing in heart care?

😁 "Because he'll receive extra-special care with the finest of doctors right at home.  Don't ya know?"

Of course.  Yep.  Uh-huh.  🙄 

let's hope he's as sick as the image he is trying to portray. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, TTSIssues said:

I thought he had a heart condition? How does a cast and neck brace help that? My medical knowledge is not great. 

He does have a heart condition. Heart lazy, sorry! I couldn't resist that.

39 minutes ago, Artisi said:

seems thaksin and his merry men can make / have / will up their own rules as well - so please explain the difference.

Thaksin didn't put 250 army Senators in place to support his Government?:-

"In accordance with the 2017 constitution of Thailand, the Senate is a non-partisan legislative chamber, composed of 250 members. There are no elections for the Senate – all 250 Senators are appointed by the Royal Thai Military."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, TTSIssues said:

I thought he had a heart condition? How does a cast and neck brace help that? My medical knowledge is not great. 

They even messed up the simplest childrens song and got it all wrong trying to cover it up

Photo op with no mask but a neck brace for show,The sling another prop.By the pool and no other supports,he looks real unhealthy. A few weeks time he will be looking like new thanks to the magic doctors did to get him better.Next one is the sister to get the same deal like him.I just wonder what the thais think about this  as some has said what can we do maybe in 4yrs time

• Agree 1

Had he not of been guaranteed his freedom he would of never returned the military had no option but to do a deal with his party to stop Move Forward taking charge of running the government Next month the senators lose there position in government go to be interesting what dodgy deals will be done 

4 hours ago, Artisi said:

seems thaksin and his merry men can make / have / will up their own rules as well - so please explain the difference.

Rewrote the constitution to their own liking, including the 250 senators.

He had to leave the country for 15 years. Do don't ever remember these coup leaders or any of them having to leave their home country or risk going to jail for some trumped up charges that the military never has to stand for themselves.

I think, other than that, yes these situations ae both about people with a lot of power and money being able to make their own rules.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Denim said:

Not as humiliating as yet another coup with the miscreants granting themselves immunity from any future prosecution.

Which is why the country should declare the last coup illegal, imprison for life the coup leaders and supporters, and remove all appointments to political positions made since. Then restart elections and move forward.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

The guys got such a big head now he needs a neck brace to hold it up lol!  Shame on you Thailand.

The big head might be the cause of his degenerative spine and herniated discs, or it could be old age.

4 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Photo op with no mask but a neck brace for show,The sling another prop.By the pool and no other supports,he looks real unhealthy. A few weeks time he will be looking like new thanks to the magic doctors did to get him better.Next one is the sister to get the same deal like him.I just wonder what the thais think about this  as some has said what can we do maybe in 4yrs time

Recovery at home with the proper care is faster than being couped up in a hospital.

It's all perfectly lawful and above-board. HM the King (no one else) reduced his sentence from 8 years to 12 months. Therefore he was entitled to parole after 6 months, regardless of his physical condition. And, he is over 70 years of age, therefore (Like all over 70's) too old to need an ankle monitor.

Good luck to any members here who would like to question the decision of His Majesty Maha Vajiralongkorn.

My tongue is firmly in my cheek.

14 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Humiliating for Thailand on the world stage ....!!!

Since you are not Thai, I assume, then it should be none of your concern. Anyway, at least Thaksin did 15 years of (golden,admittedly) exile. Many first world countries have current/past leaders and first rank politicians who did far worse than Thaksin and yet were never sentenced, maybe we should feel more humiliated by that.

The whole thing makes no sense; UNLESS Toadie is blackmailing the chap higher up the totem pole. When they were both resident in Europe the Toad must have got inside the enemies camp and got enough dirt for a rainy day; which has now come. There is no other possible explanation.

20 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Humiliating for Thailand on the world stage ....!!!

So he used his office to make money. Every US president, apart from Trump, has left office 5 times richer than when they went in. The Bristish PMs have made millions while in office, Sunak has become a millionaire while in office and his wife's businesses Received a 50% increase from the public sector in 2023, Government contracts paid for by the taxpayer. Now funding a war in Ukraine because of the natural resources there. Last but not least, Biden and Hunter Biden using Oval office to make millions. the only one they went for was trump, because with trump in the office, there would be no war in Ukraine.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

So he used his office to make money. Every US president, apart from Trump, has left office 5 times richer than when they went in. The Bristish PMs have made millions while in office, Sunak has become a millionaire while in office and his wife's businesses Received a 50% increase from the public sector in 2023, Government contracts paid for by the taxpayer. Now funding a war in Ukraine because of the natural resources there. Last but not least, Biden and Hunter Biden using Oval office to make millions. the only one they went for was trump, because with trump in the office, there would be no war in Ukraine.  

Still does not make it right, his main fault was blatancy, of which he was definitely at fault.

18 hours ago, sambum said:

Really? Where "democratic" elections are pointless, and the Military led Government can make up their own rules and regulations as they see fit?

It sounds a lot like the "Guided Democracy" of Indonesia a few years back.  The people were not ready, they needed to be assisted in democracy, while those in power and graciously assisting, extracted as many dollars and cents as they possibly could from the country.  Which reminds me, what happened to all those stuffed suitcases Scrooge McThaksin reportedly ran off with?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sambum said:

Thaksin didn't put 250 army Senators in place to support his Government?:-

"In accordance with the 2017 constitution of Thailand, the Senate is a non-partisan legislative chamber, composed of 250 members. There are no elections for the Senate – all 250 Senators are appointed by the Royal Thai Military."

But weren't they useful when the establishment looked like they were going to get their collective ar&e's kicked by the upstart newcomers, and don't think Thaksin and the brown-nosing followers wouldn't stack the senate if they were given the chance. 

38 minutes ago, Artisi said:

But weren't they useful when the establishment looked like they were going to get their collective ar&e's kicked by the upstart newcomers, and don't think Thaksin and the brown-nosing followers wouldn't stack the senate if they were given the chance. 

Very useful indeed! Which is why the Constitution was altered (democratically - not) by the junta and they were put there in the first place!

Taksin's sentencing was political in the first place....as with many other politicians and the like.

It is quite normal for high ranking people to get daft sentences and then with a change in politics the sentences are reduced or made more lenient. A total u-turn would mean loss of face for the judiciary or other VIPs... so what is happening is quite normal for Thailand. It may rub against the grain fir those who value democracy, but that isn't an issue in Thailand 

hotchilli, I agree with you 100 percent. I am more concerned that

the Red Bull Boss, is still running around the world free, even if

there was lots of money spent. Thaksin is home again, and is

able to see his family once again. At least he came back to Thailand.