Pit Bull Breeder Killed by his own dogs

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

the dog owner is responsible to keep his dog on a leash and locked securely in a yard or cage,  away from anyone

And if you do that you get a loads of gormless chumps saying "he must be dangerous, you'd let him roam the streets free otherwise" :laugh:.

Same as if this dog below bit someone they'd call for PitBulls to be eradicated, despite the fact it is a Cane Corso.:laugh:

image.png.d93ca2d0831f3eb604984c39e14142f4.png

Or this one, despite it being a Presa Canario.:laugh:

image.png.4c328bf44757f4079ad1d48fe949213b.png

Can't fix ignorant. As this thread so perfectly demonstrates. 😃

• Agree 1

I once got this advice from a vet. When a pitbull bites and gets a hold of you (like your arm or something) apparently his jaws lock and it’s impossible to get your arm out again. The only way to deal with this is to lift the dog up and violently slam its body into a wall or a tree or whatever until the dog loses consciousness (or is dead), and the jaws unlock. I kid you not.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/20/2024 at 12:42 PM, steven100 said:

Just goes to show you just never know when this outlawed breed will turn on you .....

Pit Bull Breeder Killed By His Dogs In His Backyard, Police Say

Complex
Tue, February 20, 2024

A Los Angeles-based Pit Bull breeder met a violent end when he was killed by his dogs in his backyard.

Per KTLA, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department responded to a call from a friend of the deceased who discovered his body at around 7 a.m. local time on Friday, February 16. According to investigators, the attack on the man is suspected to have happened the previous evening. "He was feeding the dogs at which point maybe there was an altercation between some of the dogs and [they] ultimately attacked and mauled the victim," said the LASD Homicide Bureau's Michael Gomez.

The 35-year-old, who has not been identified, was said to live alone and died in one of the kennels on his property after bleeding out. Authorities confirmed there were five adult dogs in the backyard alongside eight puppies, all of whom were agitated as responding officers, firefighters, and the L.A. County Animal Care & Control department attempted to recover each of the dogs individually.

And I hope they put down all dogs????😳

1 minute ago, rudi49jr said:

I once got this advice from a vet. When a pitbull bites and gets a hold of you (like your arm or something) apparently his jaws lock and it’s impossible to get your arm out again. The only way to deal with this is to lift the dog up and violently slam its body into a wall or a tree or whatever until the dog loses consciousness (or is dead), and the jaws unlock. I kid you not.

Another barstool myth that the uneducated repeat and the foolish believe. :laugh:

"Pitbulls" jaws do not "lock". Their bone structure is the same as any other dog. 

image.png.6bfd63bbd508947f698c5035fa2c3249.png

https://www.k9magazine.com/pit-bull-locking-jaw-myth/

image.png.f58ab9cc7d5fad26687af09d2c0f3a02.png

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Another barstool myth that the uneducated repeat and the foolish believe. :laugh:

"Pitbulls" jaws do not "lock". Their bone structure is the same as any other dog. 

image.png.6bfd63bbd508947f698c5035fa2c3249.png

https://www.k9magazine.com/pit-bull-locking-jaw-myth/

image.png.f58ab9cc7d5fad26687af09d2c0f3a02.png

I got this advice from a vet many years ago, and I assumed he knew what he was talking about. i stand corrected.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

not all dogs ... just the savage pit bulls.

Like this one?

Don't tell me, if this dog bit you, you wouldn't even mention savage PitBulls and would immediately call for a cull on the Ca De Bou (which I very much doubt you'd previously heard of)  :laugh:

image.png.e900855e571ca8e6354e9ea5f5ad8e97.png

1 minute ago, rudi49jr said:

I got this advice from a vet many years ago, and I assumed he knew what he was talking about. i stand corrected.

That's the problem, people repeat things without doing the research, others believe it and you end up with threads like this one :laugh:.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not quite true… they have a bigger cranial ridge amongst other things that along with significantly more powerful musculature enables a far greater bite force - hence their ability to bite & hold (which’s lends to the locking myth you mention).

It’s obvious you want to defend pitbull breeds, but you are doing so at any cost to a valid argument you may have.

I’ve seen these lovely loyal dogs with excellent owners…. and, I see the attraction. But, society on a whole is at greater risk when there is no control, because, when these breeds more than any other are not trained very well to their needs the stats show how significantly worse the consequences are - on a societal level, that becomes unarguable on a logical levels 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

On 2/20/2024 at 1:25 PM, JonnyF said:

Another clueless backyard breeder. 

Great dogs. Mine is currently watching (supervising) the builders doing our extension.

Such a good boy. Handsome too  :smile:

image.png.3a1dd462e3ff2e7c483e98c39060f3ab.png

Just weighing up the fattest builder.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not quite true… they have a bigger cranial ridge amongst other things that along with significantly more powerful musculature enables a far greater bite force - hence their ability to bite & hold (which’s lends to the locking myth you mention).

It’s obvious you want to defend pitbull breeds, but you are doing so at any cost to a valid argument you may have.

I’ve seen these lovely loyal dogs with excellent owners…. and, I see the attraction. But, society on a whole is at greater risk when there is no control, because, when these breeds more than any other are not trained very well to their needs the stats show how significantly worse the consequences are - on a societal level, that becomes unarguable on a logical levels 

More rubbish.

These "Pitbulls" you speak of (which is a broad classification of several breeds, it's not even a breed) cannot "lock their jaws" and are not even significantly more powerful, in fact they barely make the top 10 for bite strength.

https://wagwalking.com/breed/top-dog-breeds-with-the-strongest-jaws

They don't have any type of locking mechanism. Their bone structure is the same as any other dog and their bite not even as strong as a bog standard Mastiff or German Shephard.

49 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

I once got this advice from a vet. When a pitbull bites and gets a hold of you (like your arm or something) apparently his jaws lock and it’s impossible to get your arm out again.

That's a myth and total tosh. And I don't believe a vet told you that.

MYTH: Pit Bulls have locking jaws. Reality: Pit Bulls do not have any special physical mechanism or enzyme that allows them to “lock” their jaws. If you compare a Pit Bull skull to a skull of any other dog breed, you can see with the naked eye that both skulls share the same characteristics and general bone structure.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

MYTH: Pit Bulls have locking jaws. Reality: Pit Bulls do not have any special physical mechanism or enzyme that allows them to “lock” their jaws. If you compare a Pit Bull skull to a skull of any other dog breed, you can see with the naked eye that both skulls share the same characteristics and general bone structure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

My dog is not stupid enough, to go near builders working with power tools.

Mine neither.

We all know it is locked in aa cage because it is dangerous and would probably be aggressive towards them but it's fun to watch the poster try to justify it with nonsensical reasons. Also I am sure the cage wasn't suddenly constructed just for this building project....

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

They don't have any type of locking mechanism. Their bone structure is the same as any other dog and their bite not even as strong as a bog standard Mastiff or German Shephard.

Yet they still manage to kill dozens of people each year and rip faces off babies. So it doesn't really matter if their jaws "lock" when doing it to me, it's a pointless argument, it's the inherent aggression in the breed along with their power.

19 hours ago, sungod said:

I have found that the majority of people who make posts like this suffer from small dick syndrome and find internet forums as a place where they can make up for their inadequacies. 

The truth hurts as you just proved.

23 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

I have found that most of the people who have these dogs have an inferiority complex. It has something to do with being picked on when they were children for being small and boring.

I have noticed that also, these people seem to have a chip on their shoulder and suffer from a lack of self esteem.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:21 PM, josephbloggs said:

The usual idiots will be along soon to say their pitbulls can sleep with babies and wouldn't hurt a fly. I am sure this guy said the same.

The same kind of idiots who say guns don't kill people....

"The same kind of idiots who say guns don't kill people...."

They don't! I guarantee if you buy one today and lock it in your safe, it'll be there indefinitely without causing you any harm whatever. Using your reasoning, the same could be said about a broom handle. Bring a pitbull back to your home and the same can't be said.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:25 PM, JonnyF said:

Another clueless backyard breeder. 

Great dogs. Mine is currently watching (supervising) the builders doing our extension.

Such a good boy. Handsome too  :smile:

image.png.3a1dd462e3ff2e7c483e98c39060f3ab.png

He's thinking "Dinner".

anything that looks remotely like a pit bull ....  get rid of them,  don't wait until some poor kid is attacked and mauled to death.

if it walks like a duck,  quacks like a duck,  then it must be a duck ...... 

Pit bulls are genetically selected and bred to be aggressive. The weaker ones get weeded out in the pits where they fight, hence the name PIT bull.

It should come as no surprise they occasionally attack an owner, family friend or complete stranger. It's what they are bred for, and trained to do.

IMO anyone who owns a pit bull, owns a lethal weapon. They should get the same penalties under the law as anyone wielding a gun.

• Agree 1

On 2/20/2024 at 1:23 PM, Bassosa said:

Dog owners don't kill people, dogs do.

Indirectly, yes they do.

If the wukfits didn't buy the disgusting vermin creatures in the first place then they wouldn't kill people.

People's fault - Clear cut.

By 'people', I mean the dumbest people on the planet who seem to think they're 'clever', 'tough' or, unbeknown to them - 'downright stupid'!

These vermin are killers.