New Requirement at CW for extension of stay??

I just returned from CW and asked the front desk for the latest TM7. When I mentioned it was for extension based on Retirement, the officer also handed me the attach "Statement" form. I have never seen this before nor seen it mentioned anywhere.

Who is supposed to complete it as a "guarantor"?

Are they supposed to come to the Immigration Interview with me to present it?

The list keeps growing.

Statement.pdf

I think that's the STM.3, been around for a few years. One of the four ancillary documents most of us pre-fill, sign, and include in our packages.

It's you, self-guaranteeing who you are. I think.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1

That form is typically used for a marriage extension of stay.  I expect the person at the Info desk just handed you the several forms most people will need for their next extension....to include some form(s) that may not apply to every type of  extension.  Call it a Care Package of forms....some will apply to your particular extension and others may not.

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, I haven't seen that form.

I've been filling in that form for the past FOUR years at CW since 2020 to be exact. I haven't seen this exact format before though which looks the same as I have word for word except the English is done in a different font in the OP attachment.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, freeworld said:

My wife fills that form every renewal for a few years now, she is the guatantor.

I just keep it filled digitally, changing the date each year. Same same for the other three extra forms.

• Like 1

I was given this form a few years ago at Buriram Chang Stadium IO. It was part of a pack of forms they gave me when I enquired about the requirements for an extension of stay based on marriage. It was for the wife to complete.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

At CW, the first time I encountered this form a few years back (2019 or 2020 I think) the IO handed me this form and asked me to fill it in. I was applying for an ext stay/ret. I have submitted this form at each subsequent extension, and it has been accepted.

Thanks everyone. I was also handed "Acknowledgement of  T&C's" and "Acknowledgement of Overstay Penalties" forms. Good grief. What will they think of next? I am glad I took the trek out to CW yesterday as there is NO documented printout lists available to prepare someone for all this.

Ive done the  marriage visa for over 15  years at Hua  Hin, first year had total %$^t of an Officer, wife  complained and it  got  passed as the officer said one photo did not include  ALL the bed, ridiculous what thats  supposed to prove with 10% of the bed  missing?, theyve been ok ever  since UNTIL last week , we normally  go in twice, once to check what they need the day before  "this year "and the next to actually  do it. That paper is normal now.

Went in as normal  on day before it was due , was  told  the  bank letter was  ok  from that date for tomorow and now told you dont need the witness to be there physically as  has been the case for the last 2  years.

Went in the next day and the officer that told us wasnt  in, but now it WASNT ok for either, new  bloke never  seen him before, then he starts  saying we need an electric  bill with the Wifes  name on and her name must be on the tabian baan with me ? I have a  yellow  book and she owns 10 condo;s and moves her name round when she wants to sell one, something about tax , dont ask me.

Anyway she said this to him and "eventually" it got  done. But whats normally a  fairly  quick if lengthy paperwork exercise  took 4  hours.

I think the guy was  just a <deleted> this  year but who knows......also were "offered"  one of their witnesses, so the whole  things a  farce really and  a  money making op now. In the end we  called our policemans  wife as witness and went an got her gave her 500 baht and lunch for her  time.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

52 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

Thanks everyone. I was also handed "Acknowledgement of  T&C's" and "Acknowledgement of Overstay Penalties" forms. Good grief. What will they think of next? I am glad I took the trek out to CW yesterday as there is NO documented printout lists available to prepare someone for all this.

The forms have been in use for "many" years and typically a person only saw/signed them when the IO produced the form and said sign this "during the few minutes you are setting at the IO desk as the IO reviews, stamps, & fondles your extension application."    The applicant typically just glances at the form to get a general idea of what the form is for and to make sure what they are signing is not their death warrant....sign, hand back to the IO, and the IO paperclips it to other known or mysterious forms.   And from year to year sometimes the forms they wanted you to signed varied a little...sign a form this year but not the next, don't remember seeing this form before, etc....always changing a little due to unknown reasons.

Sometimes at the end of the interview the IO might give you a Care Package of blank forms for next year's renewal....or if asking the Info/Help Desk they may give you a Care Package of forms typically needed for most applications...some of the forms may not be needed for your particular applications and some may not.   I expect most IOs and Help Desks do "not" automatically hand out blank forms for next year's application simply because they don't want to more money than they have to on blank forms since many applicants would simply lose the forms before they got around to filling them out a  year later.  Or, the IO/Help Desk knows there a fair chance a new/different form might be required for next year so whay waist time handling out a blank form for next year that my not be used or be updated for next year .

When I was doing my annual retirement/marriage extensions of stays at CW for around 15 years running maybe every 3 or 4 years the IO would give me blank forms for next year's application...forms I usually lost before the next application as I would always just pull-up the forms I had saved on my computer and complete them when it came time for the next application.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoutman360 said:

There are a lot of great, detailed "trip reports" posted in this sub-forum. Some detail the exact documents needed, down to the ordering of the documents.

A search would probably reveal helpful information.

I rely on these and offer my experiences if different to help others.

IMO it is better to have too many documents.

• Like 1