Bank printout must show every transaction?

Type O visa extension funds in bank 2 months printout must show every transaction? I feel I failed and should have just put the funds in savings or a different account, but nope.

The bank has hundreds of transactions and the online statement shows many people's names. Lots of bars, clubs, weed shops, and friends' names.

I'm 100% legal but I really don't want to share all this information with anyone.

Can I ask the bank for a printout without names and places? Can I give a partial printout of the date of deposit and the balance to date? Any info is appreciated.

• Haha 2

I think that is best having separate accounts for your everyday, and other accounts for conversations with Authorities.

I was not aware of any  need to show every transaction.

I agree with your sentiment of not wanting to give someone your entire irrelevant to subject in hand, details. 

Though in the UK I'm trying to arrange the UK end to have two silo accounts that could potentially be involved in a future tax discussion.  Keeping most daily UK transactions separate, even just from the point of view of less pages to look at.

I thought it was just either regular transfers in or balance that they wanted to confirm, to demonstrate they  meet the appropriate  threshold....(?)

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

I agree with your sentiment of not wanting to give someone your entire irrelevant to subject in hand, details. 

What bank statement provides those details. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Good post.

That's correct. Not really sure what the OP is pointing out. 

In the app you can request statement. The app sends you a file from the dates you selected and this shows all info. Shows name location time date. I was not sure if this is the same as what the bank would give. The file looks the same as something mailed through the post. 

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Email? 

Go to bank and request 12 month statement.

Immigration will not accept statement without bank stamp .

Your posts misleading. 

Ok I will ... and how is a question misleading ? I asked and people answer. First guy answered and said "They won't accept one though printed from your online banking. "   ...exactly the info I needed. 

• Agree 1

You are actually going to have to submit a number of other documents, besides just the 12 month bank statement, both financial and personal related.

Have you applied for an extension of a one year visa before and do you know all the document requirements? 

Edited by ABCDBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2024 at 9:11 PM, chrischronic said:

Type O visa extension funds in bank 2 months printout must show every transaction? I feel I failed and should have just put the funds in savings or a different account, but nope.

The bank has hundreds of transactions and the online statement shows many people's names. Lots of bars, clubs, weed shops, and friends' names.

I'm 100% legal but I really don't want to share all this information with anyone.

Can I ask the bank for a printout without names and places? Can I give a partial printout of the date of deposit and the balance to date? Any info is appreciated.

"Can I ask the bank for a printout without names and places?"  Here's a silly idea, but it just might work. Ask the bank !

On 2/24/2024 at 9:29 PM, ABCDBKK said:

If this a 1 year extension of a previous 1 year extension then they will quite possibly want a 12 month statement showing every transaction to be sure your balance never dropped below the required minimum amount. 

They won't accept one though printed from your online banking. You will need an official one printed by the bank no older than a week from your extension application date.

The ones from the bank usually only show transaction amount, date, and type of transaction. Usually it doesn't show payee or payer.

In the future use a different bank account for your daily expenses. Could even setup a separate account at the same bank just for that. This way in the future your 12 month statement won't show anything more than the ongoing balance and the interest deposits.  

I had a 12 month statement accepted at Chiang Mai immigration a few weeks back that I downloaded myself from internet banking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, itsari said:

I had a 12 month statement accepted at Chiang Mai immigration a few weeks back that I downloaded myself from internet banking. 

Did you get the stamped letter from the bank confirming your balance?

On 2/24/2024 at 11:04 PM, chrischronic said:

Ok I will ... and how is a question misleading ? I asked and people answer. First guy answered and said "They won't accept one though printed from your online banking. "   ...exactly the info I needed. 

He mean you printing it from your online banking acct...or you printing from an emailed 12 month history. They won't accept these.

Must be done officially at the bank. 

On 2/24/2024 at 10:19 PM, DrJack54 said:

What bank statement provides those details. 

Same question.

I recently got a one year statement from Bangkok Bank and expected(!) to see some details. But no, not much more than the bank book entries.

6 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Bangkok Bank branches can only issue such Bank transactions statement for 6 months

A poster recently stated that immigration was ok with two 6 months statements which would save you waiting.

Just another visit to the branch.

The whole system and form of the statements is antiquated compared to what I was used to western banks.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another trap that you can fall in with the bankbook: if you have many transactions and do not update/print regularly you get a CMB (combined) entry which can raise eyebrows at immigration.

What has happened during the combined period?

Probably best to request a one year statement routinely?

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 2/24/2024 at 9:29 PM, ABCDBKK said:

They won't accept one though printed from your online banking. You will need an official one printed by the bank no older than a week from your extension application date.

Not entirely true, it depends on the Imm Office. I use my online banking to print my own bank statements (in colour) each year since it became necessary to produce bank statements for seasoning purposes. I take the final page of the statement to the bank for them to stamp and sign. Never had any issues with Imm about my statements.

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Dan O said:

He said he printed it himself and got all the details and he also asked should he go to the bank instead to get the statement printout.

And I answered his question with....

"Go to bank and request 12 month statement.

Immigration will not accept statement without bank stamp"

Years ago I had a foreign currency account at a bank in Thailand where the bank sent me actual monthly statements in the mail. I had presented these statements at CW, but they wouldn't accept them. These were real bank statements printed by the bank and not me, but they still wanted new statements, actually printed by one of the bank branches itself. Perhaps some other immigration offices are different, but at CW they definitely will only accept statements printed by a bank branch itself, from my personal experience at that time. So the bank reprinted all 12 monthly statements for me because they were not able to create a 6 or 12 month statement on the account. Perhaps things have changed since then, but I would be surprised.  

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2024 at 9:40 PM, UKresonant said:

I think that is best having separate accounts for your everyday, and other accounts for conversations with Authorities.

I was not aware of any  need to show every transaction.

Though in the UK I'm trying to arrange the UK end to have two silo accounts that could potentially be involved in a future tax discussion.  Keeping most daily UK transactions separate, even just from the point of view of less pages to look at.

I thought it was just either regular transfers in or balance that they wanted to confirm, to demonstrate they  meet the appropriate  threshold....(?)

I get mine from Bangkok bank every year takes a few days for the one year acount and then the letter. People get in such a huff over stuff you got to do. Start paying cash if you do not want people seeing your account. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

And I answered his question with....

"Go to bank and request 12 month statement.

Immigration will not accept statement without bank stamp"

and you added that his post was misleading , which it was not and unnecessary for you to add that

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, moe666 said:

I get mine from Bangkok bank every year takes a few days for the one year acount and then the letter. People get in such a huff over stuff you got to do. Start paying cash if you do not want people seeing your account. 

Just open two accounts . One for general living expenses and one for larger amounts for immigration purposes.

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Just open two accounts . One for general living expenses and one for larger amounts for immigration purposes.

In case you have one Thai Bank-Account where you keep the required funds to meet the financial requirements for your Non Imm O  or O-A retirement based Permission to stay, it is indeed recommended to open a 2nd bank-account solely for  Immigration purposes.  Opening a Fixed Deposit Account would be the logical choice for such dedicated Bank-Account for immigration purposes.

However, to avoid slipping under the 800K tresshold (which is the minimum amount required during the first 3 months and last 2 months of the Non Imm O retirement based Permission to stay), it is recommended to transfer the funds in two steps. 

Once you are over the 3 month period in which +800K is required and it is allowed to lower to 400K, you can transfer a first batch of 405K from your original account to the new FD account (while ensuring that you stay well over 400K on your original account).  Then wait a couple of days and once the 405K has been confirmed on that new FD-Account, then in course of the following days transfer 400K, so that you now have a balance of 805.000,- THB on that FD-account. 

This avoids that you temporary would not be meeting the tresshold fund requirement while your 'funds are in cyber-space' between the moment of transfer and arrival. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Always keep the deposit fund in a separate account, it makes it much easier for everybody. And if you can afford it, just place the fund in a 12-month fixed account for best interest and sleeping well, knowing that the money is always there.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1