How Safe Are You - Living in Thailand?

19 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Sounds like waste of the limited time we got left, 

It's not about being a boring or masochistic guy. When your skint there's no choice. Livin' on a government pension. Waitin' for that check deposit each month. No champaigne wishes and caviar dreams await. That's TV. When you can afford dental implants and a nice steak that's what dreams are made of. Welcome to your retirement, you deserve it. You got's cheap eats, clean tank tops and free time. You can have a beer anytime 24/7. Thanks for your service, buddy.

Edited by JimTripper

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Like worrying about climate and wars.

Different from being aware and aknownledge the facts, than being scared. 

Im not leaving anyone behind me, and happy to leave anytime without any regret.

Edited by Hummin

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

It's not about being a boring or masochistic guy. When your skint there's no choice. Livin' on a government pension. Waitin' for that check deposit each month. No champaigne wishes and caviar dreams await. That's TV. When you can afford dental implants and a nice steak that's what dreams are made of. Welcome to your retirement, you deserve it.

Everyone have to take what we got. Christ sake had a hole life to prepare.

I know S Happens , but most had time to think little bit, plan, and be ready for the later years. Not all but most. And suddenly their time came, to early 

Most of those who get lost, was already lost from beginning of, 

Sorry to say,  and aso know some never had a chance, but still.

What is retirement? Campagne, cheap girls, dancing around a pole in chang tank top? A mansion in the wife name? Start drinking before lunch?

• Agree 1

Turn of the computer and stop watching all the propaganda. Especially from the USA. Fox news, CNN and the rest of these politcally biased so called news media outlets are designed to propagate fear. Turn of t the computer, go outside and ask yourself. How is it out here? More than likely no tanks are rolling down your Soi.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Everyone have to take what we got. Christ sake had a hole life to prepare.

I know S Happens , but most had time to think little bit, plan, and be ready for the later years. Not all but most. And suddenly their time came, to early 

Most of those who get lost, was already lost from beginning of, 

Sorry to say,  and aso know some never had a chance, but still.

What is retirement? Campagne, cheap girls, dancing around a pole in chang tank top? A mansion in the wife name? Start drinking before lunch?

I always wanted to be sailing around on a yacht somewhere eating lobster and drinking champagne. I wanted a life at sea. When that was well and done I wanted a large mansion by the ocean to recover from my travels and to rest. You can throw a nice wife in there and maybe a couple kids as well. No big d food court for me or immigration hassles. I'm a man of leisure and means. What happened to my dream?

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

It's not about being a boring or masochistic guy. When your skint there's no choice. Livin' on a government pension. Waitin' for that check deposit each month. No champaigne wishes and caviar dreams await. That's TV. When you can afford dental implants and a nice steak that's what dreams are made of. Welcome to your retirement, you deserve it. You got's cheap eats, clean tank tops and free time. You can have a beer anytime 24/7. Thanks for your service, buddy.

Beer isnt cheap in Thailand. I think drinking is expensive.

51 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I always wanted to be sailing around on a yacht somewhere eating lobster and drinking champagne. I wanted a life at sea. When that was well and done I wanted a large mansion by the ocean to recover from my travels and to rest. You can throw a nice wife in there and maybe a couple kids as well. No big d food court for me or immigration hassles. I'm a man of leisure and means. What happened to my dream?

I don't know. What happened? How much do you spend a day on average?

10 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Damn Media   why  do they tell us about conflicts around the world.

So we can appreciate the status Q wherever we are ourside the conflict zones, but Im not sure it working. 

Wining, complaining, devided and concused everywhere, even they have everything they need for a good life right where they are.

Everyonen have their own little bubble

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Buddhist monks don't have much. At least the junior ones who don't steal.

On 2/25/2024 at 4:04 PM, Dolf said:

Global warming would make northern countries more liveable. They are currently freezing. 

Global warming in the North could lead to a collapse of the gulf stream - as described in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow". I wouldn't like to live then in the North.  

3 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Global warming in the North could lead to a collapse of the gulf stream - as described in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow". I wouldn't like to live then in the North.  

Yes movies are so realistic.

17 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Not if people start running low on money and supplies. You would be a primary target for theft, scams and the associated risks that come with it. I would not want to be in a "rural area" in that situation. Look at Venezuela and the scene there due to inflation. No way would you want to be an outsider there. War tends to cut off supply routes and the availability of goods and people start getting nasty.

While I agree with what you're saying fundamentally, Latin America has a considerably higher level of violence then Thailand does, especially in regard to the locals preying on foreigners. Granted there's a lot of craziness here Thai on Thai, but foreigners seem to be left alone for the most part. That could change if things get really crazy, but I still think that a rural area or a small town is far preferable to a big city and I think most would agree. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2024 at 6:06 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Its becoming more dangerous with all the foreigners arriving with mental health issues. Very dangerous now. 

Should test all foreigners before awarding long term visas. 

Oh dear, so many people with mental illness. 

Thailand, very safe, but sadly nutjob foreigners are making it dangerous.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

On 2/25/2024 at 9:31 PM, MangoKorat said:

Look around the world - I'm simply commenting on how things are.

It's either going to happen or it's not. What is the point of worrying about it? That's not going to make any difference at all. Worry about what you can change.

On 2/27/2024 at 4:15 PM, Dolf said:

Yes movies are so realistic.

Nothing to do with movies. If the Gulf Stream collapses for whatever reason ( and it could happen ) it will make Britain colder, which should shut up the Brits wobbling on about man made climate change making the world too hot.

Pity they wasted all their North Sea oil, so they don't have it to keep themselves warm. 555555555555

On 2/27/2024 at 3:07 AM, JimTripper said:

If you want a happy retirement forget the wife and rug rats. It's only a 50% chance the wife works out and given we can't punish the little monsters anymore the chances they'll be nice is a lot less than 50%, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nearly 70 now, been with my wife 15 years, my son is 12. I'm doing ok, about as happy as any pensioner could be.

I'm certainly living a better retirement than I ever imagined.

So you came out on the up side of 50% in LOS. You didn't in the UK, though, and your Brit kids don't talk to you ( from what you said before ).

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So you came out on the up side of 50% in LOS. You didn't in the UK, though, and your Brit kids don't talk to you ( from what you said before ).

Thought we were discussing retirement?

From what I've seen most kids ignore their parents after they've left home, maybe a couple of phone calls a year and one afternoon visit ........

Back to the op,

Don't really care, too old now, no future for me.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

I dearly hope the mad brute, the US, will be brought down so their agenda to enforce 'our values' (which basically just means,... just check which flags were flying at the US embassies) and the endless war mongering will come to an end.

China's smart, they are just throwing money at everybody while the US has just intimidation tactics and IMF debt slavery. Thailand thankfully decoupling already from the US, unfortunately the Phillipines doesn't and pays the price for it by becoming the region's poorest country.

Edited by AreYouGerman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Thought we were discussing retirement?

From what I've seen most kids ignore their parents after they've left home, maybe a couple of phone calls a year and one afternoon visit ........

Back to the op,

Don't really care, too old now, no future for me.

I was discussing the odds of hooking up with a decent woman as opposed to a rotten one, which is 50% or less. Irrelevant to age or work.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you want a happy retirement forget the wife and rug rats. It's only a 50% chance the wife works out and given we can't punish the little monsters anymore the chances they'll be nice is a lot less than 50%, IMO.

Says allot about you as a husband... doesn't it!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

K, so the answer in no chance as there are no decent women, you may find one you think is decent, but if you both live long enough you'll find out she wasn't. Your best hope is one of you dying before she decides to betray you.

Somewhat bitter.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I love that! Except I think the chances to get a wife who will stay together with her husband until the end is much, much lower. They all got the protection from the old patriarchy system because deemed the 'weaker sex' + the added societal changes which means they have the total control over basically everything and face no consequences for their behavior.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

OK, so the answer in no chance as there are no decent women, you may find one you think is decent, but if you both live long enough you'll find out she wasn't. Your best hope is one of you dying before she decides to betray you.

By decent I mean, one that will put you first, love you for yourself and care about your feelings.

They always put themselves and their children first, they have no loyalty to any man.

Boom! Facts! Love it. I am half your age and I 100% agree. It's so bad now for normal men now, it's unbelievable. White women are on the forefront of completely destroying White/Western society.

• Thanks 1