Motorbike rentals

georgegeorgia

32 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Stacks of them everywhere - open your eyes mr magoo

And yet you have no academic qualifications yet you replied to my post 

You"ve admitted on another thread you didn't even complete school

I still put a love heart in your post above however as I feel sorry that you never received a star  stamp on your hand at school .

Please read up on academia and make it part of your life ,

including Psychometrics of Air , 

the Psychometrics of toxicology the history of refrigeration and cooling etc 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

And yet you have no academic qualifications yet you replied to my post 

You"ve admitted on another thread you didn't even complete school

I still put a love heart in your post above however as I feel sorry that you never received a star  stamp on your hand at school .

Please read up on academia and make it part of your life ,

including Psychometrics of Air , 

the Psychometrics of toxicology the history of refrigeration and cooling etc 

Eh? what are you on about you forum nuisance. 

Child-like maths and simple boyle's law in your air nonsense.

Is this your level? ...the history of fridges 555

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I have this fantasy lately of running a motorbike /scooter rental in Pattaya

I never see many around anymore as much as there used to be 

But please only those with academic qualifications, could you explain to me the intricacies on how they may make a profit?

How does any business make a profit? By being busy. Buy a bike for 50,000 baht and rent it for 200 baht a day you need to rent it for 250 days to get your money back but then you have maintenance. It might not be busy more than 33% of the year so take you 2.5 years to make get money back. 

Kind of a side business to add to a guesthouse.

Go for it George ,with your business acumen I am sure you will

soon have a franchise network all over Thailand , Georges Super Bikes,

there I gave you a name for the enterprise ,but what about you ambitions

to be a Dentist , Psychiatrist , or a teacher  ....put them on hold.

George when you reach retirement age just come to Thailand ,live a frugal

life ,don't get involved in business ,the headaches are many.... 

regards Worgeordie

• Love It 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, noobexpat said:

Eh? what are you on about you forum nuisance. 

Child-like maths and simple boyle's law in your air nonsense.

Is this your level? ...the history of fridges 555

I found your post very academic and thankyou .

I was intrigued by Boyles Law you mentioned

Boyle's law is a gas law given by the Anglo-Irish chemist Robert Boyle in 1662. He stated that the pressure exerted by a gas is inversely proportional to the volume occupied by it at a constant mass and temperature.

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

I would suggest that you do not follow all the others (normal Thai business strategy) but do something different.

Either rent 3 wheelers, or electric bikes, or both, there is a market for rentals of all of these, but not readily available.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dolf said:

How does any business make a profit? By being busy. Buy a bike for 50,000 baht and rent it for 200 baht a day you need to rent it for 250 days to get your money back but then you have maintenance. It might not be busy more than 33% of the year so take you 2.5 years to make get money back. 

Kind of a side business to add to a guesthouse.

Plus it's depreciating in value all the time. You have to factor it all in.

You were asking about businesses recently I think. There's a Russian not far from me who runs a bike hire business. Has about 60 bikes I'd say. Pratamnak area. Great location. And they're opening bars and heaven knows what on Soi 6. You might learn something from them.

• Haha 2

Seems like it would be hard to collect on damaged bikes. You can't really refuse to return a passport and the courts probably are not an option.

You could ask for a hefty deposit at the time of rental but people would be hesitant about it and probably go elsewhere.

There's also the liability issue. If someone's in an accident or killed they could claim the bike had bad breaks or whatever, get a lawyer and wipe you out. Probably not worth it.

On 2/27/2024 at 5:24 AM, georgegeorgia said:

could you explain to me the intricacies on how they may make a profit?

Buy a M/C on hire purchase, 4k or less a month, Min 200b a day. Charge for any damage they can find. I'm sure the locals won't mind you stepping on their toes. :coffee1:

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Seems like it would be hard to collect on damaged bikes. You can't really refuse to return a passport and the courts probably are not an option.

You could ask for a hefty deposit at the time of rental but people would be hesitant about it and probably go elsewhere.

There's also the liability issue. If someone's in an accident or killed they could claim the bike had bad breaks or whatever, get a lawyer and wipe you out. Probably not worth it.

You don't give them your passport.

Deposit size is fairly universal, i asked a few.

Edited by noobexpat
  • Agree 1

I never leave passport or give deposit on motorbike. Car deposit 2000 to 3000 baht is normal. The cheapest Ive had is 200 baht a day, no deposit, no passport. I didnt even top up the fuel which only went down 10%.

3 hours ago, noobexpat said:

You don't give them your passport.

Deposit size is fairly universal, i asked a few.

Deposit for small scooter 1000 Baht.

Passport is copied and given back.

Contract signed and stowed under the seat.

Long term rental in Pattaya is/was ridiculously cheap. I rented for 2 years. It started at 1200 a month and went up to 2000. 6 months ago, I bought. You'll need a lot of bikes to make any money. And English speaking, trusted staff, mechanics, etc etc. And the aggravation you get from customers. Nasty, aggressive white guys.

34 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Long term rental in Pattaya is/was ridiculously cheap. I rented for 2 years. It started at 1200 a month and went up to 2000. 6 months ago, I bought. You'll need a lot of bikes to make any money. And English speaking, trusted staff, mechanics, etc etc. And the aggravation you get from customers. Nasty, aggressive white guys.

Where do you get long-term rentals for 1,200/month? What type of bike? Are we talking about a very old beat-up Honda click 125cc or Honda Scoopy?

On 2/27/2024 at 5:24 AM, georgegeorgia said:

have this fantasy lately of running a motorbike /scooter rental in Pattaya

I reckon there's better ways to earn a buck. 

Stolen..cops here won't help you 

Damaged, Broken bikes, maintenance, have you got mechanical knowledge, you probably have hire a few Thais. 

You need a shop front, staff to meet and greet, book keeping etc. 

I'd say your customers will be foreigners, too many dodgy, criminal types, unlicensed, drugged up. 

Have you thought about a beauty salon, I've got a gf with experience......555, only joking 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

2 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Walk along beach road, pattaya.

Its not hertz rent a car 😆

Yep, Thais can do that. 

I reckon a foreigner would find his bikes set alight if he tried that. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Where do you get long-term rentals for 1,200/month? What type of bike? Are we talking about a very old beat-up Honda click 125cc or Honda Scoopy?

It was during COVID. Everything was cheap then. But after COVID it went to 2k. It was a decent 125 honda click. Not the most up to date version, but a good runner. What more do you need to get around on? Pointless buying/renting anything more than that in my book.

Btw, the same place I rented from has quite a few 2023 Yamaha 125s at 39,999. Hondas at 44,999.

It was Jack's on Buakhao, next to the khao man guy shop, but his name, or nickname, is actually King. I've always known it as Jack's but they have a new shop on BK Soi 15 where the mum I think works. They had or have a tiny office also next to subway on corner of Buakhao and Diana. A family business.

Edited by bradiston

Is it an allowed occupation for foreigners? I would be surprised if bike repair & maintenance is. If not, the owner would just be supervising employees. It probably falls under 'manual work' which is prohibited.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hm, rental now, better buy land in missus name and make that farm in Isaan you dreamt about 6 years ago. 

Posted November 19, 2018

I have always dreamed of buying and retiring on a hobby farm.

i know we as farang cannot own land or a farm technically but i want to.

I would love to have chickens, pigs, roosters and grow my own veges etc 

how many of you do this ???

I do, and it is great life. Never a boring day 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dolf said:

I never leave passport or give deposit on motorbike. Car deposit 2000 to 3000 baht is normal. The cheapest Ive had is 200 baht a day, no deposit, no passport. I didnt even top up the fuel which only went down 10%.

Yours came with fuel? Last time I rented it came so low I thought they must have drained it..... had to get some in a bottle real quick!