Thai government seeks to mandate graphic warnings on alcohol products

webfact

It seems rather pointless. I drink from a glass; if people are drinking from a bottle ( which personally I dislike) then more often than not it is covered by one of those polystyrene foam sleeve things.

Still, I suppose it will give more opportunities for people to march around telling others what they should or should not be doing!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai government is in the process of developing a new regulation, requiring producers of alcoholic beverages to feature large, graphic health warnings on their products, much akin to those found on cigarette packaging.

While I don't like draconian measures that make it a "nanny state" smoking in particular tobacco and the abuse of alcohol have been clinically proven to damage ones health, leading to life threatening sickness and death.

A warning on these products is welcome, but the choice as always is up to the consumer.

The state of California has determined this product may cause cancer and could cause damage to unborn fetuses.  California requires a warning like this on just about everything, not limited to found, drink and smokables but plastics and stuff too. Thailand should these pictures on everything including all the cheap plastic products imported from China.

This is a great idea in tandem with the plan to attract more alcoholic tourists to Thailand.  

Why not also put these pictures on weed instead of recriminalizing it.  Warnings are indeed required on weed packaging in Canada and US states.  If underage kids and foreign tourists see the warnings, they will know the risks and not do too much of it.  So everything will be OK.