Maybe Thailand should follow Korea and be more selective of expats/tourists

webfact

well that article should improve relations ................... not

seems someone in this administration doesn't like foreigners or expats, since the election they have done nothing but #### them off

I have no issue screening foreigners in fact I would encourage it, but will they ?

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

There are 300,000 farangs here if that estimate is right

link please. interesting to know where this estimate stems from. a vwhile ago the numbers were given and i think your estimate is off

2 hours ago, webfact said:

values of mutual respect and understanding that are integral to Thai society

Yes theyre  right, I see that respect daily when driving.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

It reflects not just a personal failing but a systemic issue

Yes  I agree, shame on you Thailand..........oh  wait do they mean us?

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

link please. interesting to know where this estimate stems from. a vwhile ago the numbers were given and i think your estimate is off

That was a typo. It was supposed to be 3,000,000 +. I didn't check it first. I need a new keyboard. There are many links to google.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Confused 1

I'm a bit surprised an anonymous website gets such coverage.

Who is behind the "Thai Enquirer" ?

Are there any other articles on the internet written in perfect English by "Wanchai Vatanakool" ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

If you go to Penang, Malaysia, and compare the tourists there versus tourists in Thailand, based on their behaviour, I definitely believe Thailand should be more selective on who they let in, and focus on quality rather than quantity. Quality tourists might actually be discouraged from visiting, when the entire <deleted> of the Universe is let in.

18 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

If you go to Penang, Malaysia, and compare the tourists there versus tourists in Thailand, based on their behaviour, I definitely believe Thailand should be more selective on who they let in, and focus on quality rather than quantity. Quality tourists might actually be discouraged from visiting, when the entire <deleted> of the Universe is let in.

What are the differences? I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just interested to know how you think the average tourist to Malaysia acts differently than the average tourist to Thailand. I know some laws, such as those regarding homosexuality, make a difference. But what else do you see?

Edited by John Drake

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

That was a typo. It was supposed to be 3,000,000 +. I didn't check it first. I need a new keyboard. There are many links to google.

those numbers seem more realistic... but i think i remember it being a bit more. lets not haggle over this...the numbers were revealed during covid if memory serves me right...but my memory is getting sh1!t...

cheers

4 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

The new leader has bascially just opened up the doors to everyone. 

The state of Phuket is awful at the moment. 

What happened to quality tourists over quanity ? Never learn. 

thats how it should be. Being selective over who is allowed in and who isn't lends itself to discrimination allegations and of course the corruption of those officials who are determining who can and cannot come in. Visas are already issued on the understanding that the local Laws will be followed by the visa holder - that just needs to be enforced. ANY "criminal" activity should result in depeortation and a ban for X years. Other anti-social behaviour should incur warnings, fines and then incarceration. 

The laws are already there, it is the enforcement of them that needs a shake-up (or should that be a shake-down?)  

• Like 1