Swiss retiree’s brutal attack on Thai woman sparks outcry in Trang

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

I think there was enough and much more that have been said about this subject, yes, this guy is an a-hole and

by now he got or will get what he deserves, but not like he murdered or rapped someone,

not as if the locals are white doves in their treatments of their fellow Thais, so ok, the message was clear

and everyone learned a lot from it... 

"Rapped" about what? 😆

1 minute ago, sfbandung said:

anyone defending it needs to have a good look at themselves, as does this poor excuse for a man.

There are bits of him he can never see, even in a mirror.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Throw all the books at him. What a vile deranged individual.

I find it strange that a "bump" would lead to this, you seem quick to condemn the guy, I don't think we have the whole story  from both sides.

• Confused 2

51 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

There were dozens of witnesses. Have you seen the pictures? He clearly beat her up quite badly. What's your take on it then? She randomly attacked the innocent farang then maybe fell and broke her nose and cut her face up?

Vinnie is searching for rationale for his misogyny and  disdain .

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, sfbandung said:

Some bizarre replies here. The reference to the Thai woman who hit the Swiss guy is just nuts. Like this is ok because of that?

I don't think that's what they are saying, but rather certain cases get a lot more media attention and public outrage,  usually due to the race of the perpetrator and race of victim.

5 minutes ago, sfbandung said:

Or if justice isn't done there then it shouldn't be done here either?

I don't think anyone suggested that either, but it would be nice if the legal system was fair to everyone without bias

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Probably drunk , she sobers up and goes to police , why anyone drives a bicycle here is beyond me , how many World Class Bicyclist have died here  , even my friend drives one after two serious accidents, Death Wish or What 

4 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

This genuinely made me laugh out loud.

And we all know it's true.

No F..s given. 

Strange and sad sense of humour you must have.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Are all Swiss Expats as Arrogant an Belligerent as the latest two we have learned about ?

Result of being in a landlocked country...........unlike the bonkers Brits who have plenty of coastline....

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Let's hope the Thai woman who hit and run killed a 73 year old Swiss tourist in Pattaya last night gets similar attention.

Start your own thread on it, oh, I forgot, you avoid the police like the plague, for some reason.....:coffee1:

I think that before getting into racist rants about nasty abusive foreigners (and this guy deserves everything the police throw at him!!), it is perhaps worth reflecting on how local ladies are treated by local men..... basically, very badly, hence the desire of so many Thai girls to marry farang men. The police do not lift a finger to domestic violence committed by Thai men against their wives and gf's, largely because most Thai policemen are men. These recent cases of Swiss guys losing their cool will be welcomed by the male local populace for the simple reason that it means deflection from the horrific amount of domestic violence in Thailand. Perhaps, if one wants proof of this issue, a small investigation of wives and gf's trying to get child maintenance off their husbands or bf's tells a terrifying story. Nearly all of the massage girls in BKK have children up country, usually with their parents, because the man refuses to pay and the police do not follow up, likely because they are up to no good and have many girlfriends too. Heaven forbid they have to take responsibility!!!

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

Strange and sad sense of humour you must have.

Well, come on, an old Thai woman does a hit n' run on a falang, killing him.......you really think she is being prosecuted?

Edited by FruitPudding

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

**Flame removed**

all this hitting women is just going to stir up Thai resentment towards Farangs,

regards Worgeordie 

That is a reserved occupation  for Thai males

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VinnieK said:

Double standards..

That's what it has to do with it.

Let's see what the penalty will be for the driver..

(Don't hold your breath.)

Well it will be a bit difficult to deport her, so there is that for a start.

Are you saying kicking someone in the back is equal to manslaughter due to negligent driving? 

A Bad guy !

According to my resident expert here, at home.

The Thai had her shopping cart in the middle of the aisle .

The Swiss guy abruptly pushed it out of the way. 
The lady said in English ,Please be polite !

Then his assault took place on her.

The lady got angry and threw a bottle at him .

He went after her again with vengeance!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike Lister said:
6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Let's hope the Thai woman who hit and run killed a 73 year old Swiss tourist in Pattaya last night gets similar attention.

Do you have a  link for that?

Did he have to provide a link for his own "attempted murder" (hit-and-run) OP?

Just now, riclag said:

According to my resident expert here, at home.

The Thai had her shopping cart in the middle of the aisle .

The Swiss guy abruptly pushed it out of the way. 
The lady said in English ,Please be polite !

Then his assault took place on her.

The lady got angry and threw a bottle at him .

He went after her again with vengeance!

Ultimately, he was more wrong than her for escalating it to violence. 

But, she shouldn't have left her cart blocking the aisle and she shouldn't have verbally confronted him for moving it......I mean he had to move her cart to get by, right? She, herself, was being impolite and confrontational.

Then, she had the courage to throw a bottle at him as he was walking away. Well, then I must say, she was asking for a fight.

She can only claim to be half the victim here, I think.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

I find it strange that a "bump" would lead to this, you seem quick to condemn the guy, I don't think we have the whole story  from both sides.

I think we can be sure that her injuries weren't self inflicted.

6 hours ago, yankyoakum said:

That dude needs to back to his home country and crawl back under the rock he came from... 

That's exactly what he said he wants, it means he will escape justice. 

He should first be prosecuted and imprisoned and deported at the end of his imprisonment. He should also pay punitive damages and all medical costs

• Agree 1

Not to take away from the seiousness of the issue but given the increasing frequency of similar events, a pertinent question is:

Why do people resort to violence so quickly these days (even for the most trivial of reasons)?

• Like 1