Yingluck’s Planned Return Without Being Imprisoned Could  Be ‘The Last Straw’: Jurin

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

those who might no longer tolerate an evident undermining of the country’s rules of law and judicial process,

Oh yes, that's right. Glad you and those like you feel like that.

So when will you and your ilk be going after Prayuth , Prawit and all the others that have completely ignored the countries rules etc. ?

Anytime soon ?

No....thought not. Your bread has been well buttered already

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

40 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Good question. I think it was a case of her being too popular.

Seems to run in the family

Didn't Pita have the same problem? 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

Couple of things...

Why is she referred to as the former woman Prime Minister? 

Is Donald Trump the former male President? Realize he grabs them by the p*&sy, not sure that makes him male though.

You want change? Look at similar third world countries like Haiti, Sudan, or Myranmar. Otherwise just let her come back to live her life, and move on to next issue of the day, Swiss people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The illegal Junta coup and all those who participated, and all those who benefitted from it, have been 'allowed' amnesty against any future charges. In return Phue Thai is bringing back its leaders that were convicted under Military rulers.  First Thaksin and next Yingluck - and the powers that be will allow/facilitate this to happen for two main reasons. 

One is to ensure they are not charged in the future with sedition, and two because their convictions were politically based charges.  Yingluck and Thaksin are both a lot smarter than Aung San Suu Kyi, who was immediately jailed by the Military Junta as the best means of shutting her down.  If Aung San Suu Kyi had been able to escape Myanmar, she would have been a serious thorn in the Junta's hold on power, especially at the UN and with world Leaders and in front of the world's media.

• Thanks 1

I can see the new Army leaders salivating at this news from the Democrats, que the riots, then in come the armored personnel carriers (Thank you USA!). Then....Deja Vu!  

Edited by lordgrinz
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Ahhh click bait du jour.  Yes, Yingluck is the last visible straw wronged in a coup and overthrow of democracy.   But just the right moment for Whiners from hither and yon to grab a, shortlived, moment in the media.   Another 'pass the popcorn' day in Land of Smiles. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, stoner said:

dinner at my place when you get back tee rak ?

Think she would like to know where your place is, because as you will recall, the Shinawatra's are against drug users

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Good question. I think it was a case of her being too popular.

It's practically a capital offence, as Pita will find out soon enough.

Yingluck’s Planned Return Without Being Imprisoned Could  Be ‘The Last Straw’: Jurin.

Well now nothing new here this country .

Politicians and there PM  just haven't got the Balls to stand up make people adhere to the Laws they made . 

They have to make the  Juristic system the same for Rich and Poor .

No balls , that way the've got No chance to stamp out Corruption and the Mafia in Thailand .

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

if there are protests they are hushed by the media. this new generation z is rather teflon coated and dont really seem bothered by the despotism that puke thai i really doubt anything will happen. the real generation of protesters is either too old or too comfortable to protest...

Is there sufficient animosity towards either Thaksin or Yingluck to generate protests? Outside their deadly enemies ( who are certainly not "generation Z"), nor ordinary people, I would suggest not!

Image remains very important here.

Compare the two photographs in the original post. Which one projects the more "favourable" image?

What is more, less than a year ago, a lot of people voted for Pheu Thai. Even more voted for Move Forward, who were pretty ambivalent about  Thaksin or Yingluck.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, daveAustin said:

But, at least where Yingluck is concerned, she was nobbled by the army.

No, she was not.  She was "nobbled" by the Constitutional Court, before the coup took place.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/7/2024 at 2:49 AM, webfact said:

THE PLANNED HOMECOMING of deposed prime minister-cum-convict at large Yingluck Shinawatra without imprisonment could possibly be “the last straw” for those who might no longer tolerate an evident undermining of the country’s rules of law and judicial process, said a prominent lawmaker today

Just throw the peasants in prison if they complain.  🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/7/2024 at 5:49 AM, daveAustin said:

Undermine? If you’re a someone with clout in this country—and unless there’s a price on your head—the rules rarely apply. 

But, at least where Yingluck is concerned, she was nobbled by the army. If she goes down, so should all the illegal coup-makers. 

They ALL should go down anyway.

On 3/7/2024 at 6:32 AM, Pouatchee said:

if there are protests they are hushed by the media. this new generation z is rather teflon coated and dont really seem bothered by the despotism that puke thai i really doubt anything will happen. the real generation of protesters is either too old or too comfortable to protest...

Many of the "real" generation of protesters are students and young people and a lot of them are already in jail for protesting and "allegedly"  breaking LM112 laws. THEY are the future of Thailand, and they WILL win in the end.

On 3/7/2024 at 8:55 AM, herfiehandbag said:

Ah, a former leader of, and now an MP for the Democrats! 

A party that connived with the deposing of Thaksin, after he soundly beat them in an election, allowed the military to put them in government after they lost another election, and when it looked like Yingluck was going to beat them for a second time, connived to stop the election and allowed the military to take power instead.

I think perhaps he has a tenuous claim to the moral high ground!

IMHO, he has no claim to any morals, let alone the high ground.

25 minutes ago, Crossy said:

These will cease forthwith!

You've been waiting to use that phrasing.

My name is Crossius Morderatus, commander of the Threads of the North, General of the Forum Legions. And you will cease your bickering I will have my vengeance, in this forum or the next.

teehee

• Haha 2