Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

Just now, WDSmart said:

I'm tired of trying to post maps of Israel just to have them removed. I've done this many times in the past. If you really want to see how much land Israel has taken from the Palestinians, just search for "map Israel 1948" and then "map Israel 2023" and you'll see for yourself.

If you have posted so many maps of Israel, then you should know that the land between Gaza and the West bank, the land that Hamas forcibly seized on October 7 th is Israel proper and was bestowed to Israel in 1948 . 

You are being deceptive by making an excuse that you cannot post maps , because the maps would show that it is Israel proper land that Hamas seized 

23 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That isnt true .

Hamas are holding a one year old Israeli baby as a hostage and making demands to return the baby to its parents .

Israel are not holding any baby hostages or making demands for that babies return .

That is just one different tactic between Israel and Hamas 

Yes, holding one-year-olds as hostages is a tactic of Hamas. Indiscriminate bombings of civilian areas are a tactic of Israel. Which is worse? Which causes the most destruction and loss of life? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That isnt true .

Hamas are holding a one year old Israeli baby as a hostage and making demands to return the baby to its parents .

Israel are not holding any baby hostages or making demands for that babies return .

Yes, holding one-year-olds as hostages is a tactic of Hamas. Indiscriminate bombings of civilian areas are a tactic of Israel. Which is worse? Which causes the most destruction and loss of life? 

Sorry for the duplicate post...

Edited by WDSmart

32 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That isnt true .

Sorry for the triplicate post.

Edited by WDSmart

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Which ever anyone  thinks is worse is besides the point , the point is that Israel and Hamas differ on tactics .

Hamas take babies as hostages and Israel doesn't do that .

Hamas also bombs areas indiscriminately , so no difference there in tactics . 

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Oh dear, of course an antisemite who use the word 'indiscriminate', a bloke who also has no idea about tactics of war to win........

So, why no harsh words for the detention of kids, and planned murder by Hamas, why....

One-way Street antisemite, that's why....:ermm:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Meanwhile, there are hundreds of Palestinian children jailed in Israel. Those kids are normally sentenced arbitrarily in military courts contrary to international law.

Hundreds of innocent women are jailed too, some are quite elderly only because they are wives, sisters or even mothers of wanted men. This tactic is employed as a coercive measure, aimed at compelling wanted freedom fighters to surrender.

It’s bitterly ironic to talk about one single Israeli baby who is still alive and well when over 13,000 innocent Palestinian children have been brutally killed and thousands more injured or have lost limbs by indiscriminate airstrikes and shelling.

Houdini Hamas men are amazing .

Woman and Children killed in Gaza , Woman and Children being held in Israeli jails .

How are Palestinian men able to avoid being jailed or killed ?

The Hamas Houdini men ?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Houdini Hamas men are amazing .

Woman and Children killed in Gaza , Woman and Children being held in Israeli jails .

How are Palestinian men able to avoid being jailed or killed ?

The Hamas Houdini men ?

Quite cunning conclusion. Palestinian men are not spared, and you know it well.

There are over 9,000 males in Israeli jails and hundreds are being killed daily in Gaza and the West Bank due to airstrikes or extrajudicial assassinations. 

Dozens of Palestinian detainees have 'died' while in detention since 7 October in mysterious circumstances.

• Thanks 2

Australia resumes funding for UNRWA and pledges more Gaza aid | AP News

Israel’s campaign against UNRWA is in tatters. The entire world has woken up to the conspiracy against the plight of Gaza and the malicious attempt to shut down UNRWA.

Australia is now following Sweden, Canada and many other countries in resuming UNRWA funding.

The Israeli goal was to make life miserable for the war surviving hungry /sick refugees in an effort to drive them out of Gaza.

Israel’s plan has failed spectacularly in a matter of weeks.    

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Which one caused the other to happen, actions have consequences!

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Israel’s campaign against UNRWA is in tatters. The entire world has woken up to the conspiracy against the plight of Gaza and the malicious attempt to shut down UNRWA.

Australia is now following Sweden, Canada and many other countries in resuming UNRWA funding.

The Israeli goal was to make life miserable for the war surviving hungry /sick refugees in an effort to drive them out of Gaza.

Its ok, the US has made up for that little hiccup..........:thumbsup:

Democrats, Republicans united in halting UNRWA funding until 2025 - report

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel-at-war/artc-democrats-republicans-united-in-halting-unrwa-funding-until-2025-report

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

Sorry for the duplicate post...

Hamas have been doing that for years with their intentional indiscriminate rocket launches into Israeli territory, its only the billions spent on the Iron dome that has saved so many Israeli civilian lives. 

Hamas were once asked why they didn't spend any money on civilian defense but they said its not our job, its the job of the UN to do that. Another example of the zero regard to Gazans that Hamas has aside from using them as human shields and sacrifice.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Which ever anyone  thinks is worse is besides the point , the point is that Israel and Hamas differ on tactics .

Hamas take babies as hostages and Israel doesn't do that .

Hamas also bombs areas indiscriminately , so no difference there in tactics . 

Hamas doesn't kill 30,000 civilians. The IDF does, and some of those are babies. 

Gaza death toll: More than 30,000 killed since Israel-Hamas war began, health ministry says | CNN

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

It's not a question of nationality it's one of humanity. If there's a genocide happening in Gaza, Egypt should open it's border for refugees. Any idea why they are not willing to?

Yes, easily.

I'm talking about Gaza, not West Bank.

To repeat nonsens does not make it more true. There never was a Palestine in history. So called Palestinians are arabs, nothing else.

They don't do the same. As far as I know there are no phosphor- and cluster bombs used by the IDF.

I don't see what's happening in Gaza as literally genocide, and I don't believe that Israel has genocidal intentions towards Arabs as Hamas, etc. has genocidal intentions towards Jews. HOWEVER, there is no doubt that there is a humanitarian disaster happening there. You can share the blame between Hamas who started this current war and uses their own people as human shields and Israel who is trying to crush Hamas and can't avoid the tragic consequences to civilians, but it's still real and horrible whatever you call it. So definitely much more needs to be done to address the suffering in Gaza but it's still not reasonable to demand that Israel surrender to Hamas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danny Australia said:

Quite cunning conclusion. Palestinian men are not spared, and you know it well.

There are over 9,000 males in Israeli jails and hundreds are being killed daily in Gaza and the West Bank due to airstrikes or extrajudicial assassinations. 

Dozens of Palestinian detainees have 'died' while in detention since 7 October in mysterious circumstances.

My point was that you lot only seem to go on about woman and children all the time 

1 hour ago, transam said:

Oh dear, of course an antisemite who use the word 'indiscriminate', a bloke who also has no idea about tactics of war to win........

So, why no harsh words for the detention of kids, and planned murder by Hamas, why....

One-way Street antisemite, that's why....:ermm:

I've always referred to the Oct 7 attack as a "terrorist" attack and the indiscriminate (random, not targeting specific buildings or areas) of Gaza as despicable, and I have never defended the taking of hostages by either side or prisoners by either side. You are mistaking my acknowledgment of the reason Hamas and IDF use for doing such things as biased (antisemite). It's not. It's a two-way street, and I see both sides. You and your pro-(censored) cronies are the ones who only see one side of the street.

• Haha 1

Hamas doesn't kill 30,000 civilians. The IDF does, and some of those are babies. 

Gaza death toll: More than 30,000 killed since Israel-Hamas war began, health ministry says | CNN

How would you feel if Israel went around Gaza , taking all the babies they could find , took them back to Israel and offered to swap those babies for the Israeli baby hostage ?

Those would be similar tactics as Hamas 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't see what's happening in Gaza as literally genocide, and I don't believe that Israel has genocidal intentions towards Arabs as Hamas, etc. has genocidal intentions towards Jews. HOWEVER, there is no doubt that there is a humanitarian disaster happening there. You can share the blame between Hamas who started this current war and uses their own people as human shields and Israel who is trying to crush Hamas and can't avoid the tragic consequences to civilians, but it's still real and horrible whatever you call it. So definitely much more needs to be done to address the suffering in Gaza but it's still not reasonable to demand that Israel surrender to Hamas.

Fully agree.

The question is how Israel can defend itself against Hamas terrorists using civilians as human shields and hiding in hospitals.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Danny Australia said:

And, previously I've speculated that this might have been the Hamas goal when it made its Oct 7 terrorist attack. 

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

Neither does Israel, you have listened to the Terrorist propaganda and put 2 + 2 together and made 5, because you don't do reality. Hamas has definitely manipulated those figures with great emphasis on "women and children" to garnish the sympathy vote and out of those "30,000 how many are actual terrorists, at a guess.....a great deal!

Hamas want dead Gazans, it looks better on their CVs, the more dead the more the world gives them sympathy.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No one is calling for Israel to surrender to Hamas! All we are asking for is a permanent ceasefire (possibly being enforced by a UN peacekeeping force), an exchange of hostages/prisoners, and a beginning of talks on how to create either a one-state (fantasy) or two-state solution that is agreeable to both parties.

Just now, WDSmart said:

No one is calling for Israel to surrender to Hamas! All we are asking for is a permanent ceasefire (possibly being enforced by a UN peacekeeping force), an exchange of hostages/prisoners, and a beginning of talks on how to create either a one-state (fantasy) or two-state solution that is agreeable to both parties.

Permanent ceasefire!?!

You're tripping.

Hamas needs to be crushed first. Israel needs to win. You clearly want them to lose.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I've always referred to the Oct 7 attack as a "terrorist" attack and the indiscriminate (random, not targeting specific buildings or areas) of Gaza as despicable, and I have never defended the taking of hostages by either side or prisoners by either side. You are mistaking my acknowledgment of the reason Hamas and IDF use for doing such things as biased (antisemite). It's not. It's a two-way street, and I see both sides. You and your pro-(censored) cronies are the ones who only see one side of the street.

I have never defended the taking of hostages by either side

Showing your bias again, only one side takes hostages and just because Biden made one remark on indiscriminate bombing does not make it true or do you believe everything he says when there is evidence to the contrary?

A senior Israeli Air Force officer on Wednesday rejected claims that Israel's airstrikes in the Gaza Strip have been indiscriminate, saying it follows careful procedures before hitting each target. “Since the October 7 massacre, the Israeli Air Force has been conducting a precise, focused and process-based campaign

https://www.timesofisrael.com/iaf-gaza-strikes-precise-theres-no-indiscriminate-bombing-but-mistakes-can-happen/

9 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

You didn't in the post I referred to, just an obvious dig at those that are going to finish what Hamas started...:coffee1:

10 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How would you feel if Israel went around Gaza , taking all the babies they could find , took them back to Israel and offered to swap those babies for the Israeli baby hostage ?

Those would be similar tactics as Hamas 

I wouldn't like that at all, but that would be better than killing hundreds, maybe thousands, of them outright like was done in the bombings.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Permanent ceasefire!?!

You're tripping.

Hamas needs to be crushed first. Israel needs to win. You clearly want them to lose.

Yes! Permanent ceasefire (perhaps enforced).
No! I do not want to see either side lose any more than it already has. I want to see them sit down and work out some arrangement of how they can both live together (one-state solution - unlikely) or at least side by side (two-state solution).