Drug mule busted with 30 kg of cannabis at Manchester Airport

webfact

He'll serve 7 months in the nick? The Chinese guy trying to smuggle the heroin into Aus will serve a little bit longer 😁

Edited by roo860
  • Haha 1

and another drug user gets caught ......

image.png.13086c48400d5f21dd0ca8b44eda6798.png

source:https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/other/briton-facing-life-in-thai-prison-was-arrested-days-after-his-wedding/ss-BB1jqfHu?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=d54459970c1b4a67a731fbc0071596c1&ei=44#image=7

Briton facing life in Thai prison was arrested days after his wedding ©ViralPress
Police reportedly swooped after launching an investigation following a tip-off from a concerned patron that the Brit was distributing drugs at the bar. They reportedly tracked Andrew's activities for five months before arresting him on his way to the establishment on February 29. Officers allegedly found 0.54 grams of ecstasy in a plastic bag, 25 ecstasy pills, and 75 LSD sheets, known locally as 'magic paper', among his belongings. Police allege Andrew left his apartment every day at 8pm to sell the drugs to customers at the bar which is a short walk from Sairee Beach where British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller were bludgeoned to death on the island in 2014. Dozens more unexplained deaths of tourists on the island later emerged, causing it to be given the chilling moniker Death Island.
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Goat said:

Amateur mistake.

He should have shoved up his Kyber Pass. 

I have had my suitcases checked many times at airports but never had the cavity search.

Boogie boards are no good either.

Usually they have you flagged... swarm in from all sides when you collect the suitcase and pass through the customs neck point.

Had happen to us in 2014.

Never flown direct to the UK since.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, steven100 said:

and another drug user gets caught ......

image.png.13086c48400d5f21dd0ca8b44eda6798.png

source:https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/other/briton-facing-life-in-thai-prison-was-arrested-days-after-his-wedding/ss-BB1jqfHu?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=d54459970c1b4a67a731fbc0071596c1&ei=44#image=7

Briton facing life in Thai prison was arrested days after his wedding ©ViralPress
Police reportedly swooped after launching an investigation following a tip-off from a concerned patron that the Brit was distributing drugs at the bar. They reportedly tracked Andrew's activities for five months before arresting him on his way to the establishment on February 29. Officers allegedly found 0.54 grams of ecstasy in a plastic bag, 25 ecstasy pills, and 75 LSD sheets, known locally as 'magic paper', among his belongings. Police allege Andrew left his apartment every day at 8pm to sell the drugs to customers at the bar which is a short walk from Sairee Beach where British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller were bludgeoned to death on the island in 2014. Dozens more unexplained deaths of tourists on the island later emerged, causing it to be given the chilling moniker Death Island.

i expect he'll get a small sentence or huge fine. it's not that much he got caught with. if they were watching him for 5 months surely a bust at Christmas or NYE would have gained better results.

Edited by frank83628
  • Confused 2

57 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I thought cannabis was legal in Thailand? Or did you  mean Singapore?

Leagl for sure,but 30 kilos?  thast taking the pi.ss.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Judge John Potter remarked that Arif’s financial gain from the crime was meagre. Arif had claimed he was handed the suitcase by others while in Thailand. Despite admitting to his involvement, the drug mule remained tight-lipped about further details.

Enjoy your stay in a cell... hopefully for a log time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

zero sympathy for any of these drug users, sellers, pushers.

Enjoy the prison....

seller and pusher are the same thing.... but yes enjoy the prison sentence. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Getting a little tired of your anti-drug rants Bugs.. The World has moved on.. witness this news story. 50 years ago ( when your opinions were formed) this fellow would have received a multi-year sentence. No longer. Saner heads have prevailed. More of a Customs offense in this case.

Just checked.. You joined here 4 months after me. Yet you have 20,000+ posts while I have 3000.. Just can't keep yourself to yourself I guess..

surely you don't feel for these druggies ....

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, roo860 said:

He'll serve 7 months in the nick? The Chinese guy trying to smuggle the heroin into Aus will serve a little bit longer 😁

Don't the Chinese have the death penalty for drug smuggling?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Goat said:

Amateur mistake.

He should have shoved up his Kyber Pass. 

I have had my suitcases checked many times at airports but never had the cavity search.

Boogie boards are no good either.

OH so 30kg of dope up yr kyber pass, very slack methinks

well used tunnel??

• Love It 2

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

zero sympathy for any of these drug users, sellers, pushers.

Enjoy the prison....

He was a courier / smuggler   nowhere in the OP did it imply he used , sold, or pushed.  although if his suitcase was equipped with wheels he may  have been pushing, or maybe dragging , depending on his gait

26 minutes ago, roo860 said:
3 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Don't the Chinese have the death penalty for drug smuggling?

He was caught in Thailand wasn't he?

Doesn't Thailand have an extradition agreement with China?