F-35A Stealth Fighters Land For The First Time In Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

FOUR UNITED STATES AIR FORCE’S F-35 Lightning II stealth fighter jets today (Mar. 7) landed for the first time in Thailand at Wing 1 in the northeastern province of Nakhon Ratchasima.

The first batch of four Lockheed Martin F-35As which flew from Eielson air force base in Alaska and landed smoothly at Wing 1 air force base will take part in a Cope Tiger 2024 air exercise between the Thai, US and Singaporean air forces on Mar. 18 and Mar. 19.

Another four F-35A jets of the US air force which will also participate in the joint air exercise are scheduled to arrive at Wing 1 at a later date, however.

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

TOP: The four US air force F-35A stealth fighters reaching Thailand with a US air force pilot talking to a Thai air force pilot. Photos: Matichon

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-03-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

3 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Chinese spies are in the area to take photos of the cockpit.........

Yes, I was whimsically thinking along those lines......could they go to any country where there are more displaced Chinese and Russians?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, I was whimsically thinking along those lines......could they go to any country where there are more displaced Chinese and Russians?

The US Air Force must know there are security flaws here, I'm sure they are looking after it...........

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Israel have 35 of them since 2022, and 25 more on order, very useful at the moment,

( yeah, I expect the usual ' confused' emojis coming in)...

Israel was first to use the F-35 in combat in 2018. As of 2023 Israel will have 75 F-35s. Financed by US aid. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

F-35 slealth fighter disguised as a F-16. Me thinks.

Just another stock photo put up for an article.  I doubt it is even in Thailand, let alone the correct aircraft as you mention.  But it has an asian and white guy in it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

believe you me, them Chines don't need to 'spy' on anything now, they have every detail of the F-35

as of long, long time ago already...

Guaranteed they don't have every detail. But a lot for sure.

6 hours ago, rwill said:

Just another stock photo put up for an article.  I doubt it is even in Thailand, let alone the correct aircraft as you mention.  But it has an asian and white guy in it.

Gawd...

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

You would think that if you're running a story about F35's landing in Thailand you would actually use pics of said F35's in the article. The linked article has 2 images of the F35's and one of an F16 which aseannow has run with. This is an F16.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Israel have 35 of them since 2022, and 25 more on order, very useful at the moment,

( yeah, I expect the usual ' confused' emojis coming in)...

Of course you expect those, its totally irrelevant.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

With ALL the cameras on the planes, they"ll be able to identify all the Spies  !