Frenchman’s trial unveils multi-million euro Rolex replica ring

webfact

he did a good job, i also buy a lot and bring them home, buy bkk 500b and see back home 125, 150 euros.

every month 10 till 20, get a free ticket for the next holiday hahahaha..

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It would appear plenty  people want them, real or fake. In fact the market has really gone hyper of late with second hand items commanding high prices and new items being resold above retail. 

I doubt it is all about getting laid in Thailand, rather silly of you to even suggest it. 

Prices are coming down again though.

I'll think about a Rolex when it can count my steps, take my pulse, measure my pulse-ox, tell me where I am by GPS, let me know who's calling my phone, keep perfect time, alert me when I set it to, and do all that (and more) for less than $400 like my Garmin.

Or just keep perfect time and cost less than $25 like my Casio.  Right now, I'm looking at a Casio dive watch for $50 and I can't even seem to pull the trigger there.  Seems like a waste...  Too many watches already.  I only have 2 wrists.

I guess I'm not in their target demographic, though I'm sure Rolex has a catchier name, like "discerning gentlemen".

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, spermwhale said:

This article is so poorly written, it's hard to understand how he ran it from Thailand. The article says he oversaw production oof  watches, but later says they paid $200 and sold them for $400. 

Here's the original from France ! It's in English

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/france/article/2024/03/12/french-fake-rolex-prince-trial-sheds-light-on-elaborate-fraud_6610978_7.html#

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

But he chose the dark-side instead of carving out a legit niche market for himself... 

from the original article !!! 

...."One of his co-defendants, reseller Florian R., said that he would buy fake Rolexes for 200 euros and sell them on for 400. Asked by the presiding judge why he didn't charge more, Florian R. said: "These are fakes, I don't cheat people." The verdict in the trial is due on March 20.",....

They is a small set of shops/mall in pattaya  near walking st end.Shops where many fake watches are sold.Different prices different quality.I,am sure many farangs or tourist  go there.Being there for years and I,am sure the police know too.He could have being the main man for the fakes sold in pattaya

I once bought a fake Rolex in Vietnam for the young son of a co-worker, and was a little nervous going through Australian immigration. Had thought the internals would be cheap electronic, but it was actually fully mechanical, and worked for less than a week.

I’m not sure Rolex are too bothered by at least the cheap fakes. I think it’s good advertising for them, and I can imagine a rich businessman wanting to buy a real one to match the fake he had when a kid, in the same way that some of us lust after the real classic cars that match the toy cars we used to play with.

14 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Prices are coming down again though.

Apparently a new breed of super copies are available nowadays..... these even work well!

Off the topic of fake watches ...

Many years back, in some magazines, I used to see an add for a TV antenna.   A copy of a brand name TV antenna. 

Boldly advertised as a "Genuine Imitation"!  I think it sold for the same price as the TV antenna it copied. 

On 3/14/2024 at 2:20 AM, Dolf said:

Nobody cares about watches anymore except collectors.

Not true, most licensed Rolex shop have a waiting list for certain models and second hand prices of these winners are worth more than new . I have a few friends who have real Rolex and they are not millionaires. Same goes for designer handbags, the Birkin goes for 16 000 € second hand . There are spéciale shops  in France selling these and they are making a fortune . As soon as a certain make comes in it’s gone in a day or two. Why not, if you have the money ? 

On 3/14/2024 at 8:20 AM, Dolf said:

Nobody cares about watches anymore except collectors.

Ignorance is bliss......$10 billion sales in 2023, Rolex alone. I understand they are mostly redundant, but there is a  good market.  

Edited by jacko45k

7 hours ago, geisha said:

Not true, most licensed Rolex shop have a waiting list for certain models and second hand prices of these winners are worth more than new . I have a few friends who have real Rolex and they are not millionaires. Same goes for designer handbags, the Birkin goes for 16 000 € second hand . There are spéciale shops  in France selling these and they are making a fortune . As soon as a certain make comes in it’s gone in a day or two. Why not, if you have the money ? 

I said collectors or profiteers if you like.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Ignorance is bliss......$10 billion sales in 2023, Rolex alone. I understand they are mostly redundant, but there is a  good market.  

Yes collectors. Some people buy 10.

You got to love how the Thai press goes full metal when a farang is caught doing this. It is almost like they can blame decades of fake Rolex's on those keenok farang. They definitely try.