Three PMs, one dinner

snoop1130

main-3-1.png

A dinner being held in Chiang Mai tonight is far from ordinary, as it involves three prime ministers — one incumbent and two former ones. They are Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin and his predecessors, Thaksin Shinawatra and Somchai Wongsawat.

The three are meeting as Thaksin, who is on parole, visits the city, his hometown, to engage in various activities, including paying respects to his late parents.

Thaksin was sentenced to a prison term on corruption charges, but he spent only a few hours in jail before being transferred to the Police General Hospital.

Caption: From left : PM Srettha Thavisin, former PMs; Thaksin Shinawatra and Somchai Wongsawat

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-03-15

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

"You might guess that the phrase is Australian in origin, but it seems to have started in Texas. The "kangaroo" may have referred to Gold Rush era claim jumpers — miners who illegally took other people's land claims and were then tried in one of these quick, mock courtrooms."

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/kangaroo court#:~:text=You might guess that the,of these quick%2C mock courtrooms.

Just for a bit of trivia knowledge.

I only mentioned Australia because that's where the kangaroos come from. And he was sentenced in Australia.

Edited by still kicking

Just now, still kicking said:

I only mentioned Australia because that's where the kangaroos come from.

And they're absolutely delicious. I do miss eating roo. Apart from that the corruption at that table is massive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Mr Meeseeks said:

I ate that as well as camel and emu in Darwin. Think it was emu. Perhaps ostrich...

Camel and emu (EEMYOU not EEMOO for you Americans) are both good. Ostrich I've had in Thailand (Ratchaburi) and it was ok. 

9 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Three PMs, one dinner

I believe this picture has been photoshopped. You may well ask why. Well I can't see the puppet strings. Definite image manipulation. 

I bet Thaksin is kicking Sretthas shins under the table.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Miraculous cured from the neck brace....Probably no high bloodpressure too, but has fun as all problems are solved... Sissy is coming back soon too

The neck brace has come off to allow him to swallow great mouthfuls of prime steak, and the arm support has now moved to his back !

He cannot even remember to put of the smoke and mirrors dressing correctly

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

image.png.8ee680b478f2fe776bde6e483885da6e.png

Here's a photo from the other end of the table. 

He is cut out of the Thai PBS photos as well as photos on other media outlets. Doesn't even get a mention.

Sitting at the PM's right-hand side.

The PM (the current one) is wearing one of my shirts.

My respect for him has just risen a little. Always thought he wasn't a bad guy, struggling against the odds ...