Trump says some undocumented immigrants are ‘not people’

Social Media

image.png

Former President Donald Trump stirred controversy once again with his inflammatory remarks about immigrants during a rally near Dayton, Ohio. Trump's rhetoric took a dehumanizing turn as he suggested that some individuals accused of crimes are "not people" in his opinion. These comments, made in the context of campaigning for Senate candidate Bernie Moreno, highlight a persistent theme in Trump's political discourse – his harsh stance on immigration.

Moreno, himself an immigrant from Colombia, echoed Trump's sentiments by emphasizing the importance of assimilation and English language proficiency among immigrants. However, he incorrectly asserted that English is the national language, emphasizing the need for immigrants to integrate into American society rather than expecting society to accommodate them.

The issue of immigration has become a focal point in the ongoing presidential campaign, with Trump and President Biden trading blame over the surge in illegal immigration. Trump has characterized the influx of migrants as a "Joe Biden invasion," while Biden has criticized Trump for the failure of bipartisan efforts to address border security and immigration issues.

Trump's history of inflammatory rhetoric on immigration dates back to his 2016 presidential campaign, during which he famously referred to Mexican immigrants as "rapists" and criminals. Throughout his political career, he has faced criticism for his divisive language, which has been likened to concepts associated with Adolf Hitler's ideology.

Despite the controversy surrounding his remarks, Trump has remained steadfast in his commitment to tough immigration policies. He has pledged to prioritize immigration enforcement if re-elected, citing historical programs like "Operation Wetback" from the 1950s as inspiration for his approach.

The recent comments from Trump underscore the ongoing debate surrounding immigration policy in the United States. As the presidential campaign heats up, the issue of immigration is likely to remain a contentious topic, with both candidates seeking to appeal to their respective bases while grappling with the complexities of immigration reform in a diverse and changing society.

Source

image.png

• Confused 4

Just now, Dolf said:

The topic is about Trump. You started talking about penis. Must be something wrong with you.

Just because you did not get it, does not mean that it's unknowable.

You made a not so bright comment. "two hour speech and they are only talking about the two minutes,

and I thought by using an allegory I would make you realise the error of that statement.  

Apparently it went over your head

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, sirineou said:

Just because you did not get it, does not mean that it's unknowable.

You made a not so bright comment. "two hour speech and they are only talking about the two minutes,

and I thought by using an allegory I would make you realise the error of that statement.  

Apparently it went over your head

Please don't troll me with vulgar crap.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

Please don't troll me with vulgar crap.

It is a common saying designed to display how  small moment define the long term. 

Apologies for the "vulgarity" I am sure you never heard f such language. Sorry I had to subject you to it. 

and I was not trolling you I was replying to a post you made. I hope you now realise why what you said was wrong. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, 2baht said:

The very fact that he even has a shot at another term as POTUS makes you all look stupid! As for Wonky Joe, no, I won't!

As an american I agree and confess am embarrassed by it. 

In our defence , I a not sure what country you are from, but I am sure you also have your chalanged individuals. 

You might even be one of them, :tongue:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Many of these people are being forced from the country by dire economics, drug cartels and threats of death. Yet they're not human because they're trying to escape destitution and poverty.

These kind of statements indicate exactly who this man is, what he is and what he is lacking in the way of heart and soul. Perhaps it's Trump that's is not a human. At a minimum he is lacking any sort of qualities of decency and he is a very dangerous man. 

Another viewpoint is that he is a protectionist and cares for his people by protecting their borders and preventing the entry of criminals nobody wants to encounter.

Then comes the second step, which is to cease the various types of exploitation and nefarious interventions in other countries so that people there can also be sovereign and happy instead of being forced to flee and live the horrendous life of a refugee.

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Confused 5
  • Agree 1