Trump unable to get $464m bond in New York fraud case, his lawyers say

Social Media

42 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Sadly, I do believe you are serious about that post and I'm sure that I and others on this thread will be alarmed that anyone could think like this, but not surprised given the content of your other posts.

For the president of the United States to be indebted to a foreign power/person for a personal debt which he may or may not be able to repay, should sound alarm bells for all and sundry, but obviously not you! Sad, so very sad. 

And what law has he broken from obtaining this loan that he will pay back as a private citizen?

Edited by G_Money
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

But is the leading candidate for the GOP, to become president and should he become so, the debt could well mean that a foreign power has him "by the short and curlies" as the saying goes. Not a good position to be in.

Fine. But as of today he is a private citizen not President. And the same Andrew Weissman who came down on Ms Aileen Cannon's latest ruling, has said As I post 2 pages back:

“There are potential sanctions prohibitions and campaign finance prohibitions. And of course potential tax issues,” MSNBC analyst Andrew Weissmann told me via email Thursday. “But apart from those, a third party can give a gift or loan to post the federal or state...

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, xylophone said:

But is the leading candidate for the GOP, to become president and should he become so, the debt could well mean that a foreign power has him "by the short and curlies" as the saying goes. Not a good position to be in.

Another “what if” !

• Confused 4

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

What is his track record look like on paying back loans and outstanding bills/fees?

Ask the banks that loaned him the money that the left is taking him to court for false appraisals.

Banks happy.  Paid in full.

Next

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I sell my soul to a foreign devil and do what he tells me to do?

You think too much.  It’s just a loan.  Completely legal.

Ask the students the same question.  They will sell their souls to the devil (Biden) in exchange for loan forgiveness.

• Confused 7
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, G_Money said:

I don’t believe you.

Just follow the news and you will find out unless of course it is fake news lol.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, candide said:

Sure! That's why he's been subsidizing the U.S. EV industry and technology! 😀

I see you don’t understand the link.  Most here won’t.  You’re not alone.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

The attorney general's office argued that the law at issue does not require the existence of victims to be enforceable. They also disputed the notion that there were no victims, saying Trump's bankers were harmed because they could have charged higher interest on loans if they knew his true net worth was lower than he claimed.

Trump's claim that there were no obvious victims, while not helpful for him when presented to Justice Arthur Engoron during the trial, could be a matter of concern for appellate judges.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/trumps-civil-fraud-verdict-appeal-may-hinge-no-victims-defense-2024-02-16/

Just now, jerrymahoney said:

I voted against Trump twice in 2016 and 2020 in Florida. Who did you vote for?

All that happened in a private voting booth, and is private for a reason.

Your posting history is here for all to read.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

The attorney general's office argued that the law at issue does not require the existence of victims to be enforceable. They also disputed the notion that there were no victims, saying Trump's bankers were harmed because they could have charged higher interest on loans if they knew his true net worth was lower than he claimed.

Trump's claim that there were no obvious victims, while not helpful for him when presented to Justice Arthur Engoron during the trial, could be a matter of concern for appellate judges.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/trumps-civil-fraud-verdict-appeal-may-hinge-no-victims-defense-2024-02-16/

It was fraud right?Last time i checked fraud was illegal and it was done on purpose to deceive the banks.The banks are the victim i believe.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

There is a further argument that lenders took higher risks than they were able to assess on the basis of the information provided by Trump in his fraudulent applications.

30 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

All that happened in a private voting booth, and is private for a reason.

Your posting history is here for all to read.

So I am MAGA double agent, huh? As the old New York saying goes (and Judge Engoron is a native New Yorker): Your opinion and a subway token gets you a ride.