Truth Social shares go into freefall after investors learn how much money it really makes

Social Media

On 5/2/2024 at 1:25 PM, Eric Loh said:

Must have hit a raw nerve. I get it; all for Trump’s grift and who cares about the small investors buying a scam share with no positive fundamentals. 

Biden certain doesn't he wants to tax unrealized capital gains....

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

I don't know all the details of his proposals but I'm pretty clear any proposed changes are only for those making over 400K annually. 

Also any change needs to pass the in congress as well. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes he does. New tax laws will be written for unrealized capital gain which has been a grey area for much too long. Unrealized capital gain will not be allowed to be use for collateral. Someone wouldn’t be happy with that. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

More bad news for Trumpers:

DJT Stock Falls. SEC Charges Trump Media Auditing Firm With ‘Massive Fraud.’

Trump Media & Technology Group shares were falling Friday after the Securities and Exchange Commission charged the company’s auditing firm with “massive fraud.”

The regulator has charged BF Borgers CPA and its owner Benjamin Borgers “with deliberate and systemic failures to comply with Public Company Accounting Oversight Board standards in its audits and reviews incorporated in more than 1,500 SEC filings from January 2021 through June 2023,” according to a filing.

To settle the chargers, BF Borgers and Benjamin Borgers have agreed to pay civil penalties of $12 million and $2 million, respectively. Both also have agreed to permanent suspensions from appearing and practicing before the SEC as accountants, effective immediately.

Trump Media stock was tumbling 5.2% to $46.15.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/djt-stock-falls-sec-charges-trump-media-auditing-firm-with-massive-fraud/ar-AA1o5xV8

Is anyone surprised?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Here's the numbers from the first Quarter:

Revenues: $770,500

Profit or loss: -$327,600,000

With an admittedly shaky understanding of corporate finance, would I be right in saying that the company's costs were around $400 million for the first quarter? Is that even feasible for running a website with a few thousand users? How can any site possibly cost over $4 million per day to run? 

7 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

With an admittedly shaky understanding of corporate finance, would I be right in saying that the company's costs were around $400 million for the first quarter? Is that even feasible for running a website with a few thousand users? How can any site possibly cost over $4 million per day to run? 

Some of it is 'creative accounting' as a result of the SPAC merger...you know, like grossing up hush money payoffs and recording it as a business expense.

One thing I failed to mention is that even the meager $770K revenue is down from $1.1 million in the previous quarter, so the hype of the merger did not exactly light the business on fire.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1