Foreigners among World Central Kitchen staff killed in Israeli strike

image.png

Amidst the ongoing conflict in the Middle East, a tragic incident has cast a somber shadow on humanitarian efforts. World Central Kitchen, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing meals to disaster-stricken regions, has faced a devastating blow as several of its aid workers were killed in an Israeli military strike in Gaza.

The aid workers, including foreign nationals from various countries, were on a mission to deliver much-needed food aid to the starving civilians in Gaza. Tragically, their convoy, clearly marked with the charity's logo, was targeted despite coordination with the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) and operating in a designated safe zone.

image.png

The loss of these dedicated individuals has sent shockwaves through the humanitarian community. World Central Kitchen CEO Erin Gore expressed profound sorrow, emphasizing the commitment of the fallen aid workers to alleviate suffering and spread compassion.

The incident has raised questions about the safety of humanitarian workers in conflict zones and the need for accountability for such tragic events. It also underscores the precarious situation in Gaza, where millions of people are grappling with food insecurity amid widespread destruction and restricted access to aid.

image.png

In response to the attack, calls for a thorough investigation and accountability have been made by various parties, including World Central Kitchen founder José Andrés. He urged the Israeli government to halt indiscriminate killings and ensure the protection of aid workers delivering vital assistance to vulnerable populations.

The loss of these dedicated individuals serves as a stark reminder of the risks faced by humanitarian workers in conflict zones and the urgent need for measures to safeguard their lives and facilitate their crucial work. As the international community mourns the tragic loss, efforts to address the root causes of conflicts and alleviate human suffering must be redoubled.

Source

image.png

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Kirby is IMO biased on israel's side, and I don't believe much he says.

Apparently Kirby thinks the IDF is so incompetent that it's forces don't know what they are shooting at or bombing. Perhaps they are completely incompetent which would explain a lot of their "mistakes" over the past 6 months.

Kirby is IMO biased on israel's side, and I don't believe much he says.

I didn't expect you to but its not about what you believe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Three British nationals have been killed by an Israeli air strike as they were working to deliver food aid in Gaza. They were among seven workers with the charity World Central Kitchen who died after attacks on their vehicles - despite having coordinated with the Israeli military over their movements. The Foreign Secretary David Cameron has called on Israel to provide a 'full, transparent explanation of what happened'. Israel has promised an independent investigation of what Prime Minister Netanyahu called 'a tragic incident'.

Warning: This report contains distressing images.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tgw said:

I think Israel is doing it wrong.

After locking down Gaza, they should have organized supplies deliveries to Gaza and built temporary camps outside of Gaza to welcome temporarily displaced Gazans.
Then, the Israeli military should have proceeded block by block, ordering habitants to leave via secure corridors and then be filtrated with serious background checks. Those determined not to be HAMAS or HAMAS sympathisers could then be temporarily sheltered in the camps, with full support by international NGO.

Then the military would very thoroughly search the evacuated block, which would then be made a heavily guarded no man's land.

Then the next block.

When the guarded no man's land moves to the next block and frees up a safe block, its inhabitants could return, fully supported by international NGO, after maybe one or two months it took to clear their block.
This method seems a no brainer, I'm puzzled as to why they didn't proceed like that, but then I know Nethanyahu's methods, which I despise.

You mean something like a jail riot? Lock the inmates in secured areas and then go after the troublemakers. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, couchpotato said:

Praise!!...30,000 deaths (and 70k injured) including women and children, is only worthy of contempt and ridicule.

Considering that 13,000 of that figure is Hamas terrorists killed and another 13,000 comes from unverified sources, yes praise be indeed.

• Sad 3
  • Agree 1