Colonic Irrigation in Phuket

xylophone

11 hours ago, Serenity_Now said:

but wait till the camera guy gets a go colonoscopy
Now that an experience of discomfort all played out in technicolor on the screen in front of you 
poor old harrison ford had to undergo that 

Have had a few Colonoscopies over the years with no problem and with the last one here they used a weak sedative as they also did a gastroscopy ......both ends explored!!!

• Haha 1

I had a large plate of cooked spinach for dinner, and the next morning a bran fibre breakfast with strawberries and blueberries, followed by a whole papaya later in the day and a spinach dinner last night....and still no effect, however I think the swelling from my broken coccyx may be impacting on the natural flow of things, so will keep trying, as well as searching out the natural Thai remedies posted here.

Many thanks for the advice.

21 hours ago, xylophone said:

I have often thought of visiting one of these clinics for a colon detox, this especially as I have a terribly slow digestive system and constipation, amongst other things is something I have to live with.

HOWEVER, a week ago I back-flipped off the back of a motorbike taxi on my steep drive and it turns out not only do I have concussion and a badly damaged heel, but I've also broken one of my coccyx vertebrae, which is extremely painful and the swelling interferes with many things in that area, so a visit to the local Phuket Detox clinic almost opposite the main entrance to Bangkok Phuket hospital seemed to be a good choice.

It's a very small place and it has a colonic irrigation machine on the second floor, so I booked a session there and then, and the woman in charge, Mon, was very pleasant and helpful in getting me set up for the session. It was pretty easy although having a catheter like plastic pipe stuck up my bum (but only for a couple of inches) was not that pleasant, probably because of the swelling from my injury, however we went ahead and she did manage to flush out some pebble-sized faeces, which had been there for about five days since my accident, so I was most pleased about that.

I may well make it a fairly regular occurrence due to my slow digestive system, as well as increasing fruit and fibre, along with water. However if anyone else wanted to try this for one reason or another, I can recommend this place.

The telephone number is: – 096 696 4553.

Thanks for ruining my breakfast.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, xylophone said:

I have often thought of visiting one of these clinics for a colon detox, this especially as I have a terribly slow digestive system and constipation, amongst other things is something I have to live with.

HOWEVER, a week ago I back-flipped off the back of a motorbike taxi on my steep drive and it turns out not only do I have concussion and a badly damaged heel, but I've also broken one of my coccyx vertebrae, which is extremely painful and the swelling interferes with many things in that area, so a visit to the local Phuket Detox clinic almost opposite the main entrance to Bangkok Phuket hospital seemed to be a good choice.

It's a very small place and it has a colonic irrigation machine on the second floor, so I booked a session there and then, and the woman in charge, Mon, was very pleasant and helpful in getting me set up for the session. It was pretty easy although having a catheter like plastic pipe stuck up my bum (but only for a couple of inches) was not that pleasant, probably because of the swelling from my injury, however we went ahead and she did manage to flush out some pebble-sized faeces, which had been there for about five days since my accident, so I was most pleased about that.

I may well make it a fairly regular occurrence due to my slow digestive system, as well as increasing fruit and fibre, along with water. However if anyone else wanted to try this for one reason or another, I can recommend this place.

The telephone number is: – 096 696 4553.

A katoey would be cheaper.:tongue:

You need to eat backwards; start with dessert, then the main, and as last the veggie soup to push things through with its fibers. Fibers are good and go down well when warm in soup.

22 hours ago, save the frogs said:

you get pectin from eating apples.

I have not eaten applesauce in over 20 years... didn't even know I missed it - been making my own the last 3 weeks... very easy to make - this week I mixed in a handful of strawberries and pineapple.. a dash of cinnamon. Great stuff and healthy too... 

• Agree 2

My doctor prescribed suppositories. A couple of days later he asked me if the had been effective. I told him that they were useless and that I might have well stuck them up my RS. 🙄

I just want to add that many of the natural things mentioned in this thread like senna and the natural Thai products made from ginger, tamarind, and other things are not really what you want.

I say this because that many of these things generally work by causing some indigestion that can cause the bowels to spasm and push harder than usual to get things out. The result can be discomfort, sometimes a loss of hydration, and the hard pushing can sometimes cause other things like hemorrhoids. So they should only be used for short term relief of heavy constipation.

But what people should really do is focus on long term dietary and lifestyle changes that increase natural fiber intake to increase toileting regularity and reduce the amount of dairy, fatty and other types of foods that often cause the opposite effect. 

If you eat about 200 grams of raw salad per day and get at least another 20 grams of fiber from other things (like psyllium husk) you should be good.

They say that daily fiber intake should be about 35 grams a day. I think the average person probably takes in about 15 to 20 grams per day at most, in some cases, maybe even a lot less, which is often the root of the problem. 

Edited by ABCDBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I have not eaten applesauce in over 20 years... didn't even know I missed it - been making my own the last 3 weeks... very easy to make - this week I mixed in a handful of strawberries and pineapple.. a dash of cinnamon. Great stuff and healthy too... 

I thought about applesauce as I have seen large jars of it in TOPS, so will give it a try.

17 hours ago, ABCDBKK said:

I just want to add that many of the natural things mentioned in this thread like senna and the natural Thai products made from ginger, tamarind, and other things are not really what you want.

I say this because that many of these things generally work by causing some indigestion that can cause the bowels to spasm and push harder than usual to get things out. The result can be discomfort, sometimes a loss of hydration, and the hard pushing can sometimes cause other things like hemorrhoids. So they should only be used for short term relief of heavy constipation.

But what people should really do is focus on long term dietary and lifestyle changes that increase natural fiber intake to increase toileting regularity and reduce the amount of dairy, fatty and other types of foods that often cause the opposite effect. 

If you eat about 200 grams of raw salad per day and get at least another 20 grams of fiber from other things (like psyllium husk) you should be good.

They say that daily fiber intake should be about 35 grams a day. I think the average person probably takes in about 15 to 20 grams per day at most, in some cases, maybe even a lot less, which is often the root of the problem. 

Thanks again, and I have eaten a whole head of raw broccoli as a salad with plenty of olive oil...........but no effect I'm afraid, then agaain maybe I am hoping for miracles happening too quickly?

I sympathise with you . Constipation is joked about by some but it is indeed a nasty event when you are unable to pass a stool . Had it a few times . Can be caused by your diet or some medications . If you can introduce fresh fruits such as water melon , mango or papaya . Eat salads with extra virgin olive oil or even drink 2 tablespoons of evoo  . Also a drink of milk of magnesia will clear you out . 

Do you suffer from indigestion ?  

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, superal said:

I sympathise with you . Constipation is joked about by some but it is indeed a nasty event when you are unable to pass a stool . Had it a few times . Can be caused by your diet or some medications . If you can introduce fresh fruits such as water melon , mango or papaya . Eat salads with extra virgin olive oil or even drink 2 tablespoons of evoo  . Also a drink of milk of magnesia will clear you out . 

Thanks and I am on to eating more fruit and have salads and EV olive oil and always have, but as I was diagnosed by BUPA 40 yrs ago as having a slow digestive system, I guess it is something I have to live with, although it has been getting slower to the point of not working!

The Doc at the hospital gave me some Milk of Magnesia after they discovered that I had boken my coccyx as that would impact my colon efficiency, so I have that handy, but as yet it hasn't made an impact........so I went back on to the prune juice mixed with Sorbitol, and that did the trick!! It acts as an osmotic laxative drawing water into the coln/intestines so hopefully it will be ok to use it on a regular basis/when necessary!

50 minutes ago, superal said:

Forgot to answer that, sorry...................no have never suffered from indigestion.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is very extreme, but you may want to try the colonoscopy prep routine if you can't find anything that works, and you're determined to get cleaned out. 

In my case, I was instructed to buy a 20-pack box of Miralax powder, and dissolve 1 packet in 8oz (235ml) of water and drink it every 15 minutes the day before my colonoscopy. 16 packets in all. After the 4 hours of Miralax every 15 minutes, follow-up with 4 tablets of Dulcolax.  After the first 3 or 4 rounds of Miralax, you'll find yourself on the toilet every 15 minutes, corresponding to each successive round.  As I said, this is very extreme but your colon will be clean as a whistle.  Miralax is a form of polyethyeneglycol (a very close cousin of antifreeze), so I'd do this only if absolutely necessary. And no, I'm not an MD.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrDave said:

This is very extreme, but you may want to try the colonoscopy prep routine if you can't find anything that works, and you're determined to get cleaned out. 

In my case, I was instructed to buy a 20-pack box of Miralax powder, and dissolve 1 packet in 8oz (235ml) of water and drink it every 15 minutes the day before my colonoscopy. 16 packets in all. After the 4 hours of Miralax every 15 minutes, follow-up with 4 tablets of Dulcolax.  After the first 3 or 4 rounds of Miralax, you'll find yourself on the toilet every 15 minutes, corresponding to each successive round.  As I said, this is very extreme but your colon will be clean as a whistle.  Miralax is a form of polyethyeneglycol (a very close cousin of antifreeze), so I'd do this only if absolutely necessary. And no, I'm not an MD.

Thanks for the tip DrDave, and after trying just about everything including Dulcolax, I hadn't thought about your suggestion, however I won't dismiss it at this point in time.

I went to see the doctor who did my colonoscopy and took along all of my "medications" which were supposed to help constipation, and he recommended something called Resolor, which worked the first time I took it, but on subsequent occasions, not so, so I'm left with a quandary of what to do, so your suggestion may well come in handy.

I also think that because of my recent accident and a broken coccyx, which has caused some swelling round that region, things aren't working as well as they should, so last night I took three Dulcolax tablets and that worked to a certain extent, so I may not have to go back onto my regime of prune juice and sorbitol, which often works far too well, if that is at all possible!

Thanks for your post, much appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 1