Anglican Church

CrossBones

Christ Church at the corner of Sathorn Road and Convent Road is your best bet. That's a Church of England church. There's also Holy Redeemer Catholic Church on Soi Ruamrudee close to Ploenchit BTS. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I just don't understand why anybody would want to join a cult of nonsense and fantasy. 

Sorry but they are all nonsense to me. 

Don't feel sad for me, I'm perfectly happy with my opinions on GOD. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ignore it said:

Asking this lot about churches is a bit of a long shot. 

I laughed out loud (as they say) when I saw this one-liner.

Yes, I'd have to admit that it is difficult to imagine some of the yobbos on here bending down reverently before sidling into the pew.

But then on further thought, it has to be admitted that ignore it (wonderful pseudonym) and I both belong to all "this lot"......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Jing Joe said:

BFC said... Christ Church at the corner of Sathorn Road and Convent Road is your best bet. 

Banana and custard after the service a speciality. 😉

Edited by scorecard

39 minutes ago, blazes said:

I laughed out loud (as they say) when I saw this one-liner.

Yes, I'd have to admit that it is difficult to imagine some of the yobbos on here bending down reverently before sidling into the pew.

But then on further thought, it has to be admitted that ignore it (wonderful pseudonym) and I both belong to all "this lot"......

"...difficult to imagine some of the yobbos on here bending down reverently before sidling into the pew...." I agree, because I am not a believer, and never will be.

You might like to note there's been several reports recently that there is no evidence whatever that Jesus or God ever existed.

My main experience with christianity was when I was conscripted for national service, about 1 month before the end of boot camp (3 months total) we were told that the next day we would going to the camp chapel to meet / listen to the camp chaplain (Church of England guy) for an hour. Up to that point nobody knew there was a chapel / chaplain in the camp, and a couple of soldiers were strongly upset because if they had known they would have tried to attend a service or gone to the chapel alone to pray.

We marched in and were told to stand to attention in front of one of the chairs all lined in rows.  The chaplain came in in his robes and told us to sit down. Two NCO trainers sat at the side along with our platoon officer, a young officer who had recently returned after his service in Vietnam was completed.

The chaplain walked back and forth repeating continuously 'I am your friend', and 'Jesus, god and myself promise you that you will not get injured when you are in Sth Vietnam'. Plus more and more 'I am your friend'.

Then he said I invite you to ask me any questions / any questions at all, and I will answer your questions.

A few guys asked questions and the chaplain answered. Then I asked 'sir I have never understood where the bible came from?'  The chaplain then 'turned' and got extremely angry and accused me of being insulting to the bible, god, jesus and to him.  He then instructed 2 soldiers to march me to the camp commanders office and to tell the camp commander that I had been insulting.

A few minutes later, no opportunity to confirm or deny the chaplains claim and i was ordered to do extra cleaning duties every morning from 3:00 am to until about 6. 30am for the rest of my time at the boot camp.

A couple of days later a few of the new conscripts and myself were talking to the platoon officer.  He mentioned 'there is severe danger in the operational areas in Sth. Vietnam, soldiers get killed, lose limbs and more and the chaplain should not have told you he can totally protect you, and he looked at me and said 'I'm sorry the chaplain got so angry with you and that you are doing kitchen duties for no valid reason'.

The platoon officer then said;

- Make sure you listen very carefully to your orders at all times

- Never take any action that was not instructed by your senior leader except of course to try to shoot the enemy.

So much for Christianity. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Love It 1

They are all cults, and  "normal" people do not believe in this rubbish. The only people who do, are those who have been brainwashed to the necessary degree, this normally takes place in their formative years.   Due to the "influence and power" of "the church" which is a relic from medieval times, this brainwashing is sanctioned by governments, and  it invariably takes place from the minute children start schooling, as young minds are very impressionable to suggestion, but just like the tooth fairy and father christmas, normal people grow out of it

I wonder what the success rate would be if it was not allowed to be forced on people until they reached adulthood ?

Why do they feel the need to indulge this fantasy en masse in the company of like minded others? Bearing in mind their allegedly strong faith,  Is it not possible for them to communicate with their imaginary friend in the privacy of their own bedrooms?  It's high time any public mention of religion was made illegal.

What sort of people revere religions,  especially given the number of pedophiles that have held positions of power in them  and been protected from the consequences of their sickening behaviour?

And as for finding other "followers" who do not pass judgement, good luck with that , it is one of the core reasons d'etre of all religions, and  more pertinently what has the OP got to hide from others that he does not want to be judged

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

"...difficult to imagine some of the yobbos on here bending down reverently before sidling into the pew...." I agree, because I am not a believer, and never will be.

You might like to note there's been several reports recently that there is no evidence whatever that Jesus or God ever existed.

My main experience with christianity was when I was conscripted for national service, about 1 month before the end of boot camp (3 months total) we were told that the next day we would going to the camp chapel to meet / listen to the camp chaplain (Church of England guy) for an hour. Up to that point nobody knew there was a chapel / chaplain in the camp, and a couple of soldiers were strongly upset because if they had known they would have tried to attend a service or gone to the chapel alone to pray.

We marched in and were told to stand to attention in front of one of the chairs all lined in rows.  The chaplain came in in his robes and told us to sit down. Two NCO trainers sat at the side along with our platoon officer, a young officer who had recently returned after his service in Vietnam was completed.

The chaplain walked back and forth repeating continuously 'I am your friend', and 'Jesus, god and myself promise you that you will not get injured when you are in Sth Vietnam'. Plus more and more 'I am your friend'.

Then he said I invite you to ask me any questions / any questions at all, and I will answer your questions.

A few guys asked questions and the chaplain answered. Then I asked 'sir I have never understood where the bible came from?'  The chaplain then 'turned' and got extremely angry and accused me of being insulting to the bible, god, jesus and to him.  He then instructed 2 soldiers to march me to the camp commanders office and to tell the camp commander that I had been insulting.

A few minutes later, no opportunity to confirm or deny the chaplains claim and i was ordered to do extra cleaning duties every morning from 3:00 am to until about 6. 30am for the rest of my time at the boot camp.

A couple of days later a few of the new conscripts and myself were talking to the platoon officer.  He mentioned 'there is severe danger in the operational areas in Sth. Vietnam, soldiers get killed, lose limbs and more and the chaplain should not have told you he can totally protect you, and he looked at me and said 'I'm sorry the chaplain got so angry with you and that you are doing kitchen duties for no valid reason'.

- Never take any action that was not instructed by your senior leader except of course to try to shoot the enemy.

Nicely summed up

• Agree 1

having grown up in CoE, I find evangelicals at ECB fits the description you are looking for better than proper Anglican church 

the american-styled service takes a bit to get used to the pomp of Anglican church though 

5 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Hi @CrossBones, You certainly came to the right forum to ask for help. Sadly, instead of shutting their trap because they don't want to believe in God and have a warped sense of who and what God is, you're going to receive a lot of venomous comments. I think "freeworld" gave you a very good list of the churches and their affiliation in his comment.  There is also the Bangkok International Christian Church, which is located at 2089 Sukhumvit. (I know nothing about them. I just stumbled on to their facebook page because I was looking for the name of a church that I thought was on Sukhumvit Soi 6, which I had attended when I first arrived 26+ years ago. Maybe I'm confusing it with the one on Soi 10.)  Anyway, at the time (and now) I live(d) too far from that area to catch a cab to get into town and back (I'm in East Lam Luk ka now) on a Sunday morning (or any time for that matter).

I wish you the best in your search and take care. 

Google is you friend.

'...have a warped sense of who and what God is  ..." 

So please share what God is to you and what you think others believe to be god.

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2024 at 11:04 AM, CrossBones said:

Hi

I am looking for a church to attend regularly. Having lived in the north i didnt go to church much, they were mostly American cults or  places run by pious missionaries.

Is there any church were normal people go  Where Christians are just normal people who go to church where its not a core part of your personality passing judgement on others.

Whats the closest thing to Church of England in Bangkok? I live at Asoke

Thanks

There is nothing in this world more disgusting than religious colonization.
Shame on you.  Keep your delusions to yourself.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

'...have a warped sense of who and what God is  ..." 

So please share what God is to you and what you think others believe to be god.

Why no answer from the OP?

12 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

I don't think "normal" people go to churches anymore, do they?

normal people who reach the age of reason, about ten years old, generally stop believing in santa and tooth faries and flying reindeers...unfortunately so many people are brainwashed from very early ages to believe in virgin births, people coming back from the dead, wine to water, parting of the seas that they somehow miss the age of reason and the ability to think for themselves rather than join a religious cult.

Not to mention theories that no matter what a horrible person you may have been your entire life, no matter how many people you kill or rob or rape or whatever all you have to do is right before you die say "sorry about that" and you will go straight to heaven  while all the fools like me who call BS will be frying in eternal hell.

Why not live and let live?

The OP isn't trying to start mass conversions to Church of England.

When sharing your sophisticated non-religious convictions did you forget to mention you are a vegan as well?

No one asked about your beliefs and no one cares what they are.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

Oh Scorecard thats sad to hear and is NOT what Christianity is about but was human failings and the military dictatorship.  I'ts about peace patience kindness compassion forgiveness LOVE etc etc,  so regardless wherever you are "at", and unlike the military chaplain, is mere forgiveness a starting point? Are the above principles worthy?  Would even the venemous detractors here want it any other way?  People and even religious organizations will let you down, and they did.

Edited by Jing Joe
edit

42 minutes ago, pomchop said:

normal people who reach the age of reason, about ten years old, generally stop believing in santa and tooth faries and flying reindeers...unfortunately so many people are brainwashed from very early ages to believe in virgin births, people coming back from the dead, wine to water, parting of the seas that they somehow miss the age of reason and the ability to think for themselves rather than join a religious cult.

Not to mention theories that no matter what a horrible person you may have been your entire life, no matter how many people you kill or rob or rape or whatever all you have to do is right before you die say "sorry about that" and you will go straight to heaven  while all the fools like me who call BS will be frying in eternal hell.

So you believe in Hell, eh?  Maybe, instead, you might want to join the Climate Cultists, because they keep telling us we are all going to be "frying" very soon if we don't do as they say....

7 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Why not live and let live?

The OP isn't trying to start mass conversions to Church of England.

Yes cdemundo, agree, live and let live, and I wonder if if crossbones is just a little bit of a mischevious likeable character by asking here and not Googling where is a Bkk C of E.?  so maybe with just their few added stirry words, do they like baiting/watching the entertaining lions to come out in this forum? 😁

• Sad 1