BREAKING NEWS! Iran potentially triggers World War 3

george

Just now, scottiejohn said:

Only if the Helo and the crew (ground and airborne) are on "alert 5"!

The time it took to respond beggared belief. The IDF would have known about the attack before any of them left Gaza. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

I've understood you state false things all the time. Even if Israel attacked the GARAGE adjacent to the embassy, that's good enough for me to see it as an unprovoked Israeli attack. They say they thought the consultant was being used for purposes Israel didn't like. I"m sure Israel has people like this in all their embassies, consulates, and garages all over the world. 

Can you provide a link to those false things please then get back on topic, its not about me or you, its about facts

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I don't know the difference between an embassy and a consulate

In that case you might be better off on a thread that you have more understanding of; try one of the motoring posts, they are always entertaining.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You do not understand. Here is what the US says about annexes:

https://diplomacy.state.gov/what-is-a-u-s-embassy/#:~:text=The U.S. Embassy Building,often architectural works of art.

The U.S. Embassy Building

A large embassy can have many buildings. The main embassy building is called the chancery, and additional buildings are called annexes. As the public faces of the United States in host countries, embassies are often architectural works of art.

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Can you provide a link to those false things please then get back on topic, its not about me or you, its about facts

Read the Wikipedia article and the title, "Israeli bombing of the Iranian embassy in Damascus". It even says "embassy compound". An "annex" building doesn't mean it's not the embassy anymore. It's about facts, not your feelings, Schlomo.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, AreYouGerman said:

Yeah, and Iran was trying to hit the people who kill Iranians. What's your point?

So you mean it's all OK?  You would apply different rules would you?

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

God given facts?

4 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

Read the Wikipedia article and the title, "Israeli bombing of the Iranian embassy in Damascus". It even says "embassy compound". An "annex" building doesn't mean it's not the embassy anymore. It's about facts, not your feelings, Schlomo.

I quoted the article. Anyway the Embassy was not touched in the missile strike, the annex consulate was. The photos are there to see.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, rabas said:

Well, no its not correct, is it. Embassies and consulates are generally not the same. Read, not Al Jazeera. 

On 1 April 2024, an Israeli airstrike destroyed the Iranian consulate annex building adjacent to the Iranian embassy in Damascus, Syria, killing 16 people, including a senior Quds Force commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Zahedi and seven other IRGC officers. WIKI

So, knocked off top Irani generals assigned to attacking Israel.  Which you ignore. 

Actually even the Hamas supporting Al Jazeera calls it the consulate.

Israel strikes Iran consulate in Syria’s capital Damascus: What we know

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/4/2/attack-on-iran-consulate-in-damascus-what-do-we-know

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It does not surprise me that you do not understand the difference, it is pretty complicated. 

A consulate is where you would go to replace your passport, or some other citizen service. 

An embassy is where the Ambassador has you over for drinks. 

There is only ever one Embassy in a country but there can be many Consulates!

An Embassy may be treated as Sovereign territory but a consulate is just an office for diplomats (often part time) to work in.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

American citizens will see zero benefit from a war with iran. Therefore, one will most likely take place. attacking consulates is more egregious than most seem to know. Israel is quite simply an American citizens worst nightmare. There is no upside and we fund their entire military, it’s a disgrace. 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

I think old sleepy Joe is responsible for Iran having the go-dads for this strike because old Joe sure does not have any. This strike would have never happened if a true patriot such as Trump were President of the United States. They will bring old sleepy Joe out of the basement for a few get tough speeches and then bring him back down for a nap, Israel is on their own and certainly capable of making glass out of Iran.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

Biden said the US will not join Israel in an attack against Iran, but Bibi may want to test that statement, and may push him to do just that. Long post, but I believe this is where we are. NO NEED FOR WIDER WAR! This is an easy one to walk away from. All Biden and his team of foreign policy advisors need to do is make it very clear that this ends NOW, for all parties involved.

Shortened your quote because this is the only part I wanted to respond to, I agree with pretty much everything else in your post.

It's only an easy one to walk away from if you want to walk away .

I don't think Bibi and his cronies want to walk away from this, because it is winning them global support again. What is really confusing is HOW is this madness winning approval from western nations? It is unthinkable! If Iran had bombed one of America's consulates - which is against international law - you would see condemnation from all nations, and a massive - and justified - response from America.

• Confused 3

14 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

There is only ever one Embassy in a country but there can be many Consulates!

An Embassy may be treated as Sovereign territory but a consulate is just an office for diplomats (often part time) to work in.

I think the consulate was part of the embassy compound. If correct that makes the difference irrelevant.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1