A Weary Trump Appears to Doze Off in Courtroom Ahead of Criminal Trial

Social Media

6 hours ago, Tug said:

Awww he’s all tuckered out from all the winning remember when he said that……….actually it’s a well known fact criminals tend to yawn during interrogation/court feigned boredom 

Well known fact. Right. Yawn.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s the laugh out loud, tone deaf hypocrisy of that argument.

Trump supporters are busy making the argument that the politically biased SCOTUS judges he himself nominated will save him from any criminal verdicts Juries hand down against him.

Some going as far as to argue they will only accept a Jury’s guilty verdict against Trump if it’s upheld by the Supreme Court.

The claim the SCOTUS will save Trump is a common refrain from Trump supporters both foreign and domestic.

Oh yes. These pages are full of such arguments. Yawn.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Emdog said:

What are the hours the court is in session?

remember seeing his schedule while in the White House included late rising, puttering about with Fox on in background, long lunch... basically hours of a retired man with few hobbies or interests

To expect him to stay awake, even get up in the morning, is more than "Sleepy Don" can handle

Can we see this sleepy schedule then? I can't remember it.

Edited by nauseus
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Our friends the Trump fans don't post until they get talking points, so there's always a lag.

The official talking point from Trump is that he didn't fall asleep. 

That's pretty weak sauce, but tomorrow some Trump fan will post that it's a lie that Trump was sleeping in court.

The weak source is at the foot of the the OP. Even the biased MSM can't agree. NYT says he was dozing while CNN says he was paying "close attention". Difficult to do both. Bunch of jokers.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/15/politics/video/trump-courtroom-new-york-scannell-digvid 

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1

20 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

'Difficult to do both'.

Logic would suggest otherwise.

The statement presents a false dilemma and a dichotomy either/or fallacy. It suggests that the only two possibilities are that he was either dozing or paying close attention at the same time, when in reality, there could be a range of behaviors in between these two extremes over the four hours that he was in court.

If you say so, Doctor. Same time next week?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Somewhere back in these pages is a missive from yourself getting extremely irate when I pointed out you don’t accept the allegations against Trump, you will not accept any indictments against Trump, you will not accept any trial of Trump, you will not accept any verdict against Trump and you will not accept any sentences handed down by the court against Trump.

I plan to dig it out when the right moment arises.

No time like the present, eh? 

• Confused 3
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, LosLobo said:

The problem is that Trump allegedly interfered and attempted to influence the outcome of the elections in 2016, which could be seen as an attempt to deceive the American electorate in their decision-making process.

How does the hush money payment an attempt to interfere with an election. 

Two of Trump's other criminal cases are about the 2020 election and likewise are alleged election interference.

Georgia and what's the other? 

Similarly Russian collusion, and both impeachments, more election interference.

All proven false

Seems Trump doesn't give two hoots about letting the American people decide.

Seeps he has a better shot with them than with the "judicial" system. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s the laugh out loud, tone deaf hypocrisy of that argument.

Trump supporters are busy making the argument that the politically biased SCOTUS judges he himself nominated will save him from any criminal verdicts Juries hand down against him.

So the SCOTUS judges are biased? 

Some going as far as to argue they will only accept a Jury’s guilty verdict against Trump if it’s upheld by the Supreme Court.

What I said was that the "crime' in this case is made up, and that the judge hates Trump. That is what I would not trust the outcome. 

The claim the SCOTUS will save Trump is a common refrain from Trump supporters both foreign and domestic.

• Like 1

The Prosecution have asked the Judge to rule on three cases of Trump violating the gag order he’s under.

The Judge will hear these cases on Thursday April 23.

I’m guessing Trump will be wide awake during that hearing.

But will he accept any judgement against him, without breaking the gag order?

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What I said was that the "crime' in this case is made up, and that the judge hates Trump. That is what I would not trust the outcome. 

Ok, you got the point of my post.

Now sit back and enjoy the trial.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

SCOTUS judges biased. Absolutely. On both sides. But especially Thomas. Hello...free RV!

• Agree 2

Just now, Roo Island said:

SCOTUS judges biased. Absolutely. On both sides. But especially Thomas. Hello...free RV!

How what position has Thomas taken you felt was biased? 

What does free RV mean?

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump will not accepted any judgement against him.

Nor will his followers, both foreign and domestic.

If he does not believe he is guilty, why should he? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

How what position has Thomas taken you felt was biased? 

What does free RV mean?

Well there was this to start with:

For example, Thomas declined to recuse himself and dissented when the Supreme Court denied Arizona Republicans’ petition to stop the so-called "January 6 committee" from obtaining their phone records in the probe of the Capitol attacks.
The justice participated despite the fact that his wife had contacted Arizona lawmakers to urge them to help overturn the election results, according to reports by the Washington Post in June 2022. Ginni Thomas was even questioned by the January 6 committee. (The recusal statute requires disqualification if a spouse has an interest in the proceeding or may be “a material witness in the proceeding.”).

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/column-justice-thomas-rare-recusal-was-an-attempt-damage-control-little-else-2023-10-24/#:~:text=Oct 24 (Reuters) - Justice,as too little%2C too late.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well there was this to start with:

For example, Thomas declined to recuse himself and dissented when the Supreme Court denied Arizona Republicans’ petition to stop the so-called "January 6 committee" from obtaining their phone records in the probe of the Capitol attacks.
The justice participated despite the fact that his wife had contacted Arizona lawmakers to urge them to help overturn the election results, according to reports by the Washington Post in June 2022. Ginni Thomas was even questioned by the January 6 committee. (The recusal statute requires disqualification if a spouse has an interest in the proceeding or may be “a material witness in the proceeding.”).

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/column-justice-thomas-rare-recusal-was-an-attempt-damage-control-little-else-2023-10-24/#:~:text=Oct 24 (Reuters) - Justice,as too little%2C too late.

What position has Thomas taken you felt was biased? 

What does free RV mean?

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m absolutely sure Trump doesn’t think he’s broken any laws, he thinks he’s above the law.

He’s said so on a number of occasions.

But what he thinks once the Jury has passed verdict is an irrelevance.

I don't think Trump has ever said he was above the law. Do you have anything that supports your false claim? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1