Stuck with my laptop with the aircon going

rexpotter

28 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

Anybody care to share a thermometer reading from their home?

25 degrees and 15% humidity according to the temp gauge in my home office, with two 3D printers running.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

25 degrees and 15% humidity according to the temp gauge in my home office, with two 3D printers running.

We got 288m2 living space, 4 aircon rooms included tv room and gym, but still I would like to spend some time outside.

Like walking outside in a nice sunny day. 🌞 20240113_134632.thumb.jpg.f5f412e9d8713059e25194897ed5c575.jpg

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

We got 288m2 living space, 4 aircon rooms included tv room and gym, but still I would like to spend some time outside.

Like walking outside in a nice sunny day. 🌞 20240113_134632.thumb.jpg.f5f412e9d8713059e25194897ed5c575.jpg

good for you champ.

I understand the OP.   A condo life wouldn't be for me ever.    Not sure i would be able to stand the current heat of Thailand.  41 was my warmest experience and i didn't like it.  I thought 10 years in dallas and Texas was to hot.  Raised in Denver. Many of you talk about doing nothing midday.   When I'm in Thailand I think its to hot by 8 am.  

I want to know how many of your have lived in a dry 4 season climate with matural beauty like Colorado or Utah?.  I'll wager a big bet its none to 1.  Incredible weather here now. Cool mornings, fresh air, blue skies, never a thought its got and I worked outside most days.   

When Im in Thailand or here aircon in summer jun-sep  must be below 26 or im not going to sleep. Many days recently its been 15c or  so in the bedroom in the morning.   Down comforter and warm wife feels so good.   I guess my only choice living in Thailand would be to try koh Samui on the beach breeze side but not sure that wouldn't get boring.  

Right now I'm stressing because I want to fish ice off , fly fishing for the whities schooling, hunting morels.   Cant do it all. Ski areas still open.  

Edited by Elkski

On 4/17/2024 at 1:06 PM, Korat Kiwi said:

It just that they don't know the saying.... 'If you've got nothing good to say, then say nothing' 

You see it a lot on AN.  

Could say that about the opening post of the thread!!

PH

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I understand the OP.   A condo life wouldn't be for me ever.    Not sure i would be able to stand the current heat of Thailand.  41 was my warmest experience and i didn't like it.  I tgought 10 years in dallas and Texas wS to hot.  Raised in Denver. Many of you talk about doing noting midday.   When I'm in Thailand I think its to hot by 8 am.  

I want to know how many of your have have lived in a dry 4 season climate with matural beauty like Colorado or Utah?.  I'll wager a big bet its none to 1.  Incredible weather here now. Cool mornings, fresh air, blue skies, never a thiught its gor and I worked outside most days.   

When Im in Thailand or here air in must be below 26 or im not going to sleep. Many days recently its been 15c or  so in the bedroom in the morning.   Down comforter and warm wife feels so good.   I guess my onky choice qoukd be to try koh Samui on the beach breeze side but not sure that wouldn't get boring.  

Right now I'm stressing because I want to fo ice off fishing, fky fishing fir the whities schooling, hunting morels.   

Lived 15 yrs in Central Oznear the Simpson Desert, Birdsville Track, Lake Eyre,  Telegraph line and Ghan  Railway, 55 deg.C dry heat.SFA rain, frosts during winter nites, hot as those days too.Been  here 8yrs, Pattaya heat is killing me this year! 

5 minutes ago, superal said:

If it's 41 c in the shade in Isaan , what is the temperature out of the shade ? 

The true air temperature is not much different, what is different is the temperature you feel, maybe 10 degrees C above the shade temperature.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

I thought I would be overwhelmed with compassion and brotherly love. Going through this human endurance test.

It is a grumpy old man syndrom in here

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

I thought I would be overwhelmed with compassion and brotherly love. Going through this human endurance test.

Since you do not like the replies to your posts why are still making more posts?

Are you a closet masochist?

I live alone, but I enjoy every day.

In the morning, I am busy with a little bit of homework (eating breakfast followed by morning ritual of trying to digest all the medication I need to take; cleaning; reading my emails; and other houshold things)

Around 1pm, I take a bath, dress myself and drive to a mall (The Mall, Terminal 21, Central Plaza, etc.).
Eat lunch and then go to a coffee shop where I drink a coffee and do some work on my Notebook (writing my website and doing some archiving).
Lunch + Coffee + cookie = < 200 Baht.
Enjoying the cool aircon and seeing friends and having a chat with other people.

Around 6pm, I pack my stuff, buy my dinner and drive home.

No time to feel bored or lonely.

27 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

In the morning, I am busy with a little bit of homework (eating breakfast followed by morning ritual of trying to digest all the medication I need to take; cleaning; reading my emails; and other houshold things)

Around 1pm, I take a bath, dress myself and drive to a mall (The Mall, Terminal 21, Central Plaza, etc.).
Eat lunch and then go to a coffee shop where I drink a coffee and do some work on my Notebook (writing my website and doing some archiving).
Enjoying the cool aircon and seeing friends and having a chat with other people.

Happiness comes from inside, well done, Im jealouse 

May I ask how old you are

2 hours ago, rexpotter said:

Why, your a very unimaginative.

pus.JPG

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

15 hours ago, Hummin said:

Is that in Thailand? Looks beautiful

4 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

Is that in Thailand? Looks beautiful

Refreshing for sure, it was in early january at my local beach at my orign location. 

20240214_121712.thumb.jpg.711b6ce0315593268b3dcf81422b6b5f.jpg

On 4/17/2024 at 12:40 PM, connda said:

You've just listed a bunch or reasons to move to a different country.  So, just curious - what do you like that keeps you here?

Its the Asean Now Forum and the love of the community here. Just to know that they are nearby is a wonderful feeling.

One more hour outside, and then time to start the ac and go inside again. ppm76 only so far today. At least had 4 1/2 hour outside today this morning, and hopefuly 2 in the afternoon. 

When I come back , Im thinking of building in the balcony, insulate the walls, and double glazed windows, solar panels, and 24 000btu aircon on 36m2 and aircleaner, but Im afraid, I will start looking for an out from here now. 

Would help with the mosquitoes also. 

20240419_091845.thumb.jpg.64dc8be2e0ac4e411b126bc773409882.jpg

20240419_090735.thumb.jpg.9d3de449c31d88ec4ef54fcd2b36f19e.jpg

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

One more hour outside, and then time to start the ac and go inside again. ppm76 only so far today. At least had 4 1/2 hour outside today this morning, and hopefuly 2 in the afternoon. 

When I come back , Im thinking of building in the balcony, insulate the walls, and double glazed windows, solar panels, and 24 000btu aircon on 36m2 and aircleaner, but Im afraid, I will start looking for an out from here now. 

Would help with the mosquitoes also. 

20240419_091845.thumb.jpg.64dc8be2e0ac4e411b126bc773409882.jpg

20240419_090735.thumb.jpg.9d3de449c31d88ec4ef54fcd2b36f19e.jpg

Ya, its been fun but getting but too crowded, polluted and getting way more expensive than what it has to offer. Twenty years ago, it was basically half the price for almost everything. Not sure if that follows normal inflation but Thia wages certainly have not. Plus the invasion by certain groups who seem to do as they please with very minimal recourse.

Edited by rexpotter
wrong info

1 minute ago, rexpotter said:

Ya, its been fun but getting but too crowded, polluted and getting way more expensive than what it has to offer. Twenty years ago, it was basically half the price for almost everything. That doesn't follow normal inflation. Plus the invasion by certain groups who seem to do as they please with very minimal recourse.

At least the wife have a nice piece of land, worth more than we have invested here, so I just need to be a good buy, and this will be a good experience. 

20 hours ago, Upnotover said:

The true air temperature is not much different, what is different is the temperature you feel, maybe 10 degrees C above the shade temperature.

That is what I was thinking or maybe hotter

I have learnt how to handle heat and now I go out for 1 or 2 hours walking around taking photos. You just need to take standard precautions. Wear a hat, cover your neck and take watch with you. You will sweat of course but you will be ok.