Trump Fined for Contempt of Court, Faces Jail Time for Further Violations

Social Media

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So you’re not engaged in discussion, you’re just name calling.

I read the post, I liked it.

Of course you did, small things amuse small minds.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It would be such a beautiful thing to witness this goon being locked up, because he could not control himself. He believes himself to be above any and all laws. This is a "witch hunt", after all. 

Hoping and dreaming of this fantasy. 

I agree 100%.  Not because I have like or dislike about Trump, my feelings about him are neutral at best.  Nope - it's the Lawfare being wielded against politicians.  This is fun to watch.  Fun in the sense that once the Lawfare Genie is completely out of the bottle in the US, there will be no way to put it back in.  And then?  Let The Games Begin as the US political system and system of justice descends into third-world irrelevance. 

But "Oh?"  Ya'll think it stops with just Trump?  Nope.  Lawfare will be the cudgel and the baton used to beat political opponents by whichever Uni-Party Swamp-Critters whom manage to ooze to the reeking surface of the US ruling class.  The US will rip itself apart.
As the USSR's Chief of Secret Police, Lavrentiy Beria said, "Show me the man and I'll find you the crime"

Yeah - I can't wait.  <pops popcorn and grabs a beer>  What those who fail to study history simple never comprehend is that the evil Genie who grants them their wishes today becomes their tormentor tomorrow.  Until then?  Dance in the streets like there is no tomorrow.
"Oh!" And then read the history of the French Revolution.  It's a great example about how "turnabout is fair play." 

WOrld_burning.png.7ed450b5d14efcc66d4876d9de86da74.png

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Social Media said:

However, the consequences for Trump could extend beyond financial penalties, as Judge Merchan has issued a serious warning that further violations could result in incarceration.

Yeah, just do it then. It'll just make Trump more popular as it will be seen as an attempt to silence the GOP candidate for president.

I suspect the secret service might have something to say about that.

The IMO weaponised judicial system is failing to keep Trump from winning and if anything is making him more popular. Roll on November.:cheesy:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

Indeed.. Like their orange Messiah, the maga-crowd don't like to read..

If it can't be said through a one-liner or a slogan, it's not worth saying at all. (Mostly, because they won't read past that anyway..)

When someone says that a poster is writing dribble, the expected response isn't to post more dribble.

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1

29 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Trump is not a self-made man. He inherited his money from his father.

The mixing of the pot is mainly in Republican disenfranchisement of minority voters, and the vagaries of the Electoral College.

The people did not speak for him. Trump was beaten in the popular vote in 2016 and 2020.

Witch hunt is the myth put out by Trump supporters and Trump himself. Anything to avoid acknowledging he has been indicted 4 times by grand juries of ordinary citizens.

Try posting something with a grain of truth next time.

So you know who put a laugh emoji on that post I'll put it on here.

:cheesy:

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1

52 minutes ago, connda said:

I agree 100%.  Not because I have like or dislike about Trump, my feelings about him are neutral at best.  Nope - it's the Lawfare being wielded against politicians.  This is fun to watch.  Fun in the sense that once the Lawfare Genie is completely out of the bottle in the US, there will be no way to put it back in.  And then?  Let The Games Begin as the US political system and system of justice descends into third-world irrelevance. 

But "Oh?"  Ya'll think it stops with just Trump?  Nope.  Lawfare will be the cudgel and the baton used to beat political opponents by whichever Uni-Party Swamp-Critters whom manage to ooze to the reeking surface of the US ruling class.  The US will rip itself apart.
As the USSR's Chief of Secret Police, Lavrentiy Beria said, "Show me the man and I'll find you the crime"

Yeah - I can't wait.  <pops popcorn and grabs a beer>  What those who fail to study history simple never comprehend is that the evil Genie who grants them their wishes today becomes their tormentor tomorrow.  Until then?  Dance in the streets like there is no tomorrow.
"Oh!" And then read the history of the French Revolution.  It's a great example about how "turnabout is fair play." 

WOrld_burning.png.7ed450b5d14efcc66d4876d9de86da74.png

Well that imagined outcome sounds troubling until we reflect on the actual arguments made by Trump’s legal team that a President would have the right to order the assassination of of a political rival and/or order the military to undertake a coup and it would all be perfectly legal.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The US election is already a very very bad joke with 2 ( 3 if one includes the awful Harris ) completely unsuitable candidates for the most powerful position on the planet.

I'm voting for Taylor Swift POTUS 2024.

In the meanwhile, Democrats work overtime to get Trump in jail (which will simply backfire imho), and both sides of the Uni-Party want to eviscerate the First Amendment protections of free speech, freedom of assembly, freedom of the (alternative) press, and freedom of religion (Muslims bad) on college and university campuses (government funded educational institutions ARE public institutions where First Amendment protections apply but send in the National Guard - Remember Kent State?) and Gen-Z students find their political teeth and protest genocide in Palestine - just like anti-war, Boomer vets like myself protested against the Vietnam War.  Remember the 1968 Democratic Convention?  I do.  Aug 19 - 24 in Chicago is going to be a very interesting historical "rhyme." 

Then come November 2024:  Trump in prison (Orange man is the New Orange) and Gen-Z in near revolt? 

Break out the popcorn and keg and party like it's 2099!
WOrld_burning.png.ab858ab3182287af3fcfadca69773f00.png

Edited by connda
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1